Comfort access

All your ordering information here!
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:03 pm
RAA wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:45 pm
Nelladrahcir wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:58 pm Sorry folks but this was just posted on my neighbourhood chat. Seems a Friday bag might not even work now???
STOLEN MERCEDES CONVERTIBLE. My next door neighbours car was stolen in the early hours of Tuesday 16th Nov. It took them exactly 4 mins between 03:02 & 03:06hrs. The act was captured on my cctv although facial identification is difficult as they were both wearing face coverings.

They were both white males, one dressed in a black jacket with a hood with possible white flashing on the right shoulder, dark jeans & black shoes. The other wearing jeans and a cream/light beige hoodie carrying a black rucksack on his front.

This male removed some kind of transmitter/receiver from his bag & walked around the car. Eventually having gained entry, the dark clothed male drove the car away. If you have keyless ignition on your car, it matters not if you keep your keys in a fully encased security pouch in the house, these ‘pond life’ have the tech to circumvent it.
PURCHASE A QUALITY STEERING WHEEL LOCK which will at least make their job more difficult.

There have been 4 Mercs taken from around here this week!!!
Thanks for that Richard ! I understand from Porsche that, even if the wireless signal is captured, the frequency of the signal changes and the thief won't gain access. Also heard that the Porsche keyfob stops transmitting a signal when it is there is no movement. What I used to do, is to remove the battery and hide the battery and keyfob in two different places.
My Dad used to own a Morris dealership and his anti-theft device was to remove the rotor arms of all the forecourt cars. Is the distributor cap on the 2.9 easy to get to ?
🤣🤣🤣

Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

I was thinking og getting a mannequin off eBay, dress it in jeans and a hoody and hang it from a gibbet in the front garden as a warning???

Or Claymores?

Thoughts?
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:31 pm I was thinking og getting a mannequin off eBay, dress it in jeans and a hoody and hang it from a gibbet in the front garden as a warning???

Or Claymores?

Thoughts?
I have found Claymores to be effective in the past but the slight downside is the scraping up of body parts from the drive..
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
pmg

Post by pmg »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 6:58 pm Sorry folks but this was just posted on my neighbourhood chat. Seems a Friday bag might not even work now???
STOLEN MERCEDES CONVERTIBLE. My next door neighbours car was stolen in the early hours of Tuesday 16th Nov. It took them exactly 4 mins between 03:02 & 03:06hrs. The act was captured on my cctv although facial identification is difficult as they were both wearing face coverings.

They were both white males, one dressed in a black jacket with a hood with possible white flashing on the right shoulder, dark jeans & black shoes. The other wearing jeans and a cream/light beige hoodie carrying a black rucksack on his front.

This male removed some kind of transmitter/receiver from his bag & walked around the car. Eventually having gained entry, the dark clothed male drove the car away. If you have keyless ignition on your car, it matters not if you keep your keys in a fully encased security pouch in the house, these ‘pond life’ have the tech to circumvent it.
PURCHASE A QUALITY STEERING WHEEL LOCK which will at least make their job more difficult.

There have been 4 Mercs taken from around here this week!!!
Thanks for that Richard ! I understand from Porsche that, even if the wireless signal is captured, the frequency of the signal changes and the thief won't gain access. Also heard that the Porsche keyfob stops transmitting a signal when it is there is no movement. What I used to do, is to remove the battery and hide the battery and keyfob in two different places.
My Dad used to own a Morris dealership and his anti-theft device was to remove the rotor arms of all the forecourt cars. Is the distributor cap on the 2.9 easy to get to ?
There is a big (about 8 by 6 by 2inches) aluminium box at the rear left-hand side of the engine compartment that I believe may control the distribution of fuel to the injectors. It is a bit bigger than a rotor arm and too big for most pockets but easily carried in a bag. I am not aware of how easy it is to actually remove and restore it but some very careful labelling of leads would be needed. :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

pmg wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:47 pm

There is a big (about 8 by 6 by 2inches) aluminium box at the rear left-hand side of the engine compartment that I believe may control the distribution of fuel to the injectors. It is a bit bigger than a rotor arm and too big for most pockets but easily carried in a bag. I am not aware of how easy it is to actually remove and restore it but some very careful labelling of leads would be needed. :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
The other trick he used on the cars he kept and drove was to fit a switch on the low tension lead, a bit cleaner and quicker than removing the rotor.

I've never seen the VAG 2.9 V6 and Google is hopeless. Is the distributor at the front, rear or side of the engine. ?
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
Deleted User 4436

Post by Deleted User 4436 »

Jon A wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:35 pm
Nelladrahcir wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:31 pm I was thinking og getting a mannequin off eBay, dress it in jeans and a hoody and hang it from a gibbet in the front garden as a warning???

Or Claymores?

Thoughts?
I have found Claymores to be effective in the past but the slight downside is the scraping up of body parts from the drive..
A man after my own heart.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:03 pm
pmg wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 1:47 pm

The other trick he used on the cars he kept and drove was to fit a switch on the low tension lead, a bit cleaner and quicker than removing the rotor.

I've never seen the VAG 2.9 V6 and Google is hopeless. Is the distributor at the front, rear or side of the engine. ?
I do not think it has a distributor , very old fashioned. I think the box I referred to does the engine management job,

"Many modern cars have no distributor at all. The ignition is triggered by toothed timing wheels spinning with the crankshaft, which is much more accurate than points. Then there are individual coils for each cylinder, fired by the engine management computer."

Here is picture of the typical engine bay for post 2019 MY V6'S

https://cdn.carbuzz.com/gallery-images/ ... 513307.jpg
Deleted User 4325

Post by Deleted User 4325 »

Fuse box in boot

Fuse carrier A
1 Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) compressor relay 40
2 Plug socket relay 50
3 Ignition supply path 40

looking at a couple of fuse diagrams on the web, the third fuse on the left hand column in the boot is for the Ignition supply path. That would need checking but might do it?
pmg

Post by pmg »

Nelladrahcir wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:55 pm Fuse box in boot

Fuse carrier A
1 Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) compressor relay 40
2 Plug socket relay 50
3 Ignition supply path 40

looking at a couple of fuse diagrams on the web, the third fuse on the left hand column in the boot is for the Ignition supply path. That would need checking but might do it?
I like it comfort access users rather than carrying and putting a key in to get the car moving, carry a fuse instead and put that in but have to go to boot as well as driver's seat every time they use the car :lol: :lol: :lol:
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Deleted User 4436 wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:03 pm
Lanmate wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:59 pm I have my keys in a faraday pouch, and at home put the pouches inside a faraday box too.

The pouches I recently found out are useless, I thought the car was already unlocked so went for the handle, then it unlocked. All with the key in the faraday pouch in my pocket.

I'll be looking forward to not faffing around with this in the Macan having not spec'd Comfort Access, but having had a car stolen (not with Keyless however), I really, _really_ don't want another one to be. I also have a DiskLok.
Based on feedback on this forum I shall be ordering a disklok when I know when my car is going to arrive. Anyone know the correct size to buy?
Did you get a Disklok in the end?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4