Which dealer to order from...

All your ordering information here!
TimB

Post by TimB »

Any recommendations for which dealer to order from?

My closest it Portsmouth, but given the price is fixed wherever you get it from (or is it...?), are there any better dealerships to order from?

Perhaps shorter lead time, better service.. etc etc

Thanks
Macan S on order (17/11/21, no build slot - estimated May 2022)

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNTQDE40

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

TimB wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:10 pm Any recommendations for which dealer to order from?

My closest it Portsmouth, but given the price is fixed wherever you get it from (or is it...?), are there any better dealerships to order from?

Perhaps shorter lead time, better service.. etc etc

Thanks
Worth giving Mid Sussex ( Haywards Heath ) a go. Been pretty good so far. I’ve not got the car yet though so can’t vouch for after sales.

Are you Southampton side or Chichester side ( or up towards Winchester possibly)?
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

As your deposit is refundable in full you can always place a deposit with more than one OPC.

First to offer you a build slot mins the order.

Meanwhile the very, very hard part is using the Confuserator to produce a build that you will stick with.

Then tell via eMail each SE that you have a Configuration code and will advise them of said code when you are offered a confirmed build slot, and not before.

Buyers do get second thoughts and drop out of ordering hence an early build slot can become available.

I did just this and was actually offered two builds before I was ready, I advised one of the members here of my intention to pull out and he rang the SE and got the build despite him not have a deposit with that OPC.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
TimB

Post by TimB »

We're based between Portsmouth and Southampton, near Hamble.

Also regularly up near the Tonbridge dealer... so a few options.

TimB

Post by TimB »

Col Lamb wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:21 pm As your deposit is refundable in full you can always place a deposit with more than one OPC.

First to offer you a build slot mins the order.

Meanwhile the very, very hard part is using the Confuserator to produce a build that you will stick with.

Then tell via eMail each SE that you have a Configuration code and will advise them of said code when you are offered a confirmed build slot, and not before.

Buyers do get second thoughts and drop out of ordering hence an early build slot can become available.

I did just this and was actually offered two builds before I was ready, I advised one of the members here of my intention to pull out and he rang the SE and got the build despite him not have a deposit with that OPC.
Thats good to know... so there's no penalty for pulling out and you get 100% refund of deposit?

Whats the reasoning for not sharing the config code till the slot is confirmed?

AllanG

Post by AllanG »

Whilst I didn’t buy my used Macan from Portsmouth, as I live in Warsash, I have been using them for my service/warranty work, and can certainly recommend them.
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
pmg

Post by pmg »

Bournemouth and Portsmouth OPC's are both owned by Inchcape, Mid Sussex by Sytner. I bought from Mid Sussex as in December 2018 they were 1st to respond with a build slot but have had servicing done by Portsmouth for convenience as nearer and they also offered a better winter wheelset deal. Been very happy with Portsmouth
Last edited by pmg on Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
TimL

Post by TimL »

+1 for Portsmouth. Very good service and they do take care of existing customers on repeat business. My Gen2 order was via Coast 2 Coast Cars using Portsmouth as the OPC dealer. C2C no longer have a relationship with Portsmouth, AFAIK they use East London these days. Last time I looked they were able to offer 1% discount. Gordon at Coast 2 Coast Cars is great to deal with. I have had 4 BMWs and my current Gen 2 Macan through him.
2023 718 Cayman GTS 4.0 (Porsche Code PRZ7RJN9)
Sold: 2023 Macan S Gentian Blue (Porsche Code PP6NHQK0)
Sold: 2021 Macan S Volcano Grey (Porsche Code PL2HKD85)
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

AllanG wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:58 pm Whilst I didn’t buy my used Macan from Portsmouth, as I live in Warsash, I have been using them for my service/warranty work, and can certainly recommend them.
Good to hear. I must be within a mile or two of you (LH).
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

TimB wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:10 pm
Worth giving Mid Sussex ( Haywards Heath ) a go. Been pretty good so far.
Can you expand upon this quote!! In what ways has it been good so far?
Genuine question
Macan GTS collected 01/092022 - PN4IVH48

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Previous - 991.1 TTS met an untimely and sad end.
Previous - 2008 997 Turbo traded for TurboS
Previous - 2003 986 BoxsterS Sold due to needing a 3rd seat :D