Gen3 GTS Spec & Thoughts Please?

All your ordering information here!
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

So the time has come to finalise with a lock date of 1/12.

Pretty settled with 95% of it and 99.9% on colour (you can see where this is going) so that’s set.

An observation is that my Gen2 came with a compressor and no sealant but now on the options list there is a option for sealant and compressor and of course the spare wheel. Is the answer staring my in the face here?

Thoughts on PCSB for the £581? Weighing up the cost on performance, black calliper and wheel cleaning (cleaned fortnightly) with the reduction of brake dust.

PDLS Plus for £320? How comparable are these to the Range Rover lights? Laser are they called?

Thanks and of course the code…

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNXK8CW4

hood69

Post by hood69 »

Superb
Not sure why it says deletion of carbon exterior bits to be replaced by gloss black when there isn't any carbon exterior bits.
I'm a big advocate of the standard stereo but on a high spec car like that I'd consider putting it on as could be a deal breaker for some on resale
Could ditch PDLS plus(most on here don't rate it and the carbon on steering wheel and leave it racetex.
I'm jealous you have the balls to go with this.
I was surprised they didn't allow the Python package with Red, Papaya or Gentian.
Especially the red and papaya as it would have went well imo.
Tyrrell

Post by Tyrrell »

Very similar to my spec 👍 the black callipers are a must with the green ties in with the rest of the car including your black door handles, you could ditch the carbon fibre steering wheel and go for the normal race tex green stitch heated steering wheel and save over 400 quid.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPYDQZL5
718 Spyder PTS arriving March 2023.
andreas

Post by andreas »

I couldn't spend that much on a car and not have Surround View!
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Wow!! Love it!! 💚

On the PSCB, I wouldn’t bother, as the cost of replacement discs will be very much higher. Plus, Porsche obviously think the ‘standard’ brakes specced on the GTS are just fine.

I’ll now try and save you some cash! :o

In your shoes, I’d ditch:

* Pano roof
* Carbon trim on steering wheel
* Privacy glass
* Roof rails
* Upgraded headlights
* Reversing camera

You’re welcome! ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Partysausage

Post by Partysausage »

So….

Must emphasise I’ll not be doing loads of miles. Not on 7k yet in 18 months on my Gen2 so this alters things a little.

-Reversing camera a must (I always reverse park) but I rarely parallel park for example so can leave the surround off.

- Current sound is good enough for me. Quite often drive in sport when warm so happy with the exhaust noise as well.

- Steering wheel is carbon inlay only and is race-tex. spent the money to have it heated and so it’s the multifunctional wheel (stand to be corrected). Currently have all of this but not carbon so the heating and race-Rex becomes a necessity for me.

-Pan roof, love the light in the cabin and not drawn into the drainage issues.

- Privacy glass completes the look with the black accents.

- Roof rails again completes the look and ‘pulls’ the car back to complete the sporty look imo.

Cheers.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Cannot wait to see your car! :D
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Love it
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Nice spec apart from:-

No spare wheel

Only Rev Cam, Surround Cam is vastly superior. I have had both and would not go back to standard Rev Cam.

If you carry kids in the rear then consider adding side airbags.

If you use cruise control then add ACC, standard cruise is not adaptive and does not include emergency brake assist
LEDS and PDLS+ are superb.

Heated steering wheel for me is great and I use it more than the heated seats.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
MrBaozi

Post by MrBaozi »

You're gonna love the Python green. Looks even better in real life. I'd ditch the front and rear seat heating. Heated front seats are standard. Unless you're a chauffeur I don't see the need for the rear. Have them on my current car and they've never been turned on as I have child seats in the back.