Am I nuts?

All your ordering information here!
MH82

Post by MH82 »

Long time lurker but never introduced myself properly.

I’ve had a couple of Porsche’s previously (a 987.2S and a 991.1 C2S) with the 911 leaving me just over a month ago as I needed some additional liquidity and the used car market has been going through the roof.

As a result we’re now looking at a more family orientated vehicle and the Macan GTS is ticking the boxes.

However, I envisage keeping the car for quite a decent amount of time (up to 10 years) so don’t want to get buyers remorse from under-specifying it.

I’m a long way from having to lock down the spec but at the moment I’m looking quite extravagant…..

www.porsche-code.com/PN1FSWW1

Thoughts? (Seeing as I know we all have opinions 😉)
2022 GTS order cancelled
2023 718 Spyder order cancelled
Gone rogue and bought an Aston Martin V12 Vantage S :shock:

MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Over £22kin additions is probably nuts! But if it’s what you want?

I would question : PCCB, Burmester, RaceTex grab handles and gear selector, Carbon steering wheel, ioniser, comfort entry, wireless phone charger. That’s a considerable amount off and you still have a great specced car.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

MikeM wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:23 pm Over £22kin additions is probably nuts! But if it’s what you want?

I would question : PCCB, Burmester, RaceTex grab handles and gear selector, Carbon steering wheel, ioniser, comfort entry, wireless phone charger. That’s a considerable amount off and you still have a great specced car.
Wireless phone charger you’ll need to try. If you have one of the lager phones i understand they wont fit without taking them out of the case ( only videos on YouTube, so may not be accurate ).

Loads on the forum about comfort entry being an option that car thieves hope you spec ( although some of that may be down to the average age of members being close to triple digits )

I’m not entirely sure what the ioniser actually does.

Carbon steering wheels certainly wont be to everyones taste, but you must remember that what anyone else says you are buying the car for you.

Some people think Tracy Emmin is an artist, I think she’s just terrible at keeping her bedroom tidy. Vive la difference and all that.
Last edited by Deleted User 4436 on Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New User

Post by New User »

Ioniser plus comfort access in exchange for ACC (Active Safety benefit) would be my only comment. I used to visit Beijing and Shanghai before COVID knocked that on the head and totally get why you would want an Ioniser in your car there. In the UK …not so much.
mueslibrown

Post by mueslibrown »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:31 pm
MikeM wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:23 pm Over £22kin additions is probably nuts! But if it’s what you want?

Wireless phone charger you’ll need to try. If you have one of the lager phones i understand they wont fit without taking them out of the case ( only videos on YouTube, so may not be accurate ).

Loads on the forum about comfort entry being an option that car thieves hope you spec ( although some of that may be down to the average age of members being close to triple digits )

Carbon steering wheels certainly wont be to everyones taste, but you must remember that what anyone else says you are buying the car for you.

Some people think Tracy Emmin is an artist, I think she’s just terrible at keeping her bedroom tidy. Vive la difference and all that.
Ioniser gets rid of any negative thoughts and ensures you have a cabin of harmony and enlightenment :D
2021 Turbo (Collected 11/21) | Dolomite Silver | Half Garnet Red Leather | Pano | 18 Way Seats | PASM + Air | PTVP | Sports Chrono | PSP | PSE | 21" 911 Turbo Wheels | Gloss Black Trims | Bose
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

mueslibrown wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:45 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:31 pm

Ioniser gets rid of any negative thoughts and ensures you have a cabin of harmony and enlightenment :D
I thought you needed to buy a Tesla for that.
andreas

Post by andreas »

MH82 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:04 pm
However, I envisage keeping the car for quite a decent amount of time (up to 10 years) so don’t want to get buyers remorse from under-specifying it.

I’m a long way from having to lock down the spec but at the moment I’m looking quite extravagant…..

www.porsche-code.com/PN1FSWW1
If you really think you might keep it for 10 years, the options will only cost you about £2K a year. But if you were to want to change it somewhat sooner, you'd take a huge hit, as you'd lose most of the options cost straight away.

Regardless, the important option you're missing is Surround View - worth its weight in gold.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

If you plan to keep it for 10 years then I would say - yes get all the extras that you really want.

It is only money :D :D
GWL

Post by GWL »

Family car and no rear side airbags?
Things I'd drop : PCCB, Race-tex grab handles, Burmester, carbon on steering wheel, ioniser
Things I'd add : Rear side airbags, Surround view
Current car : Macan GTS Gen 2
Previous :
Macan Turbo Gen 1 - my 1st Porsche :D
BMW X1 (F48)
BMW M135i
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

I have the Extended Leather GTS package on my car (red not crayon) and the roof lining in alcantara (now Race Tex). I've actually just been out to the car to check because until I saw your option for the dashboard extended trim package I thought the centre clock surround was leather. I really don't think you'll get £876 in benefit from actually having it in leather.

Likewise, the grab handles blend in to the roof lining and it's only when you actually use them that you'll realise they're not in the same material as the rest of the roof lining so that's another £548 you could save.

I don't know if you've sat in a GTS but the standard brushed aluminium interior trim looks great. Like you, I have the illuminated door sills and they match with the Aluminium which they won't with the Carbon interior. Of course, you only see both together when one of the front doors is open.

I've got the noise reducing glass and even then the dominant sound at speed is tyre roar. Because of that, I'd doubt if you'll really get the benefit of the Burmeister sound system. Mind you, I'm no audiophile and I think the standard sound system is great.

As others have said, you really should think seriously about adding Surround View. Not only does it show you exactly where the car is in relation to obstacles but the panoramic front view is a great aid to exiting blind corners.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel