Last Minute Stop Sale for Headlight Component

All your ordering information here!
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

A couple of us have had this issue it’s a quick fix and nothing to worry about.

BanZ

Post by BanZ »

mistercesq wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:22 pm A couple of us have had this issue it’s a quick fix and nothing to worry about.
Did your OPC contact you about this or did you reach out to them?
Websteri

Post by Websteri »

OPC contacted me - less than two hours before I was due to take delivery.
Deleted User 4439

Post by Deleted User 4439 »

BanZ wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:36 pm
mistercesq wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:22 pm A couple of us have had this issue it’s a quick fix and nothing to worry about.
Did your OPC contact you about this or did you reach out to them?
I asked for an update and they said there was a recall on the headlights that has now been fixed. Car arrived in Sheerness last Thursday so it hasn’t delayed anything.
Wil

Post by Wil »

Mine had the same thing, although I did get a couple of days notice not a couple of hours.
The required part arrived in a couple of days so it wasn’t the end of the world.
bt19

Post by bt19 »

Websteri wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 2:48 pm OPC contacted me - less than two hours before I was due to take delivery.
Any updates Websteri?
|Current Status: patiently waiting for Gen III Macan S to arrive...|
Websteri

Post by Websteri »

Radio silence from the OPC I’m afraid. I’m running around in one of their demonstrators so I’m sure they’ll get it sorted as soon as they can. Will update here when I hear more. Has anyone else had this issue and had it fixed, yet?
Websteri

Post by Websteri »

Quick update... so aparently the part for the headlight arrived last week, but now it seems there's another Stop Sale campaign on the car, this time for the Bose amp unit (which is a problem I've seen elsewhere on other cars on this forum). That Bose part is not due to land at the dealership until next week, putting collection back further. I've still got one of the OPC's demonstrators and I'm confident after the various conversations we've had that they're now doing all they can, but frustrating nonetheless. The sales manager told me all he was doing at the moment was giving bad news to people.
DiverNick

Post by DiverNick »

My build slot is Feb'22, so I hope the supply has improved by then as I both these options included!
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Websteri, which OPC has both got demonstrators AND been generous enough to loan you one? 🙏 it's within reach of me!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP