Thoughts on my Macan S spec and a few questions

All your ordering information here!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

I know that my car is lower than a Macan, but I’m really glad that forum members suggested that I add auto dimming mirrors to my Carrera T spec. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Paul1970

Post by Paul1970 »

For me, surround view is a must. The cars are wide and it’s easy to scrape curbs. Surround view gives you a perfect view of the distance to the curb. It’s essential in my opinion and I wouldn’t by 2nd hand if it wasn’t on there.

Heated windscreen you can do without for the few times a year you need it. But I used mine the other day and it was great, defrosted the windscreen within 2 minutes. However the side windows remained frozen and the windows wouldn’t wind down so I couldn’t go anywhere anyway!
Porsche Cayenne GTS, Quarzite Grey) (Nov 21) (Mine :D )
E-Mini (Oct 21) (Hers)
VW ID3 (May 23 local runaround) (Ours)
Porsche Macan GTS, Sapphire Blue, 2018 (sold :cry: )
didsby

Post by didsby »

Build updated again!

PNU128S3
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNU128S3

Summary:
The headlight pdls + have been removed as the standards are getting a good write up and we don’t live rurally or drive too much in the night.

Gentian blue is now the Mrs colour of choice alongside painting the side blade things so I’m c. -£80 after the above!!

Bose - stays for now although noted
Same for dimming mirrors

Re. surround camera over reversing camera my current F Pace is a bit bigger than the Macan and I find reverse camera fine.
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I too am going to drop PDLS+ From my spec. Are you sure about the surround view though? For the difference in cost and the high possibility it may prevent some wheel curbing it would easily pay for itself.
Macan S MY 2023
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

didsby wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:31 pm Build updated again!

PNU128S3

Summary:
The headlight pdls + have been removed as the standards are getting a good write up and we don’t live rurally or drive too much in the night.

Gentian blue is now the Mrs colour of choice alongside painting the side blade things so I’m c. -£80 after the above!!

Same for dimming mirrors

Re. surround camera over reversing camera my current F Pace is a bit bigger than the Macan and I find reverse camera fine.
Pics of gentian without body colour coding if it’s useful.

0227B9DE-A879-490B-8DA4-31F83AC4C1E3.jpeg

240208AE-A0A1-4BD6-B1A5-B607AB5C80D3.jpeg

Old Chimer

Post by Old Chimer »

BanZ wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:50 pm Pics of gentian without body colour coding if it’s useful.

0227B9DE-A879-490B-8DA4-31F83AC4C1E3.jpeg240208AE-A0A1-4BD6-B1A5-B607AB5C80D3.jpeg
Definitely need some mud flaps on that :shock:
'22 Macan S, GB, 14W/XL, AAS, PA/SV, ACC, LCA, PG, HF/RS, VFS, EETS, 75L, etc, etc.
Kleynie

Post by Kleynie »

Just thought I’d add my 2p worth. I’ve had auto dimming mirrors on my last 5 cars including my last Macan. My latest Macan however, does not have them. I have noticed absolutely no difference at all.

The high beam assist, or whatever it’s called, is not very good. Drop it like it’s hot.

Thumbs up for roof rails as they just look nice.

Have you spec’ed a spare wheel?
June 2017 Macan GTS in Carmine red with 21” gloss black sport classics, GTS leather package, Air, PASM, PDLS+, pano roof, Sports Chrono, 18 way seats, BOSE, surround view, heated seats front and rear, carbon side blades and carbon interior package.
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

PNU128S3

Summary:

Same for dimming mirrors

I don't think the cost of Bose is worth it as not significantly better than the std fit system.

I have never kerbed an alloy on either of my Macans using just the reversing camera. Found the Surround View disorienting on the test cars. Gen 2 and 3 now have a wash jet to keep the camera lens clear. Big improvement over Gen 1.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
didsby

Post by didsby »

Skyway wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:40 pm I too am going to drop PDLS+ From my spec. Are you sure about the surround view though? For the difference in cost and the high possibility it may prevent some wheel curbing it would easily pay for itself.
Don’t want to curse myself but the only curbing in the past few years has been from coming off curbs at silly angles (and one lapse of concentration on the move!)
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

PNU128S3

Summary:

Same for dimming mirrors

PDLS+ are also Tinted giving a darker appearance. But not by much I think 🤔
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4