Driver memory package

All your ordering information here!
MacanPNeil

Post by MacanPNeil »

Hi,

Does anyone know if the Driver Memory package option when paired with the base 8 way seats means the side mirror/s would dip when reverse is selected?

I can see from the configurator that when 14 way seats option is selected the ''exterior mirrors with parking aid (kerb view parking aid)'' is included but there seems to be no such mention of it when looking at the information for the driver memory package option.

Essentially I want to know if I must option the 14 way seats or higher if I want the side mirrors to dip for reverse parking......

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

The strongest advice you can have is to thoroughly road test a Macan which has the 8 way seats.

Without doubt the most unpleasant test drive of any car ever for me (all makes) was a Macan with 8 way seats, which had a flat back, no support anywhere, hence grossly uncomfortable.

Rather than dipping side mirrors Surround Cam will be imo far better and safer to use.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

You'll need to wait for someone who has the Driver's Memory package to be certain but from the website description I would say it does not include Passenger Mirror Parking Aid.

I'm with Col in saying Surround Camera will be better than Mirror Parking Aid.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
andreas

Post by andreas »

Agree, Surround View is so good!
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Col Lamb wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:52 am The strongest advice you can have is to thoroughly road test a Macan which has the 8 way seats.

Without doubt the most unpleasant test drive of any car ever for me (all makes) was a Macan with 8 way seats, which had a flat back, no support anywhere, hence grossly uncomfortable.

Rather than dipping side mirrors Surround Cam will be imo far better and safer to use.
Just for balance.....I find the 8-way seats extremely comfortable and prefer them to 14 or 18-way ones.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

SAC1 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:39 pm
Col Lamb wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:52 am The strongest advice you can have is to thoroughly road test a Macan which has the 8 way seats.

Just for balance.....I find the 8-way seats extremely comfortable and prefer them to 14 or 18-way ones.
Thought 8 and 14 way seats were the same except for the additional lumbar adjustment etc.. 🤔
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
martind21

Post by martind21 »

I have a Gen 1 Macan S with 8 way seats and driver memory.

For me the passenger side mirror dips in reverse and this can be disabled/enabled in PCM.

That obviously doesn't guarantee gen2/3 are the same?
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

PorscheMack wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:43 pm
SAC1 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:39 pm

Thought 8 and 14 way seats were the same except for the additional lumbar adjustment etc.. 🤔
......and material. 8 way seats don't have the leather or leatherette inserts (I think). However the 8 way and 14 way are the same (apart from the inserts and the lumbar support) and pretty much every review I have ever seen says they are amazingly comfortable. Certainly the ones I sat in where, whereas I found the 18 way seats very restrictive, hard to sit on and actually painful to get in and out of because of the massive bolsters on the bottom/sides. However, this is only on demonstrators so maybe you can adjust the uncomfortableness out of them after a while

Seats and ACC seem to be the most contentious issues on this forum (along with why you need to be lobotomised for not buying a GTS)
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

I have had all 3 seats. Had standard 8 way ( + leather pack ) on my first Macan, 18 ways with leather pack on my second Macan and 14 ways plus leather pack on my third Macan. Going back to 8 ways and leather pack on my yet to be delivered 2.0 Macan.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:22 pm I have had all 3 seats. Had standard 8 way ( + leather pack ) on my first Macan, 18 ways with leather pack on my second Macan and 14 ways plus leather pack on my third Macan. Going back to 8 ways and leather pack on my yet to be delivered 2.0 Macan.
Always good to hear from someone that’s been there and done that. I can only go on the brief experience I’ve had thanks to Mid Sussex letting sit in just about everything, and the reviews I’ve seen on line.