Car Waiting at Emden

All your ordering information here!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

On-Track wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:44 am In my experience Porsche Connect goes live when the car clears customs in the UK. Download Porsche Connect from Google Play and tie up with your OPC for the activation code.

As others have said after "Build Completion" the Porsche system is notoriously unreliable. Porsche share space on the ships from Emden with other VW group cars so it could be at Emden for a few hours or weeks.
That is not my experience.

The OPC wanted the Activation Code for mine so that they could activate it during PDI.

My Macan did not show in the App on my mobile until the OPC had activated it.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Part of the PDI is now centralised at port not at dealer so the comment about connect becoming live earlier than at dealer is true
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Beaverman

Post by Beaverman »

I’m in the same boat (pardon the pun!!) in that my Gen 2 GTS has been at the port for about 10 days now. OPC doesn’t know when it will hit the water but have shared screen shots with me so I can see it’s built with a chassis number etc.
Now taken delivery of Gen 2 GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMWQDY44
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

My Gen 2 Turbo was apparently on the boat on the 24th September - maybe they are taking the scenic route over :lol:

There was also an apparent delay at the port in Germany ...
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

mueslibrown wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:00 pm My Gen 2 Turbo was apparently on the boat on the 24th September - maybe they are taking the scenic route over :lol:

There was also an apparent delay at the port in Germany ...
Maybe they turned right instead of left. To quote the great John Finnemore " which way round the globe were you planning on going?!"
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

Anyone else get a mail-shot today about the Porsche dash-cam ... if not, I'm taking that as a sign that the car is here and they want me to buy stuff!!
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

mueslibrown wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:48 pm Anyone else get a mail-shot today about the Porsche dash-cam ... if not, I'm taking that as a sign that the car is here and they want me to buy stuff!!
Sadly I got it last week, so I suspect they aren’t emailing everyone all at the same time.
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Just received the dash cam email today....but knowing Porsche’s pricing, I don’t think I’ll be rushing to get one supplied and fitted!! 😏
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Hitenrallye

Post by Hitenrallye »

Beaverman wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:28 pm I’m in the same boat (pardon the pun!!) in that my Gen 2 GTS has been at the port for about 10 days now. OPC doesn’t know when it will hit the water but have shared screen shots with me so I can see it’s built with a chassis number etc.
Hopefully both cars arrive soon.

I just spoken to the dealer and they said could be up to 3/4 weeks before it arrives in the uk. They said Porsche are sharing a vessel with VW now and it’s delaying things.
Also they is a key shortage so the car will only be supplied with 1 key to start with!!!!
Steering column electric adjustment will not work either as they are waiting for parts to arrive.
Gen 3 Macan S -Wife
991.2 GTS 2018-My Car
M4 Comp 2019-Need to sell it!
E39 M5 2001-Animal
Corrado VR6 Storm 1996-Fully Restored
Joe390

Post by Joe390 »

Hitenrallye wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:18 pm
Beaverman wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:28 pm I’m in the same boat (pardon the pun!!) in that my Gen 2 GTS has been at the port for about 10 days now. OPC doesn’t know when it will hit the water but have shared screen shots with me so I can see it’s built with a chassis number etc.
Hopefully both cars arrive soon.

I just spoken to the dealer and they said could be up to 3/4 weeks before it arrives in the uk. They said Porsche are sharing a vessel with VW now and it’s delaying things.
Also they is a key shortage so the car will only be supplied with 1 key to start with!!!!
Steering column electric adjustment will not work either as they are waiting for parts to arrive.
Wait, so are they going to retrospectively fit the steering column motor post delivery?