Macan seating position and seats

All your ordering information here!
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Are the 14 way leather seats in the new GTS identical to the GenII's as they look slightly different on the Confudgerator?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

FYI, I just drove a Gen 3 S with 14 way seats. Felt excellent. Despite being “comfort” they feel a lot like the sport seats in my current car.
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

I’ve just sat in 18 way sport seats and they felt very comfortable for my 5ft 10 78kg frame. Need to try the 8 way sport seats now. Sat in 14 way last week which were also comfortable but my preference is the 18 way between the 2
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Macaning wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:50 pm
On-Track wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 10:03 am
Kav1 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:46 pm The car I sat in had 18-way electric sports seats and found that I was sitting on the seat rather than sitting in the seat (if you catch my drift). Also found the side bolsters quite snug and pretty uncomfortable getting in and out of the seat. Should I consider the comfort or GTS seats? Or maybe I just need some more time with a Gen 3 and take it for a test drive?
Hi and welcome to the forum.

First thing to be aware of is the 8-way seats in the GTS are not comfort seats, they're unique to the GTS. They're closer in shape to the 18-way seats but without the adjustment capability of the 18-way sports seat. Without sitting in a GTS (of any generation) fitted with these you'll not be able to try them out.

The 18-way seats are almost infinitely adjustable and you have no way of knowing whether any adjustments had been made to the seats you sat in. If you have a test drive in a car fitted with 18-way seats, get the SE to adjust the bolsters to the widest setting and start from there.

A minor point, if you go for the 14-way seats, I believe I'm right in saying you lose the option of having GTS impressed on the seat back (you have to have the Porsche logo instead).

BTW, in keeping with its sports car heritage, Porsche designed the Macan on the basis that you sit "in" it so the seat will be lower than normal for an SUV.
Even in 14-way seats still the GTS logo is shown in headrest, Am I missing something ?
No, I'm wrong. I was basing my post on the situation for the Gen 2 GTS. It would seem that for the Gen 3 the GTS logo is present regardless of seat choice.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
andreas

Post by andreas »

Kav1 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:46 pm
The car I sat in had 18-way electric sports seats and found that I was sitting on the seat rather than sitting in the seat (if you catch my drift). Also found the side bolsters quite snug and pretty uncomfortable getting in and out of the seat. Should I consider the comfort or GTS seats? Or maybe I just need some more time with a Gen 3 and take it for a test drive?
The 18-way seats are very adjustable, and you need to spend time fiddling with the inflatable bolsters on the seat and the seat back to find your optimum position. I have them in my Macan, and it probably took me a week of fiddling to find my ideal seat settings. Once that's done, the 18-ways are supremely comfortable.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Kav1

Post by Kav1 »

Thanks all for the information and suggestions. Thinking the 14 way comfort seats could be the right fit for me but definitely need to get back to my OPC and try out other seat options. My OPC is West London, Chiswick and they only had the one Macan there. Could pop up to Reading, does anyone know if they are likely to have a greater selection of Macans?
2020 BMW X4 M Competition - Current
2019 Audi S5 Coupe
2017 BMW M4 Competition
2014 Cayman S
2012 Boxster S
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Kav1 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:03 pm Thanks all for the information and suggestions. Thinking the 14 way comfort seats could be the right fit for me but definitely need to get back to my OPC and try out other seat options. My OPC is West London, Chiswick and they only had the one Macan there. Could pop up to Reading, does anyone know if they are likely to have a greater selection of Macans?
Mid Sussex has 2 gen 3’s with 14 way seats in of you fancy a bit of a drive out. Only just the other side of Gatwick so not that far.
Kav1

Post by Kav1 »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:10 pm
Kav1 wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:03 pm Thanks all for the information and suggestions. Thinking the 14 way comfort seats could be the right fit for me but definitely need to get back to my OPC and try out other seat options. My OPC is West London, Chiswick and they only had the one Macan there. Could pop up to Reading, does anyone know if they are likely to have a greater selection of Macans?
Mid Sussex has 2 gen 3’s with 14 way seats in of you fancy a bit of a drive out. Only just the other side of Gatwick so not that far.
Thanks Omni
2020 BMW X4 M Competition - Current
2019 Audi S5 Coupe
2017 BMW M4 Competition
2014 Cayman S
2012 Boxster S
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I am 5’10” and 75kg and the 18 way are a very snug fit even with the adjustments dialled off to flatten the bolsters as much as possible.

With the Bolsters adjusted to the full on position it is not so much sit in as sit on the seats and the back bolsters do cause me quite severe back pain but I do have severe back issues and I am hyper critical of seating that causes me issues.

So do try the 18 way before you commit and by try I mean thrash a Macan with 18 ways through the twisties as fast as it is safe to go, just sitting in them and tootling along is not a way to test out the seating. If you can repeat the drive in a Macan with 14 way seats

The GTS 8 way are a bit different to the standard 8 way but again it is what works for you that matters, if you have any kind of back issues play it safe and opt for the 14 way.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Kav1 wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 11:46 pm Hi All

New member here and great forum! I put down a deposit for a Gen 3 GTS back in July with the following Porsche code: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNP9Q8B7

I popped into my local OPC last week, and lucky enough, they had just received a Gen 3 S in Crayon. The OPC were quite busy, but I managed to get a quick look and interior feel for the car. First thoughts, I found it quite tricky to get a comfortable seating position. I like sitting higher up and usually move my seat to a high position; however, I found my left leg/knee hitting the centre console. The centre console protrudes out, and I just found that whichever high position I tried, my knee would continually hit the centre console. I am 5ft 11inch, so would say of average height and build 😊 ! Wondering if anyone else has come across this? I presume this will not be an issue if I sit lower down and push the seat further back; however, my preference has always been to sit slightly higher.

The car I sat in had 18-way electric sports seats and found that I was sitting on the seat rather than sitting in the seat (if you catch my drift). Also found the side bolsters quite snug and pretty uncomfortable getting in and out of the seat. Should I consider the comfort or GTS seats? Or maybe I just need some more time with a Gen 3 and take it for a test drive?
You’re the first I’ve heard say the centre console protrudes out. Normally it’s people saying they can’t use the footrest for the left foot. I think in both instances it’s an initial feel due to having been used to a different car. I’m confident that when you get your car you will do what many do, and that is to spend a week or two getting used to it, fiddling with minor seat adjustments until you’re finally happy with it. After that you will forget about the initial feelings you had when you first sat in the car.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA