Lovely new Macan S ordered, yes !!

All your ordering information here!
PowerMalc

Post by PowerMalc »

Makanik wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:09 am75l tank
Thanks but for us a 65l tank will be enough
https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PPHDBG45
Macan S ordered 14-1-22 Gentian, extended Mojave, Walnut, Air, sunroof, 14 way, ACC, LCA, keyfree, surround, spare, HFW, PS+, PDLS+, Heated wheel, rear airbags, autodim, vented seats

PowerMalc

Post by PowerMalc »

Wing Commander wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:06 am
PowerMalc wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:11 pm We have bitten the bullet and ordered a new Macan S on 14th Jan 2022
Joint purchase for the two of us and will probably be our last petrol car thinking that
I would hope to have a hydrogen car in 6 to 7 years, still not keen on a BEV.
Cambridge OPC have been very good and no problem getting extended test drives in base and S
Hopefully delivery late Q3

Our spec as below
Gentian Blue Metallic
Mojave beige and walnut trim
14 way seats which give leather
Spare wheel
Air suspension
Pan roof
Power steering +
Spare wheel
PDLS+
Auto dim mirrors
Surround view
LCA
ACC
Keyfree
Heated screen
Heated wheel
Ventilated seats
Rear side airbags

As you can see not interested in aesthetic fripperies !!

That for the valuable contributions from the experienced Macan owners on this forum, it has been very useful gathering information.

Congrats! :)

Two spare wheels? ;)

Some may consider walnut trim to be an aesthetic frippery! :P

I bought my current car through Cambridge OPC. They were very good and thorough. Which Sales Exec did you deal with?
Two spare wheels, yes. Don't you need one for the front and one for the rear, they are different size tyres :roll:

Walnut yes but it's free :D We think it goes well with the beige and I am always trying to get away from black.

My SE at Cambridge is George. Also I have had contact with Andy Matthews (Sales Manager) as I bought a Boxster S off him in 2017 although I subsequently aborted the sale.
R24 of the Porsche club have had several events there over the years which I have been to
Macan S ordered 14-1-22 Gentian, extended Mojave, Walnut, Air, sunroof, 14 way, ACC, LCA, keyfree, surround, spare, HFW, PS+, PDLS+, Heated wheel, rear airbags, autodim, vented seats
PowerMalc

Post by PowerMalc »

PorscheMack wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:09 am Wheel size increase and rear Privacy glass perhaps? Also what's the current build cost?
I would have smaller wheels if I could, we have the worst country roads in the country around here (Lincolnshire)

Not a fan of privacy glass, it makes the car 'two halves' and van like

Total cost ATM is £63413. plus OTR
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I believe the spare is literally a low speed get you home type of wheel and much much smaller than the original wheels. You’d only need one unless you get two punctures at the same time. I believe there is also only space for one under the boot lined area. That’s my belief anyway as someone who only has a Macan on order

I’m planning on carrying the foam and compressor as well which the configuration doesn’t let you order as well as the spare :shock:
Last edited by Skyway on Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macan S MY 2023
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Skyway wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:29 pm I believe the spare is literally a low speed get you home type of wheel and much much smaller than the original wheels. You’d only need one unless you get two punctures at the same time. I believe there is also only space for one under the boot lined area. That’s my belief anyway as someone who only has a Macan on order

I think PowerMalc is joking, and it was a typo. ;)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Wing Commander wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:32 pm
Skyway wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:29 pm I believe the spare is literally a low speed get you home type of wheel and much much smaller than the original wheels. You’d only need one unless you get two punctures at the same time. I believe there is also only space for one under the boot lined area. That’s my belief anyway as someone who only has a Macan on order

:D :D :D You never know on here
Macan S MY 2023
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Skyway wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:33 pm

:D :D :D You never know on here

True! :P
Simon

PowerMalc

Post by PowerMalc »

On-Track wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:28 am Given that you've chosen Mohave Beige for the seats and 14-way seats, you should be aware that the leather only relates to the seats. If you want leather anywhere else then to keep Mohave Beige your looking at the "extended leather" option. To my mind that makes the interior look like a £60k car but you might consider it aesthetic frippery.

If you'd posted your Porsche Code instead of listing the options you would have denied Simon the pleasure of pointing out the two spare wheels. :D
Yes thank you. I did check carefully before ordering. I am trying to get away from a black interior. In going for beige or pebble grey it adds approx £2400 to the build which we feel is too much. These two trims are not available on the the middle leather upgrade. We also have to have leather to get ventilated seats.
Am aware then we have no leather on the top of the dash and armrests

Porsche code is PNKT8RC9

Not sure how I add that in as a link?
PowerMalc

Post by PowerMalc »

Simon

Yes my typo and joke :lol:
Just trying to answer in the friendly banter way which is great to see on this forum :D

Malcolm
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

PowerMalc wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:54 pm

Simon

Yes my typo and joke :lol:
Just trying to answer in the friendly banter way which is great to see on this forum :D

Malcolm

Hi Malcolm,

Ha ha! Yes, this is indeed, in my view, an overwhelmingly friendly & helpful forum. :)

Am sure you’ll get lots more ‘help’ with your spec too. ;)

Cheers,
Simon