All your ordering information here!
pmg

Post by pmg »

pmg wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:52 am
Neil1911 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:55 am
SAC1 wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:05 pm

On my wife’s Gen 3 the camera wash only seems to activate when in reverse gear
Yes you are right.
I've never detected its presence in my Gen 2. Usually keep a tissue handy for that reason!
I will investigate when I go out today.

Driving in winter on Country roads I find I operate my rear wash every time I use surround view which I tend to trigger by the diamond on the steering wheel if the parking sensors have not triggered it. If I have set the rear view from the screen before I am in reverse I still I think see the jet cleaning the lense. As I have said I will check today. Car Gen 2 2019 S
[/quote]

Back from my trip out, I confirm I do not need to be in reverse for operating the rear wash to trigger the water jet spraying the rear camera lens. I had put the car into rear camera view via diamond button and screen so I could see whether fluid was crossing the camera lens. Gen 2 S
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I'd noticed the protruding washer nozzle without realising what it was, but being 6'2", not as supple as 20 years ago and usually wearing variofocal glasses, mean that studying it was never sufficient priority to get close enough to see! On the other hand that lack of verticle challenge allows me to clean the roof without anything more than tiptoe and stretch. Smug grin -> :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
didsby

Post by didsby »

Hi all

About time I updated this thread.
I went to the opc yesterday which great as I had a test drive in the Macan S and the chance to see a good few colours options combos etc.

Deposit is down and whilst I haven’t got a slot yet I’m a returning customer and they have told me barring any real issue they’ll get me a car to arrive by September 22 latest.

For me I want a balance between a really nice spec and not taking a money no object approach!

My current spec has been further revised to:
PN3M2KZ2
http://www.porsche-code.com/PN3M2KZ2

I am still deliberating on a few bits:

COLOUR! This is the main stress!

Body coloured side pods

Adaptive cruise - now removed in a book balancing choice, whilst I like it I don’t use it that much.

Annoyingly the clear rear light bar also looks much better to my eyes..

I found yesterday really insightful and in no particular order here are the standout takeaways:

I’m coming from a Jag F Pace SVR.

The Macan is quick enough but it made me realise how fast the Jag is and the engine is a masterpiece.

However, the Macan on 21s and Air suspension rode amazingly and was night and day compared to the Jag.

The Macan feels much more modern and in the S3 is a lovely balance of modern whilst retaining some proper buttons!

Surprisingly, I prefer the look with the roof rails so these have now been specd.

Like the 911 Turbo design wheels so added these for a small cost more.

18 ways felt amazing to both myself and the wife so now added.

Demo didn’t have sports exhaust and I think sounded fine. It did have Chrono but this just reconfirmed that I would use it.

Reversing camera confirmed as fine for our needs.

I had no issue with the standard steering wheel - wife claimed it was a bit of a dinner plate! So GT now specd.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

didsby wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:16 pm Hi all

I went to the opc yesterday which great as I had a test drive in the Macan S and the chance to see a good few colours options combos etc.

Deposit is down and whilst I haven’t got a slot yet I’m a returning customer and they have told me barring any real issue they’ll get me a car to arrive by September 22 latest.

For me I want a balance between a really nice spec and not taking a money no object approach!

PN3M2KZ2

Body coloured side pods

Adaptive cruise - now removed in a book balancing choice, whilst I like it I don’t use it that much.

I found yesterday really insightful and in no particular order here are the standout takeaways:

The Macan is quick enough but it made me realise how fast the Jag is and the engine is a masterpiece.

However, the Macan on 21s and Air suspension rode amazingly and was night and day compared to the Jag.

The Macan feels much more modern and in the S3 is a lovely balance of modern whilst retaining some proper buttons!

Surprisingly, I prefer the look with the roof rails so these have now been specd.

Demo didn’t have sports exhaust and I think sounded fine. It did have Chrono but this just reconfirmed that I would use it.

I had no issue with the standard steering wheel - wife claimed it was a bit of a dinner plate! So GT now specd.
Good spec. Emergency braking comes with ACC so be aware of that. Lane change assist imho is waste of space but you may want to consider dimming mirrors and a heated steering wheel.
Surround view essential if you value those wheels! 😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
pmg

Post by pmg »

didsby wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:16 pm Hi all

PN3M2KZ2

Body coloured side pods

I would swop the painted side skirts for ACC. when you drive you will gain more from the ACC. Otherwise excellent sensible spec except I am not a fan of 21 wheels
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Jon A wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:38 pm
Emergency braking comes with ACC so be aware of that.
I have grave misgivings over that statement, something does but it might not meet everybody's definition sadly.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Makanik

Post by Makanik »

Neil1911 wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:26 pm
Jon A wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:38 pm
Emergency braking comes with ACC so be aware of that.
I have grave misgivings over that statement, something does but it might not meet everybody's definition sadly.
Out of interest, what are your misgivings with PAS?
Current: 2022 Macan S http://www.porsche-code.com/PP4FF9A4
Sold: 2019 Macan S
Sold: 2016 Macan 2.0
Sold: 2011 Cayman
Dannyp

Post by Dannyp »

I know many will disagree, but I am not a fan of features like ACC that can actually brake for you. It's annoying enough when people pull in too close after overtaking! It woud be infuriating if the car actually braked for me as well! I don't like the lane keeping assist either tbh. Maintaining a safe distance from traffic and lane discipline seem to be to be just part of driving? As I say - others may differ ...
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

I don't see ACC as a system for everyday driving. I will only use it in stop start traffic and motorway cruising.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Dannyp wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:08 pm I know many will disagree, but I am not a fan of features like ACC that can actually brake for you. It's annoying enough when people pull in too close after overtaking! It woud be infuriating if the car actually braked for me as well! I don't like the lane keeping assist either tbh. Maintaining a safe distance from traffic and lane discipline seem to be to be just part of driving? As I say - others may differ ...
Couldn’t agree more!
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA