Car Waiting at Emden

All your ordering information here!
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Tracky wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:16 am If you are following ships you might just as well go and camp outside the factory to follow your car !!

It will turn up when it will turn up and there are many stages between ship and driveway that can still slow it down!
But tracking is all part of the fun of ordering a new car, an element of fun Porsche have not supplied and other car manufacturers do. Next you'll be telling us you don't use the NORAD Santa tracker on Christmas eve! :roll:

BanZ

Post by BanZ »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:20 am
Tracky wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:16 am If you are following ships you might just as well go and camp outside the factory to follow your car !!

It will turn up when it will turn up and there are many stages between ship and driveway that can still slow it down!
But tracking is all part of the fun of ordering a new car, an element of fun Porsche have not supplied and other car manufacturers do. Next you'll be telling us you don't use the NORAD Santa tracker on Christmas eve! :roll:
Agreed - especially if like me this is your first ever meeting car (and first ever decent car, my current daily driver left the factory with 87bhp). I think Porsche are missing a huge customer experience truck by not providing tracking/updates direct to customers.

Had the option been there to go to the factory to pick up the car though I’d definately have done that!
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

If ‘on time’ can lose a lotus between Norfolk and Suffolk I have no faith in anything further

Santa who? I was told when I was 4 that he didn’t exist!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Deleted User 4436

Tracky wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:41 am If ‘on time’ can lose a lotus between Norfolk and Suffolk I have no faith in anything further

Santa who? I was told when I was 4 that he didn’t exist!
That explains a lot
GTB

Post by GTB »

Agree that many things can still happen.

I had a friend that bought some kind of fancy SUV that came from Mexico or the like, it was a new model he had been promised all sorts of dates that passed and eventually six months after he should have got this new model car was told it was now at last on a ship. Manufacturer and dealer kept almost in daily contact, ship arrived UK, Car offloaded, just waiting on internal transport within the UK. Then a call from the Dealer Pricipal extremely apologetic saying he had just sent pics of his brand new shining car, after it had just fallen off the transporter!!! whole front end seriously damaged. My friend rejected the car, and manufacturer said no, local dealer will be supplied full parts to repair and he must take the car, they basically said they were doing him a favour by the daily reporting due to delays, and if they now said a further delay they knew he would be upset hence the pictures telling the truth, Manufacturer says damage to new cars happens all the time and in nearly all the cases customers will never know.

So for me, after order is placed, it will arrive when all the planets are aligned does do your nerves any good right enough.

But enjoy your car when it arrives and fingers crossed of no mishaps in the final delivery miles.......

GTB
Current Macan GTS Collected July 2022 https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNM4GBM0
Deleted User 4436

GTB wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:44 am Agree that many things can still happen.

I had a friend that bought some kind of fancy SUV that came from Mexico or the like, it was a new model he had been promised all sorts of dates that passed and eventually six months after he should have got this new model car was told it was now at last on a ship. Manufacturer and dealer kept almost in daily contact, ship arrived UK, Car offloaded, just waiting on internal transport within the UK. Then a call from the Dealer Pricipal extremely apologetic saying he had just sent pics of his brand new shining car, after it had just fallen off the transporter!!! whole front end seriously damaged. My friend rejected the car, and manufacturer said no, local dealer will be supplied full parts to repair and he must take the car, they basically said they were doing him a favour by the daily reporting due to delays, and if they now said a further delay they knew he would be upset hence the pictures telling the truth, Manufacturer says damage to new cars happens all the time and in nearly all the cases customers will never know.

So for me, after order is placed, it will arrive when all the planets are aligned does do your nerves any good right enough.

But enjoy your car when it arrives and fingers crossed of no mishaps in the final delivery miles.......

GTB
BMW managed to "lose" my brother's M2 in transit. It came in via a completely different port to the one it was supposed to and then ended up at the wrong dealer.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

BanZ wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:34 am
Had the option been there to go to the factory to pick up the car though I’d definately have done that!

That option has existed on some models in the past! A number of folks have travelled to Germany to pick up their 911 from the factory. :geek:
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Deleted User 4436

Wing Commander wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:53 am
BanZ wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:34 am

That option has existed on some models in the past! A number of folks have travelled to Germany to pick up their 911 from the factory. :geek:
I think it got Covid-ed.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I saw a new car on EBay back in 1993 the auction ended before I had satisfied myself all was proper but I ended up buying it directly. It was sold by the car transport company because something had been dropped on its roof en route from Emden, sorry, Japan, and Daihatsu washed their hands of it. I saved 25% but suffered with a couple of marks at the top of the A pillars where too much paint had met the masking tape. Can't see the same happening with a Porsche, with their margins it'll be fixed and you'll never know! Obviously there'll be another mysterious delay...... There, there, nothing to worry about, sleep easy at night :)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

BanZ wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:06 am
Nuclear Nick wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:53 am
Vessel Finder is accurate, but there’s still no way of knowing which car is on which vessel.
It’s the hope that kills you :)
Constant checking and then wondering why the vessel is taking that long way round because all of a sudden you are the best ships navigator 🤣
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose