Macan S ordered

All your ordering information here!
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

mistercesq wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:33 am
Tracky wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:21 am
mistercesq wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:11 am

That’s why I went for Miami. Every day when I take my son to school there is a sea of grey Range Rovers and it makes me feel a bit depressed.
Posh school is it !? 😉😂
Yes but I just like the thought of how disgusted the other parents will be by Miami blue.
I pay for one of my grandkids to go to private school (yes I’m only 46!) and the Mrs took the dog car the other day (which is still a lovely car) and some of the parents looked down on here - she just about resisted saying “you do know my other car is a Porsche don’t you!”
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S

Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

mistercesq wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:11 am

That’s why I went for Miami. Every day when I take my son to school there is a sea of grey Range Rovers and it makes me feel a bit depressed.
Posh school is it !? 😉😂
Yes but I just like the thought of how disgusted the other parents will be by Miami blue.
Of course, Tubs. :D
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

Tracky wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:33 am

Posh school is it !? 😉😂
I pay for one of my grandkids to go to private school (yes I’m only 46!) and the Mrs took the dog car the other day (which is still a lovely car) and some of the parents looked down on here - she just about resisted saying “you do know my other car is a Porsche don’t you!”
They are all identikit at my sons school. The men wear red trousers, brogues, checked shirts and Schoffel gilets (and are usually portly and trying to hide the fact they are balding) They can only talk about work and how important their job is. The women are all blonde, all wear Le Chameau wellies and field coats or some sort of horse riding attire. Then you MUST have monotone full fat Range Rover which MUST be driven badly.

To be fair its a constant source of amusement. One of the best comments recently was a group of mothers had a coffee morning and another lady (who owns a large online fashion business and is looked up to) was invited and she said 'why would I want to go to that, I already have enough friends' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

We make absolutely no effort to blend in.
samandrew

Post by samandrew »

pmg wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:29 am
mistercesq wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:19 am
pmg wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:10 am Like seats, suspensions and SC are best decided by driving different cars an adequate distance on different roads as they are personal choices. Go and do that and ignore all the comments in this thread. ;) ;) ;)
But he started the thread asking for peoples opinions on his spec ;)
Right I will give mine then.

SC is very useful due to the steering wheel mode switch and individual setting even if you never get as far as sports plus.

There is a reason they now fit air as standard to GTS. yes just PASM give the stiffness variation but air means in the stiffer settings the ride Is still of a high standard and increases the ability to press on whilst driving the sort of road surfaces we have in the UK
It's a bit like going on holiday, you always think how nice it would be to live in XYZ all year long, but in reality it's only nice because the sun in shining and you're not working. It's the same with test drives, it's easy to talk yourself into some of the options, but other opinions can make you see sense.

Personally I'm quite set on the air suspension because of the test drive, but then I haven't driven one without. I haven't tried the sports chrono on the current gen car with the 2.9 engine. I'll speak to the dealer and see what they can do, but I don't think they've got much available to test at the moment.
Previous Porsches - 944, 928, 986, 981
Macan S on order
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

mistercesq wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:41 am

They are all identikit at my sons school. The men wear red trousers, brogues, checked shirts and Schoffel gilets (and are usually portly and trying to hide the fact they are balding) They can only talk about work and how important their job is. The women are all blonde, all wear Le Chameau wellies and field coats or some sort of horse riding attire. Then you MUST have monotone full fat Range Rover which MUST be driven badly.

To be fair its a constant source of amusement. One of the best comments recently was a group of mothers had a coffee morning and another lady (who owns a large online fashion business and is looked up to) was invited and she said 'why would I want to go to that, I already have enough friends' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I’ve not been yet but other than chatting up all the blondes in their range rovers at ours, I won’t be making any effort either
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
hood69

Post by hood69 »

Is Schoffel the posh equivalent of Stone Island or Moncler?
Zadkiel

Post by Zadkiel »

[/quote]

[/quote]

😁 for country shooting attire, next up the expense chain is Musto, then Laksen for the nouveau riche.
Old money wears tatty Barbour - the more ‘lived in’ and torn and repaired the better.
Macan S arrived May’22.
Met. Black, Burmester, Bordeaux ext. leather
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNKMKWC6
pmg

Post by pmg »

hood69 wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:00 pm

the German equivalent of Barber
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

Zadkiel wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:16 pm
[/quote]

😁 for country shooting attire, next up the expense chain is Musto, then Laksen for the nouveau riche.
Old money wears tatty Barbour - the more ‘lived in’ and torn and repaired the better.
[/quote]

Schoffel is the gilet of choice in the Cotswolds. Although there are very few country old money types round here. The ones that do have money drive old defenders or pick ups. It’s the Londoners who moved out of the city during Covid that are playing at being country folk.

No one would actually dress like them….
hood69

Post by hood69 »

mistercesq wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 5:52 pm
Zadkiel wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:16 pm
[/quote]

Schoffel is the gilet of choice in the Cotswolds. Although there are very few country old money types round here. The ones that do have money drive old defenders or pick ups. It’s the Londoners who moved out of the city during Covid that are playing at being country folk.

No one would actually dress like them….
[/quote]

Lol
That's good and new info for me.
I always thought if old money was to buy a Macan(which it wouldn't ) it would definitely go with Night Blue and then ruin it with some sort of brown interior.
Obligatory Golden Retriever in the back called Basil.