Deposit Refund

All your ordering information here!
Joelr

Post by Joelr »

Hi All,

Was looking for some advice.

Currently have a Macan S on order since early November. Currently thinking about cancelling and ordering something else.

Are the deposits refundable? I can't get hold of my SE from Reading either via e-mail or phone to confirm?

Reading other posts on here and elsewhere would indicate they are before lock-in but afterwards No, but the T&Cs would indicate that deposits are only refundable if the agreement is terminated in a situation you haven't contributed to. Didn't know if this was just them covering themselves and they are quite happy to?

Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

I asked my SE to clarify this and he said deposits are fully refundable up until build lock in.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

I think they are fully refundable right up to lock in. What could you order that would arrive sooner now though? Presumably yours will be next couple of months?
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Joelr

Post by Joelr »

Thanks for the replies.

Been looking at a few Electric options. Currently drive a Tesla Model S which is coming to the end of a PCP. The numbers to stick with electric weren't adding up but they have come down and with the continued high petrol prices I've taken another look. Some options, such as MB EQC avaliable within a month, others are a long way out
BanZ

Post by BanZ »

I wasn’t sure about the agreement so I asked my SE to put things in writing. I also used PDF editor to edit the contract to include the agreed upon wording before signing and sending back. Apparently they didn’t like this when they noticed on collection day(despite me putting in the email with the signed contract that I’d amended it)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Fully refundable deposit is standard throughout Porsche.

Even if you have been to the PEC between deposit and the cancellation.

Some toerag OPC’s ask for a top up of the deposit on lockdown, if that is the case cancel and move business elsewhere.

Lockdown is the firming up of the purchase and when the legal contract comes into force and you can only cancel if the OPC is in agreement.

As for buying a Porsche, if in doubt don’t.
Last edited by Col Lamb on Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Jon A wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:33 pm I think they are fully refundable right up to lock in. What could you order that would arrive sooner now though? Presumably yours will be next couple of months?
😂😂😂
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Sweetmeister wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:09 pm
Jon A wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:33 pm I think they are fully refundable right up to lock in. What could you order that would arrive sooner now though? Presumably yours will be next couple of months?
😂😂😂
Ordered Oct 15th, now locked in and build early Feb…
…shall I get my coat?… 😳
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Sweetmeister

Post by Sweetmeister »

Jon A wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:14 pm
Sweetmeister wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:09 pm
😂😂😂
Ordered Oct 15th, now locked in and build early Feb…
…shall I get my coat?… 😳
Yes. 🤨
Macan S on order in Black. Leather and 21’ GT’s- Cancelled. Coming soon 911 GTS. :D
Hertsman

Post by Hertsman »

Jon A - How did you get such a quick build date. I ordered an S 24th November (OPC East London) and have heard sweet FA. Not expecting lock in until June/July?? What OPC did you use - whats your secret?