Should I buy from Silverstone Porsche?

All your ordering information here!
Enjoytheride

Post by Enjoytheride »

Evening everyone, new joiner here - I’m looking to put my deposit down on the new Macan S and I wondered if anyone had any reasons why I should buy from my local dealership (Silverstone) as opposed to another - the other is further away but they have offered an incentive which Silverstone won’t match.
Presumably I could buy from the other dealer and then never visit it again and just service at Silverstone?
I think Silverstone offer their club membership if you buy from them, not sure if this goes for people buying anywhere though?
If anyone has thoughts on this I’d be grateful to hear!
Thanks

MacanSman

Post by MacanSman »

Hi and welcome!

If they have offered you more of an incentive, then I would be inclined to take my business there but I would also confirm what the expected lead time is from each OPC. If I could have the car a few months earlier from one of them, then I would chose them as I doubt the incentive is great given they don't usually give much away!

So what's the incentive they have offered you? Maybe also be worth trying a few other OPC's too if you want your car quicker?

Cheers
Enjoytheride

Post by Enjoytheride »

Yep I don’t mind on the lead times all that much actually and I kind of don’t think I’d place much certainty on either indicative timeframe…
So the incentive is free paint protection worth £660…
I guess I am interested to know (as a newbie to Porsche) whether I am sacrificing anything with my local dealership by doing so. (And whether there is anything particularly special about Porsche Silverstone..)
If not, it strikes me as simply go with the incentive dealer - and accept a longer journey to collect it!
Good point re contacting a few others too thanks…
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

I'd be surprised if Silverstone wouldn't offer you the same if you asked.
Enjoytheride

Post by Enjoytheride »

PS I should say that what Silverstone have offered is membership to their members club which includes free golf/shooting days etc…
But is this just something any Porsche owner gets invited to??
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

There is paint protection and there is paint protection.

Ask them for details of the processes that they will use for the coating.

Then post it here for comments.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Enjoytheride

Post by Enjoytheride »

I think it was G technik paint protection if you have any idea about that…
Winryn

Post by Winryn »

I’m nervous about a dealership carrying out paint protection. They struggle to hand over cars without inflicting swirls and marring. I’d imagine their paint protection is pretty worthless and a very rushed process. Better to take it to a reputable detailer and have it ceramic coated.

Apparently people travel from all over the country to get a Silverstone registered Porsche so I’d stick to your local
andreas

Post by andreas »

Enjoytheride wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 7:24 pm I think it was G technik paint protection if you have any idea about that…
It's only a dealer-applied coating, certainly not worth £600. I was promised it when I bought my Macan, but I don't think the dealer did anything to the car.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

You can guarantee that it won’t be worth £600.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.