Driver memory package

All your ordering information here!
kirkir

Post by kirkir »

Translated from Porsche Germany website:
"Memory function includes driver seat and exterior mirror adjustment, additional mirror lighting and exterior mirrors with parking aid (automatic curb) "

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

PorscheMack wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:43 pm
SAC1 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:39 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:52 am The strongest advice you can have is to thoroughly road test a Macan which has the 8 way seats.

Without doubt the most unpleasant test drive of any car ever for me (all makes) was a Macan with 8 way seats, which had a flat back, no support anywhere, hence grossly uncomfortable.

Rather than dipping side mirrors Surround Cam will be imo far better and safer to use.
Just for balance.....I find the 8-way seats extremely comfortable and prefer them to 14 or 18-way ones.
Thought 8 and 14 way seats were the same except for the additional lumbar adjustment etc.. 🤔
Definitely not on the GTS. ;)
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Alfanut

Post by Alfanut »

When spec’ing my gen3 GTS, too many boxes were getting ticked, one potential saving was to stick with std 8 way sports seats as opposed to the 18 way adaptive sports seats. Discussing this with SE he told me that the 8way is the same physical seat as the 18 way less many adjustments. However, and this was the issue for me, the only way to get the full memory package is to opt for the 18 ways, but I did not check about the mirror dipping specifically. This was bit of a bummer as it’s almost £1,300, but my wife and I both use the car regularly, have had a memory function paired to the key for almost 10 years & would really miss it. So the 18 way box is ticked - these buggers at Porsche are devious.
2022 Macan GTS & 718 GT4.
Past: Macan S, Audi S4 B8 Avant / Alfa 147 Q2 Diesel / Alfa 147 2.0 Selespeed
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:52 am The strongest advice you can have is to thoroughly road test a Macan which has the 8 way seats.

Without doubt the most unpleasant test drive of any car ever for me (all makes) was a Macan with 8 way seats, which had a flat back, no support anywhere, hence grossly uncomfortable.

Rather than dipping side mirrors Surround Cam will be imo far better and safer to use.
Just for balance.....I find the 8-way seats extremely comfortable and prefer them to 14 or 18-way ones.
Thought 8 and 14 way seats were the same except for the additional lumbar adjustment etc.. 🤔
You can adjust the length of the seat squab on both the 14 way and 18 way. That feature is not available on the 8 way seats (not sure about the GTS version).
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

I’m waiting to sit in both gts 8 and 18 way seats. I’ve test driven 8 way in gts but didn’t pay too much attention as at the time I was ordering an s. Now that has changed I wish I’d paid more attention but they were comfortable. With lumbar I always flatten it back out so In theory no support is there. So maybe wouldn’t make a difference to me. I’d swap to comfort seats if it was a no cost option but refuse to swap leather gts seats for leather comfort seats and pay extra
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

On-Track wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 6:10 pm

You can adjust the length of the seat squab on both the 14 way and 18 way. That feature is not available on the 8 way seats (not sure about the GTS version).
I think the seat squab extension is only really relevant to those of you that aren’t short arses ( like what I am). I’ve had several cars with extendable seat squabs and Ive never adjusted them. I known the Porsche seats are different but most other cars I have had just ended up with them being a great crumb catcher for sneaky motorway snacks.
Deleted User 4436

Winryn wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:08 pm I’m waiting to sit in both gts 8 and 18 way seats. I’ve test driven 8 way in gts but didn’t pay too much attention as at the time I was ordering an s. Now that has changed I wish I’d paid more attention but they were comfortable. With lumbar I always flatten it back out so In theory no support is there. So maybe wouldn’t make a difference to me. I’d swap to comfort seats if it was a no cost option but refuse to swap leather gts seats for leather comfort seats and pay extra
I was the same. I had to phone the OPC to check what seats the demo car that I drove had. I then went back and sat in a GTS then a base macan with 14 seats ( both Gen ii ) and to me it was the difference between sitting on snug fitting church pew that dislocated your butt cheeks every time you got in vs sitting on a cloud. I also tried an S with 18 way and it was almost as bad as the GTS. I genuinely think the 18 way seats look better but, for me, they are looks over functionality.

I absolutely know others disagree with this, and that’s entirely my point. Absolutely don’t make a decision purely on my, or anyone else’s opinion on seats. The only way to be sure is to squeeze your sit-a-pon into the different options and see which cossets it/them the best for you.
TheTraveller

Post by TheTraveller »

Another viewpoint. When I spoke with the SE about seats, straight away he said the 18 way are no good for me, as they are too rigid, and would be too uncomfortable, as the bolsters are too rigid, and would be tight for me. This was due to my size, over 2 mts tall and of solid build. I tried them and boy was he correct.
Deleted User 4436

TheTraveller wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:24 am Another viewpoint. When I spoke with the SE about seats, straight away he said the 18 way are no good for me, as they are too rigid, and would be too uncomfortable, as the bolsters are too rigid, and would be tight for me. This was due to my size, over 2 mts tall and of solid build. I tried them and boy was he correct.
When I was vacillating over the seats my SE said a very similar thing. Not height related (I'm a short-arse) but basically he said the 14 way are a much more comfortable seat and that unless I was really set on getting the 18 way he thought the 14 way was the better choice. Of course its entirely possible he just wanted me to go away at this point :)

Again thought, to be clear I'm not saying one is better than the other, just that you really need to try them
MacanPNeil

Post by MacanPNeil »

thanks for the replies, ultimately the advice given is right - don't spec anything like seats without trying them all out first! Just waiting for my OPC to call to say they have their Gen 3 Demo's in. They have said end of this month / start of Nov...