Should I buy from Silverstone Porsche?

All your ordering information here!
hood69

Post by hood69 »

I'd ask for the wheel and tyre insurance instead.

SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Enjoytheride wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:45 pm Yep I don’t mind on the lead times all that much actually and I kind of don’t think I’d place much certainty on either indicative timeframe…
So the incentive is free paint protection worth £660…
I guess I am interested to know (as a newbie to Porsche) whether I am sacrificing anything with my local dealership by doing so. (And whether there is anything particularly special about Porsche Silverstone..)
If not, it strikes me as simply go with the incentive dealer - and accept a longer journey to collect it!
Good point re contacting a few others too thanks…
Best to use an authorised dealer. Find your nearest one here:

https://www.gtechniq.co.uk/worldwide/
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

hood69 wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:40 pm I'd ask for the wheel and tyre insurance instead.
they don’t all do that though. Sadly Mid Sussex don’t offer wheel and tyre insurance.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Say you will have the £660 as a discount instead of a treatment.

Applying a ceramic coating is a three day job at least.

Wash, clean and dry, then paint correction which can be an 8 hour job on its own, then applying coatings, and a day curing.

Do you think an OPC will spend that amount of time on a car when they will many others to also wash clean and pdi for customers.

My guess is that an OPC with was, clean, dry and apply coating, that is it. As they will be washing and drying it anyway the coating application will take say one hour. At £660 for one hours work the rate is right up there with a sleazy Tory MP’s not so moonlighting job.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Worley

Post by Worley »

I’m in the process of ordering a Macan S and have been to the Silverstone and Leicester dealerships. Leicester also offered me the GTechniq protection straight away (not sure if this is your other dealer). I personally feel the service from Leicester to the Silverstone one is far much better having been to both a couple of times. I suppose it doesn’t matter too much after you’ve picked it up but feels a much better experience at Leicester for sure.
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Personally prefer to keep it local unless I didn’t feel well handled by the dealership then would go elsewhere. Porsche never have been big on discounts and especially in the current climate. I’ve used the same one for over 10 years and always get something for loyalty. If a deal is the driving factor try “Coast to Coast” usually -1% and delivered to your door, if that’s your thing.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian. Delivery update mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
On-Track

Post by On-Track »

Enjoytheride wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:24 pm I think it was G technik paint protection if you have any idea about that…
Hi Enjoytheride and welcome to the forum.

Detailing and paint protection is one of the more emotive topics on this forum. Some people spend thousands of pounds on having the car detailed at the time of delivery. Surprise, surprise, they will tell you all dealer applied treatment is rubbish. They may well have a point.

I'm on my third Porsche and all have had dealer applied coatings. The first two deteriorated after roughly a year and I started polishing with Autoglym and the current one is still looking good at fifteen months. If it's any help, my wife's Tiguan had dealer applied Gtechnic applied by the dealer and it's still looking good after nearly three and a half years.

You've been offered "something for nothing". It doesn't stop you having the car detailed at some point in the future. Ask Silverstone if they'll match the "free" Gtechnic coating.
Peter

Current: 2020 Carmine Red GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PMST9ZI9
Gone- 2015 Sapphire Blue Diesel
Gone -2013 Cayenne Diesel
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 9:24 pm You can guarantee that it won’t be worth £600.
+1 to that!!!!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome! :)

Guys, please note that in the OP’s first post, they say that Silverstone won’t match the free incentive. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Enjoytheride

Post by Enjoytheride »

Thank you everyone for your comments, lots of really useful insight here, and something I shall mull over.
This forum is so useful and a great community of members from this thread but also many others I have read on different topics.
Much appreciated and apologies for not replying to each individual response!