Macan seating position and seats

All your ordering information here!
Kav1

Post by Kav1 »

Col Lamb wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:02 pm I am 5’10” and 75kg and the 18 way are a very snug fit even with the adjustments dialled off to flatten the bolsters as much as possible.

With the Bolsters adjusted to the full on position it is not so much sit in as sit on the seats and the back bolsters do cause me quite severe back pain but I do have severe back issues and I am hyper critical of seating that causes me issues.

So do try the 18 way before you commit and by try I mean thrash a Macan with 18 ways through the twisties as fast as it is safe to go, just sitting in them and tootling along is not a way to test out the seating. If you can repeat the drive in a Macan with 14 way seats

The GTS 8 way are a bit different to the standard 8 way but again it is what works for you that matters, if you have any kind of back issues play it safe and opt for the 14 way.
Hi Col

I'm 5'11 and 78kg so equalvent build to you! Yep, I had the bolsters dialed off and the fit was very snug. Lumbar support is quite important for me as I tend to use and adjust the settings quite often. The 8 way GTS seats don't have lumbar support so may be able to rule out one of the options ;). All these options make things so confusing :lol:
2020 BMW X4 M Competition - Current
2019 Audi S5 Coupe
2017 BMW M4 Competition
2014 Cayman S
2012 Boxster S

Kav1

Post by Kav1 »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 9:17 pm
Kav1 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:46 pm Hi All

New member here and great forum! I put down a deposit for a Gen 3 GTS back in July with the following Porsche code: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNP9Q8B7

I popped into my local OPC last week, and lucky enough, they had just received a Gen 3 S in Crayon. The OPC were quite busy, but I managed to get a quick look and interior feel for the car. First thoughts, I found it quite tricky to get a comfortable seating position. I like sitting higher up and usually move my seat to a high position; however, I found my left leg/knee hitting the centre console. The centre console protrudes out, and I just found that whichever high position I tried, my knee would continually hit the centre console. I am 5ft 11inch, so would say of average height and build 😊 ! Wondering if anyone else has come across this? I presume this will not be an issue if I sit lower down and push the seat further back; however, my preference has always been to sit slightly higher.

The car I sat in had 18-way electric sports seats and found that I was sitting on the seat rather than sitting in the seat (if you catch my drift). Also found the side bolsters quite snug and pretty uncomfortable getting in and out of the seat. Should I consider the comfort or GTS seats? Or maybe I just need some more time with a Gen 3 and take it for a test drive?
You’re the first I’ve heard say the centre console protrudes out. Normally it’s people saying they can’t use the footrest for the left foot. I think in both instances it’s an initial feel due to having been used to a different car. I’m confident that when you get your car you will do what many do, and that is to spend a week or two getting used to it, fiddling with minor seat adjustments until you’re finally happy with it. After that you will forget about the initial feelings you had when you first sat in the car.
Hey Nick

Yep, the centre console in my current car is set back and angled whilst in the Macan, the bottom right does protude out. Again, this is all liked to my seating position and sitting higher up rather than sitting lower in the car. As you say, im just not familiar with the Macan and definitely need to spend some more time in one :D
2020 BMW X4 M Competition - Current
2019 Audi S5 Coupe
2017 BMW M4 Competition
2014 Cayman S
2012 Boxster S
bigbaldybloke

Post by bigbaldybloke »

I’m on my second Macan, both my previous S and current GTS have the 18 way seats fitted and for me they are some of the most comfortable seat I’ve ever had in a car, long journeys are no problem. I’m 6’ 2” and average build and find them easy to adjust to a comfortable position. But seats are very personal so we all have our own likes and dislikes, I suggest trying to get an extended test drive in a car with those seats.
Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PH8LE871
Macan GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMPNV5P9
Lotus Elan +2
Mitsubishi Shogun
Mini Cooper S Electric