PASM + AIR or just PASM

All your ordering information here!
TimB

Post by TimB »

Is the PASM + AIR upgrade worth it over the standard PASM on a Macan S on 20inch wheels?

Only just realised the config upgrade is just + AIR and PASM Is a standard feature.
Macan S on order (17/11/21, no build slot - estimated May 2022)

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNTQDE40

AllanG

Post by AllanG »

I’ve just got PASM with 20” wheels, and I find it fine, though I haven’t driven one with Air+PASM.
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

TimB wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:40 pm Is the PASM + AIR upgrade worth it over the standard PASM on a Macan S on 20inch wheels?

Only just realised the config upgrade is just + AIR and PASM Is a standard feature.
This is going to start another bun fight.

I’ve not specced air ( PASM is standard as you say ). I tried air and it gave me motion sickness, others have reported the same. Many more have been ok with it though. So you really need to try it for yourself.

Personally i like to feel feedback from the road, so that wafting feel isn’t for me.
TimB

Post by TimB »

The test drive car had + AIR and it did waft along abit... but haven't driven one without it so hard to compare
Macan S on order (17/11/21, no build slot - estimated May 2022)

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNTQDE40
Toddie

Post by Toddie »

I have air & PASM on 21" on an S and love it. I had a GTS without air but with PASM on 21" for about 12 weeks and it was too hard for my tastes. There I've said it but there are plenty on here who will disagree!
2017 Macan S, Carrara White Metallic, Agate Grey Leather, 21” 911 Turbo Design wheels.
Deleted User 4436

Toddie wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:06 pm I have air & PASM on 21" on an S and love it. I had a GTS without air but with PASM on 21" for about 12 weeks and it was too hard for my tastes. There I've said it but there are plenty on here who will disagree!
Worth bearing in mind the GTS rides more firmly than the S though.
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:46 pm
Toddie wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:06 pm I have air & PASM on 21" on an S and love it. I had a GTS without air but with PASM on 21" for about 12 weeks and it was too hard for my tastes. There I've said it but there are plenty on here who will disagree!
Turn the PASM up to 2 lights with air and it’s also very firm and tight and that’s before you drop the car(if you want to). Personally I really rate air and would spec it again if I ordered a second gen3. I feel I can get the Range Rover silky drive in one direction and a tighter race focused drive in the other direction by pressing the button.

As omni said it made him feel ill which I don’t get at all - so all options are dependent on the person buying.
Deleted User 4436

BanZ wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:49 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:46 pm
Turn the PASM up to 2 lights with air and it’s also very firm and tight and that’s before you drop the car(if you want to). Personally I really rate air and would spec it again if I ordered a second gen3. I feel I can get the Range Rover silky drive in one direction and a tighter race focused drive in the other direction by pressing the button.

As omni said it made him feel ill which I don’t get at all - so all options are dependent on the person buying.
I should have prefaced my comments with “ I have only driven demo cars on air “. Those that have owned a car with air will have a better view than I have. Either way I’ve not ordered it so hopefully I’ll be happy without it. I would certainly be worried with it. I really don’t like the Range Rover waft.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I have 18 inch wheels and air, so potentially as soft as you can get. However I just don't recognise the "waft" effect! Whether that's because it's set to ride "low" I couldn't say, going to the Lakes this weekend so I'll "ride high" and see if anything changes or if we get travel sick 😉.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Deleted User 4436

Neil1911 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:30 pm I have 18 inch wheels and air, so potentially as soft as you can get. However I just don't recognise the "waft" effect! Whether that's because it's set to ride "low" I couldn't say, going to the Lakes this weekend so I'll "ride high" and see if anything changes or if we get travel sick 😉.
Like I’ve said before, i get motion sickness watching my son play video games, so I suspect the issue is more me than the car.