Macan S ordered

All your ordering information here!
samandrew

Post by samandrew »

Hi all, new to the forum.

I just put a deposit down on a Macan S. I've been dithering over the configurator for about a month and got stung with the price rise this week :| We have a 2nd child on the way and just had the 12 week scan, so I'd been waiting to make sure there were no surprises such as twins (:shock:), and thankfully just the 1 and all ok.

My head was saying get the 2.0L, as the roads are so full of traffic, the extra performance won't get used that often.
My heart wants the GTS
My wallet says get a Skoda because nursery fees are astronomical
So I've settled on the S :)

The provisional spec:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNYGA3D1

The sports seats weren't on my radar at all until I sat in them last week at the dealer. I did have the basic black leather ticked, but the sports seats come in leather anyway, so £1100 for just the dash and door pulls (never going to notice the centre console storage lid) has gone in favour of the panoramic roof.

The casualty of the price rise is currently the metallic paint; I'd quite like to go for Papaya Metallic. What do you think? is it criminal to go with the basic black or white? I could sacrifice the Sports Chrono or panoramic roof.

I should probably spec the rear airbags for the kids, but they'll be in car seats for the foreseeable future, which offer additional protection.

If the funds allowed, I would like to have added the sports exhaust system, privacy glass and auto dimming mirrors.

On my current car I have a heated steering wheel, keyless entry, lane keep assist and speed limit indicator, but I can live without those.

Hope the car arrives before the baby does, we'll see!.

Cheers
Sam
Previous Porsches - 944, 928, 986, 981
Macan S on order

Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. Having looked at your spec I would personally ditch the sports chrono and the air. You can put the car into manual mode and get a similar effect to Sports Plus and the PASM dampers have a sports plus mode anyway.

Other forum members here have said the standard black shows up swirl marks really easily.

I’ve opted for the Sports Exhaust but it is a lot of money and many others on here don’t see value in it. To me it’s worth the money. I’m currently in a Gen 3 base loan car and it has Adaptive cruise control on it. I am finding it fiddly to use and irritating…. I have specced it on my S but with the benefit of hindsight not so sure now.

I would get metallic paint and get the sports exhaust if it were me.

James
samandrew

Post by samandrew »

mistercesq wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:59 pm Hi,

Welcome to the forum. Having looked at your spec I would personally ditch the sports chrono and the air. You can put the car into manual mode and get a similar effect to Sports Plus and the PASM dampers have a sports plus mode anyway.

Other forum members here have said the standard black shows up swirl marks really easily.

I’ve opted for the Sports Exhaust but it is a lot of money and many others on here don’t see value in it. To me it’s worth the money. I’m currently in a Gen 3 base loan car and it has Adaptive cruise control on it. I am finding it fiddly to use and irritating…. I have specced it on my S but with the benefit of hindsight not so sure now.

I would get metallic paint and get the sports exhaust if it were me.

James
Thanks, interesting, the ACC was one of the things I was fairly set on as I do a fair few slogs up the M1 at busy times, I was very impressed with the BMW system when I borrowed a car for work, but now I'm questiong it.... I had to go read some reviews on the Porsche system and it seems mostly positive.

I could drop the panoramic roof and air suspension and add metalic paint (although it seems papaya not doing well in the poll on the forum at the moment!) and the exhaust. I've only test driven a car with air suspension and I was very imprseed with the body control when having some fun. It's hard to decide without a comparision with a PASM only car :|

I didn't realise you get sport plus as standard with the PASM; I thought you only got that once you added the air suspension or sports chrono (maybe that used to be the case with previous generatrions)

In the configurator, for Sports Chrono it says: SPORT PLUS mode with performance-oriented settings for engine, transmission and chassis
My assumption is if you don't have this, the sports plus only impacts the PASM.

More thinking to do.
Previous Porsches - 944, 928, 986, 981
Macan S on order
New User

Post by New User »

There is Sport Plus on the Engine/Transmission that you get with Sport Chrono which is separate from Sport Plus on Suspension that you get with PASM. I had a test drive with SportChrono on an S and didnt spec it.

I would ditch it for Met Paint. Apart from that it is a well rounded spec.
Percymon

Post by Percymon »

I’d drop the air, and go with papaya, will look fab with the dark wheels.
AndrewWatson

Post by AndrewWatson »

As a future Papaya owner in few weeks in Australia it'll look just great. If you go black or grey you'll just blend in to all the other cars on the road. It's always good to be that one in the crowd that's a bit different.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

With it being black and having the roof, I think I’d want privacy glass too to try and help keep it as cool as possible.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

I’m a big advocate for air since getting my gen3 S with air. It gives you such a good ride and a lot of variability as you go through the PASM modes depending on your mood/preference. It also gives the option to change the ride height. Lastly it gives the option to lower the rear end for easy boot loading - this is completely pointless in my opinion! Lowering the whole car does make it easier for cleaning the roof though :)
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

AndrewWatson wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:50 am As a future Papaya owner in few weeks in Australia it'll look just great. If you go black or grey you'll just blend in to all the other cars on the road. It's always good to be that one in the crowd that's a bit different.
That’s why I went for Miami. Every day when I take my son to school there is a sea of grey Range Rovers and it makes me feel a bit depressed.
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

mistercesq wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:11 am
AndrewWatson wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:50 am As a future Papaya owner in few weeks in Australia it'll look just great. If you go black or grey you'll just blend in to all the other cars on the road. It's always good to be that one in the crowd that's a bit different.
That’s why I went for Miami. Every day when I take my son to school there is a sea of grey Range Rovers and it makes me feel a bit depressed.
Posh school is it !? 😉😂
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S