Remaining a Porsche loyalist - 2022 Macan ordered!

All your ordering information here!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

estymasko wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:01 am
On-Track wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:05 am Welcome to the forum.

As others have said, the car looks great. But (there has to be a but :D ) you've spent all your option money on how the car looks to others and nothing on the interior which is where you'll spend most of your time. If you're happy with that fine, I just hope you don't come to regret it.
As sweetmeister says above, I like to always look back at my cars and be unable to tear my eyes away! I just love a gorgeous aesthetic, and as I don’t do many miles (work from home), I find the basic interior absolutely fine for my needs. I’ve had the basic 8 way seats in both my previous Caymans and found no issues with them at all, even on long motorway drives. I’m also 5ft 3” and early 20s, so maybe once I’m a fair bit older with pending back pain then seat positioning and comfort will be more of a priority :lol: :lol:

Wow! Early 20s and you’ve already had two Caymans!! :shock:

How old were you when you got your first Porsche? :)

And what prompted you to go from a Porsche sports car to an SUV? 8-)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:25 pm
Neil1911 wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 5:04 pm 21 inch wheels and no PASM? That'll generate some discussion!
Keep quiet don’t tell Col. Lamb 😄
Oh I read the thread.

Young and with no back issues so the Op can probably get away with it.

As it is 2.0 litre engine, 8 way seats and 21” wheels are the absolute worst combination for this old codger but as an S5 was cancelled that would probably have had more uncomfortable seating and had a teeth loosening ride compared to the ordered Macan.

For the Ops benefit I totally dislike the asthmatic 2.0 engine which imo is only good around town and sedate driving, it has to be worked to keep pace with traffic on the open road. Previously I test drove a Macan with 8 way seats, no PASM and 21” wheels, it gave a very hard and uncomfortable ride, the handling was severely compromised v a Macan with PASM but as I have a very bad back the 8 way seats were the absolutely most uncomfortable ever, even my 1963 Mini was more comfortable.

Good luck with your chosen Macan.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
estymasko

Post by estymasko »

Wing Commander wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:40 am
On-Track wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:05 am Welcome to the forum.

As others have said, the car looks great. But (there has to be a but :D ) you've spent all your option money on how the car looks to others and nothing on the interior which is where you'll spend most of your time. If you're happy with that fine, I just hope you don't come to regret it.
As sweetmeister says above, I like to always look back at my cars and be unable to tear my eyes away! I just love a gorgeous aesthetic, and as I don’t do many miles (work from home), I find the basic interior absolutely fine for my needs. I’ve had the basic 8 way seats in both my previous Caymans and found no issues with them at all, even on long motorway drives. I’m also 5ft 3” and early 20s, so maybe once I’m a fair bit older with pending back pain then seat positioning and comfort will be more of a priority :lol: :lol:

I was 19 when I walked into my OPC to factory order the first 718C and was immediately shunted :roll: I don’t think they took me seriously until we shook hands on the deal and I paid the deposit (I’m also a very short female and look much younger than I am!)
Kept that Cayman for shy of 2 years and ordered a new one with more options that I felt my first severely lacked - kept that for just over 18 months and sold it last month via Wizzle for a cracking price. I’m glad I did as used prices are starting to drop again, so I sold at the perfect time.

I loved having a 2-seater coupe, but I was ready for something bigger with backseats. I previously had an Audi TT too, so I’d had enough of that cramped sporty feel! Always loved the Macan, but back in June when I was deciding what car to get next, all information about the gen 3 had yet to be announced - no pricing, no spec info, and a long waiting list. I didn’t want to wait 9+ months for a car that I had no info on yet, so I placed an order for the S5, but the past few months I kept looking at used Macans and just knew I wasn’t going to be 100% satisfied with the S5. So I called up my OPC yesterday morning, the sales manager bumped me up the waiting list due to being a repeat customer, and the order was placed and the S5 cancelled all within an hour.

I will enjoy being higher up for a change! And actually able to reach the windows at drive-thrus :D
2024 Porsche Taycan 4S sport turismo
2022 Porsche Macan S
2022 Audi S5 Sportback
2019 Porsche 718 Cayman
2017 Porsche 718 Cayman
2016 Audi TT
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

estymasko wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:45 pm

I was 19 when I walked into my OPC to factory order the first 718C and was immediately shunted :roll: I don’t think they took me seriously until we shook hands on the deal and I paid the deposit (I’m also a very short female and look much younger than I am!)
Kept that Cayman for shy of 2 years and ordered a new one with more options that I felt my first severely lacked - kept that for just over 18 months and sold it last month via Wizzle for a cracking price. I’m glad I did as used prices are starting to drop again, so I sold at the perfect time.

I loved having a 2-seater coupe, but I was ready for something bigger with backseats. I previously had an Audi TT too, so I’d had enough of that cramped sporty feel! Always loved the Macan, but back in June when I was deciding what car to get next, all information about the gen 3 had yet to be announced - no pricing, no spec info, and a long waiting list. I didn’t want to wait 9+ months for a car that I had no info on yet, so I placed an order for the S5, but the past few months I kept looking at used Macans and just knew I wasn’t going to be 100% satisfied with the S5. So I called up my OPC yesterday morning, the sales manager bumped me up the waiting list due to being a repeat customer, and the order was placed and the S5 cancelled all within an hour.

I will enjoy being higher up for a change! And actually able to reach the windows at drive-thrus :D
So, the obvious question, if you got bumped up, which one of us got bumped down?
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Good for you! I was 50 before I got my first Porsche! :lol:

Enjoy your Macan when you get it! :D
Simon

estymasko

Post by estymasko »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:16 pm

So, the obvious question, if you got bumped up, which one of us got bumped down?
Hmm.. sales manager vaguely said the order of priority is return retail customers > first time retail customers > orders placed through brokers
2024 Porsche Taycan 4S sport turismo
2022 Porsche Macan S
2022 Audi S5 Sportback
2019 Porsche 718 Cayman
2017 Porsche 718 Cayman
2016 Audi TT
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Good on you for the early start is sports cars and Porsches

V6 mondeo when I was 19, I’ve made up for that since, and still under 50!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

estymasko wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:46 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 4:16 pm

Hmm.. sales manager vaguely said the order of priority is return retail customers > first time retail customers > orders placed through brokers
Don't I know it!!!!!

https://www.bigcommerce.co.uk/blog/cust ... -retention

Not that much fun if you've been waiting since April though!!!
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

On-Track wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:48 pm
estymasko wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 2:40 pm..
Accidental post?
No, a deliberate post, just nothing to say :D
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Maybe just a post ‘bump’ as it was their original post, over a year ago? :)
Simon