Carmine Red
7%
Miami Blue
6%

Total votes: 243

Smokey99

Post by Smokey99 »

Afternoon folks,

Finally got the call about my build date which was slightly earlier than expected (Mid Feb) so now under pressure to reconfirm my final spec after submitting my provisional combo of Gentian blue with Neodyme wheels. Has anyone else been brave enough for these wheels or even seen them in the flesh?

If anyone is interested the Porsche Code was : PNWVMAN1

On that basis I feel like I'm down to my last 6 options :D ....and was curious to understand the range of actual colour choices for new Gen 3 buyers.

Most seem to be going for quite safe choices but maybe I've missed a load of Papaya buyers keeping their heads down?

I did use the search function but there doesn't seem to be much specific chat about colour choice purely for the new car. Apologies if I've missed it.

Most likely options are Gentian or Crayon but I do really like Carmine with the black accents but wife has said "no, they're unlucky, you can't have a red car" :roll:

Otherwise I know its a personal choice but its just a bit of 'fun'.

Cheers

Chris

P.S. The Poll is limited to 10 options so have dropped Mahogany and combined the solid white and black options.
Macan S - Crayon Grey with lots of stuff

Your Porsche Code http://www.porsche-code.com/PNTSSA35

Previous: Audi S4 Avant; Octavia VRS Estate and many other hot hatches

Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Carmine is ok if you want to look like you work for the local fire department. I think Gentian looks fantastic.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:56 pm Carmine is ok if you want to look like you work for the local fire department. I think Gentian looks fantastic.
I was dead set on Carmine after seeing it in the showroom. Then I saw a Carmine Macan in the car park and it just looked like a flat red and a little dull (probably because it wasn’t polished).
Then went for Gentian until I took the dogs for a walk and spotted no less than seven SUV,s in the neighbourhood all in essentially the same metallic dark blue!
Settled on crayon in the end as at least a little unusual and fairly specific to Porsche although I’m sure there are other cars in a similar shade.
All in the eye of the beholder of course…
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

I've ordered Gentian but would seriously consider Papaya if Mrs Chimes were not so hostile to it. That said, she and my daughters also pushed me to have the black interior rather than Navajo Beige, but at least I got to specify red searbelts and Dark Walnut trim.

Maybe I need to man up a bit!
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

Jon A wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:03 pm
OmniCognateSnr wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 1:56 pm Carmine is ok if you want to look like you work for the local fire department. I think Gentian looks fantastic.
I was dead set on Carmine after seeing it in the showroom. Then I saw a Carmine Macan in the car park and it just looked like a flat red and a little dull (probably because it wasn’t polished).
Then went for Gentian until I took the dogs for a walk and spotted no less than seven SUV,s in the neighbourhood all in essentially the same metallic dark blue!
Settled on crayon in the end as at least a little unusual and fairly specific to Porsche although I’m sure there are other cars in a similar shade.
Carmine looks fantastic after a good detailing, really pops. Otherwise as you say its a bit dull.

Nardo (very similar to Crayon) is, ahem, an Audi heritage colour..... So as the Macan is an Audi its perfectly acceptable to be used.
Ftb

Post by Ftb »

For me has to be white I know this is Controversial
But as I have Learnt on this forum it’s all down to individual choice hopefully Macan S was on the boat that arrived at Grimsby yesterday or the one that’s gonna be there tomorrow here’s hoping
mark-yorkshire

Post by mark-yorkshire »

Ftb wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:10 pm For me has to be white I know this is Controversial
But as I have Learnt on this forum it’s all down to individual choice hopefully Macan S was on the boat that arrived at Grimsby yesterday or the one that’s gonna be there tomorrow here’s hoping
White does look good with black gloss accents and 21” Spyders or Turbos.
2021. Macan 2.0 Gentian. 12/21
2019. 718 Boxster T Carrara white.
2018. Macan SD Volcano.
2005. 987.1 Boxster S. Black.
2015 . Macan SD . Agate grey.
2014. Macan SD . Jet black.
2012. 981 Boxster PDK . Agate.
2010. 987.2 Cayman PDK. Aqua.
Deleted User 4436

Jon A wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:03 pm
I really disliked Crayon until I saw one in the flesh and drove it and it looks really nice in real life. The confuserator really doesn’t do it justice. Excellent choice.
Smokey99

Post by Smokey99 »

mark-yorkshire wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:33 pm
Ftb wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:10 pm For me has to be white I know this is Controversial
White does look good with black gloss accents and 21” Spyders or Turbos.
Funnily enough I had completely discounted it but had a sneeky peek in the configurator and I'm with you there it looks great with the contrast between the black wheels/accents.

Unfortunately the current car (S4 Avant) and previous car (Octavia VRS) were both white so really need a change after 7 years of the same colour.
Macan S - Crayon Grey with lots of stuff

Your Porsche Code http://www.porsche-code.com/PNTSSA35

Previous: Audi S4 Avant; Octavia VRS Estate and many other hot hatches
Deleted User 4436

🤞🤞