Price increase.

All your ordering information here!
Sniperob

Post by Sniperob »

alians1109 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:25 pm
Sniperob wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:22 pm
alians1109 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:56 pm I contacted my OPC (Perth) today. I placed an order in September which is not locked down yet. My SE confirmed that my order will not be affected by the price increase.
That's good to hear. Have you made any spec changes since placing the order?
Yes I have and my SE is also expecting my final spec for locking it in.
That's good, I want to change my spec from the original order which currently isn't locked in yet either. Order placed in September also but not expecting it to be locked in until next year. Going to speak to the SE on Saturday to find out how my order is progressing in the queue.
First Porsche ordered September 2021: http://www.porsche-code.com/PNLRZA37

Build completion 14th May. Collected 30th June. Macan S Volcano Grey

hood69

Post by hood69 »

Dunders71 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:17 pm
hood69 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:14 pm Anyone had any confirmed news from JCT600 dealerships( Newcastle,Teeside,Leeds,York or Sheffield) regards the price increase for existing orders not in build?
Nope - emailed by SE early doors today and not heard back. May not have been in today of course. You fearing the worse?
My biggest fear is choosing a colour by Friday.
My order is Carmine which my wife and daughter both said they don't like.
In fact my wife admitted she doesn't like Macan's in general.
WTF : (
Dunders71

Post by Dunders71 »

hood69 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:31 pm
Dunders71 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:17 pm
hood69 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:14 pm Anyone had any confirmed news from JCT600 dealerships( Newcastle,Teeside,Leeds,York or Sheffield) regards the price increase for existing orders not in build?
Nope - emailed by SE early doors today and not heard back. May not have been in today of course. You fearing the worse?
My biggest fear is choosing a colour by Friday.
My order is Carmine which my wife and daughter both said they don't like.
In fact my wife admitted she doesn't like Macan's in general.
WTF : (
Mrs D also waivering...........not good news :cry:
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Reading my agreement it states after the price summary "... Porsche reserves the right to alter..... pricing..... Without prior notice", but that does not mean that they will.

In section 20.1 of the agreement it says that if you want to change the spec "our business practice..." is to cancel the agreement and write a new one. Once again leaving them with the option, but not necessarily enforcing it.

The conclusion is that they decide how lenient they will be with price and spec changes, which may explain variations amongst OPCs.

So i suggest be nice to your SE and don't pi$$ him off by changing the spec umpteen times a month
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:14 pm Reading my agreement it states after the price summary "... Porsche reserves the right to alter..... pricing..... Without prior notice", but that does not mean that they will.

In section 20.1 of the agreement it says that if you want to change the spec "our business practice..." is to cancel the agreement and write a new one. Once again leaving them with the option, but not necessarily enforcing it.

The conclusion is that they decide how lenient they will be with price and spec changes, which may explain variations amongst OPCs.

So i suggest be nice to your SE and don't pi$$ him off by changing the spec umpteen times a month
Where’s the fun in that ? 🤣

Joking aside, it does amaze me that some people on this forum think asking a salesman to do the job he is paid to do ( in no small part in commission from my money ) is somehow unacceptable.
Nig0151

Post by Nig0151 »

My understanding is that it is well known in the trade that increase in prices mid cycle of a model is unethical and that reputable manufacturers avoid this as it can lead to sharp practices and profiteering by the dealers. Any change in prices should reflect a new model or designate year etc. Lockdown after a deposit usually guarantees the price before any increases, however there usually is a tendency for dealers to play hardball on delivery as failure of sale effectively gives them the vehicle secured with your deposit at the low price to sell on to a new customer at the new increased price. Its unfortunate that these issues are creeping into the car trade at this time but ultimately are due to demand and supply. Perhaps the only saving grace is that in general vehicles are a depreciating asset and despite transient issues the market will remain in favour of buyers.
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Nig as no one on here has been told the price of their already ordered car will be increasing?
Zadkiel

Post by Zadkiel »

Reading OPC came back to me with a very clear answer:-
I can confirm that your order is not subject to the new price increases.

Also, I have been given March as a delivery month :D
Macan S arrived May’22.
Met. Black, Burmester, Bordeaux ext. leather
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKMKWC6
Craig Porter

Post by Craig Porter »

This will only affect orders taken from today (15th) onwards or up until 22MY, so fingers crossed you get your cars before the factory closes in August. When dealers are invoiced PCGB will amend the invoice, any amendments we will just show the difference as a negative figure so the price remains.
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

Craig Porter wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:57 pm This will only affect orders taken from today (15th) onwards or up until 22MY, so fingers crossed you get your cars before the factory closes in August. When dealers are invoiced PCGB will amend the invoice, any amendments we will just show the difference as a negative figure so the price remains.
Thanks Craig, that's really helpful but, for clarity, can you please confirm whether that is applicable to all UK OPCs or are you describing what will happen in your group only?
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.