Last Minute Stop Sale for Headlight Component

All your ordering information here!
Websteri

Post by Websteri »

Hi All. So, a couple of hours before I was due to take delivery of my new Gen 3 this afternoon, my Porsche Centre called me and said they've had to put it on Stop Sale because of a wrong headlight component being fitted. Apparently if I'd taken delivery yesterday (before the Stop Sale) it would have been a simple recall job. To be fair, not the local centre's fault. They were super-apologetic, to the point of being embarrassed, and they're lending me a demonstrator until the part arrives (part ETA unknown), but apparently over 600 chasis are affected. Not sure if these are all all Macan's or if the components are common across other models. Trying to stay positive but now wondering what colour the demonstrator will be when it arrives later this afternoon :-)

Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

Websteri wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:41 pm Hi All. So, a couple of hours before I was due to take delivery of my new Gen 3 this afternoon, my Porsche Centre called me and said they've had to put it on Stop Sale because of a wrong headlight component being fitted. Apparently if I'd taken delivery yesterday (before the Stop Sale) it would have been a simple recall job. To be fair, not the local centre's fault. They were super-apologetic, to the point of being embarrassed, and they're lending me a demonstrator until the part arrives (part ETA unknown), but apparently over 600 chasis are affected. Not sure if these are all all Macan's or if the components are common across other models. Trying to stay positive but now wondering what colour the demonstrator will be when it arrives later this afternoon :-)
Mine was affected but it’s already fixed. I think the part came next day.
Ftb

Post by Ftb »

That’s really bad news for you
I was supposed to pick my Macan S up on Wednesday
Can you tell me where you’re based please
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Websteri wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 12:41 pm Hi All. So, a couple of hours before I was due to take delivery of my new Gen 3 this afternoon, my Porsche Centre called me and said they've had to put it on Stop Sale because of a wrong headlight component being fitted. Apparently if I'd taken delivery yesterday (before the Stop Sale) it would have been a simple recall job. To be fair, not the local centre's fault. They were super-apologetic, to the point of being embarrassed, and they're lending me a demonstrator until the part arrives (part ETA unknown), but apparently over 600 chasis are affected. Not sure if these are all all Macan's or if the components are common across other models. Trying to stay positive but now wondering what colour the demonstrator will be when it arrives later this afternoon :-)
Fingers crossed for a Racing Yellow 911 Turbo S for you! :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Websteri

Post by Websteri »

Thanks, everyone. I live I hope for an early fix and, of course, a Racing Yellow 911 Turbo S for the weekend, but we'll see.

@FTB - I'm based in Cheshire in the North West.
Ftb

Post by Ftb »

Ouch I’m south lakes
Hopefully won’t happen to me on Wednesday
Thanks for update
Alfie01

Post by Alfie01 »

My S has been built and is being held due to the same thing, Any ideas when this issue will be resolved?
Websteri

Post by Websteri »

No idea, I'm afraid, @Alfie01. Shipping a part from Germany is obviously going to be quicker than waiting for some to be made in the Far East, but who knows. Will post on here once I have a definitive date. If we're all running around in the centres' demonstrators I guess they're incentivised to get things sorted ASAP.
davlewis

Post by davlewis »

Surely someone could shed some light on the issue :D ........ mine is due to be built today, so it will be interesting to see if mine get's hit with any delays.
- Macan Volcano Grey / Bordeaux Red Interior
- First time Porsche Owner
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

Will be interesting to know if there will be recalls for those of us who have already taken delivery?