Newbie with Gen 3 Macan GTS on order!!

All your ordering information here!
woojah

Post by woojah »

Hello all, just wanted to share that I've got a gen 3 GTS on order! March build.

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsc ... =/PNINHYF6

Back in 2020 I had a Panamera loan car from my OPC for a few days - it was amazing and a really nice place to sit in, but too big in size for me. But it planted a seed.... and since I already had a soft spot for Macans, here I am. ​Initially my plan was to order a gen 2 GTS, but last year when I visited my OPC they were only taking deposits for gen 3 cars. What a hardship!

I also looked at a BMW X3M (ride too harsh, wife didn't like interior, but what a beast of an engine) and Audi Q4 e-tron (too slow, too boring, interior quality cheap in places, but spacious and practical).

I'd welcome any comments on my spec, although I don't know when things will get locked down.

My must have items were:
- panoramic roof, to brighten the cabin
- extended leather, to make it an even nicer place to sit in
- sport chrono, purely for the dial to change the drive modes!
- surround view, as I regretted not getting this for my current car
- LCA and ACC, purely for safety reasons
- GT steering wheel, liked the smaller diameter and wanted a heated wheel anyway
- privacy glass, for young child and dog
- roof rails, for the occasional roof box or bike
- auto dimming mirrors, which should really be standard

Then I added power steering plus, collapsible spare wheel and speed limit indicator, which seemed like fairly low cost options useful options.

I was in two-minds about about the 18 way seats and Bose given the mix of comments on this forum, but decided to go for them. The 18 way seats were very comfortable for my frame when I tried them (twice) - in a Turbo and a GTS demo. As for Bose, well, I think a £70+k car should have it.

Options I considered but didn't get in the end were heated windscreen and heated rear seats, mainly because whilst useful they would be lesser used in my circumstances. I also thought about the body coloured side blades but think the car looks great either way so went for the zero cost option!

Can't wait!

Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

Lovely spec, well reasoned. The only thing I would add would be black door handles.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:52 pm Lovely spec, well reasoned. The only thing I would add would be black door handles.
Totally agree with Bluenose - door handles is only thing I would add. Great spec 👍

…plus the bigger fuel tank…
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Tyrrell

Post by Tyrrell »

Bigger fuel tank is standard on the GTS.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPYDQZL5
718 Spyder PTS arriving March 2023.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

You nailed the spec.

18 way seats are comfortable but on long journeys you have no wiggle room as they are a very snug fit. Larger framed people do not sit in the 18 way, more on them. The side bolsters can become creased as getting in and out can be a little difficult. Those are the downsides and it is a GTS so 14 way seats goes with the model.

Keep body coloured door handles, black would look like appendages and imo spoil the line of a light coloured car.

Sideblades can be a bit difficult to clean if not painted.

It was freezing on Wednesday when we went out a quick click of the button and I had nice warm hands for the whole journey, you will love the heated steering wheel.

ACC, great feature. If idiots cut in front it can apply brakes a bit to hard, if you close in on a vehicle you intend to overtake it can brake if you are within the safety zone, the key is to indicate, and move out in good time. Using ACC in poor weather in particular rain and where there is a lot of spray is not good practice, yes keep it active but not speed set that way the safety braking is still active.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Welcome to the forum! :)

That’s a smart looking and well specced GTS. Not long until March!

I’d also consider black door handles. And maybe the lower part of the mirrors painted in gloss black (a free option).

I’ve heard that the standard side blades on the GTS are easier to clean than the standard ones on the other models.

0761B694-F442-4539-8803-757821EAE20B.jpeg

5248B0C3-D3F2-4D31-8ECC-18AC8810FC8E.jpeg

Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

woojah wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:38 pm Hello all, just wanted to share that I've got a gen 3 GTS on order! March build.

Back in 2020 I had a Panamera loan car from my OPC for a few days - it was amazing and a really nice place to sit in, but too big in size for me. But it planted a seed.... and since I already had a soft spot for Macans, here I am. ​Initially my plan was to order a gen 2 GTS, but last year when I visited my OPC they were only taking deposits for gen 3 cars. What a hardship!

I also looked at a BMW X3M (ride too harsh, wife didn't like interior, but what a beast of an engine) and Audi Q4 e-tron (too slow, too boring, interior quality cheap in places, but spacious and practical).

I'd welcome any comments on my spec, although I don't know when things will get locked down.

My must have items were:
- GT steering wheel, liked the smaller diameter and wanted a heated wheel anyway

Then I added power steering plus, collapsible spare wheel and speed limit indicator, which seemed like fairly low cost options useful options.

I was in two-minds about about the 18 way seats and Bose given the mix of comments on this forum, but decided to go for them. The 18 way seats were very comfortable for my frame when I tried them (twice) - in a Turbo and a GTS demo. As for Bose, well, I think a £70+k car should have it.

Options I considered but didn't get in the end were heated windscreen and heated rear seats, mainly because whilst useful they would be lesser used in my circumstances. I also thought about the body coloured side blades but think the car looks great either way so went for the zero cost option!

Can't wait!
Similar spec to mine but after seeing the Standard sideblades up close decided to opt for body coloured. Surprised your SE isn't asking for your lock-in spec yet if you have a March build. 🤔
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
EDZ

Post by EDZ »

PorscheMack wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 11:00 am
woojah wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 11:38 pm Hello all, just wanted to share that I've got a gen 3 GTS on order! March build.

My must have items were:

Can't wait!
Similar spec to mine but after seeing the Standard sideblades up close decided to opt for body coloured. Surprised your SE isn't asking for your lock-in spec yet if you have a March build. 🤔
I agree with PorscheMack, you should at least have a date for lock in, given on allocation, as it's normally at least six weeks to build from lock in date.
Maserati Grecale Trofeo (Primaserie) Collected April 2023
Macan Gen 3 GTS on order: Cancalled April 2023
Macan 2019 GTS Black. (On loan to son in law)
Mini Cooper S (Local run about)
Macan 2016 S D V/Grey (sold)
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

Nice spec. Re suggestions to add black to handles and bottom of door mirrors? If you are going with black side-blades. Already with a lot of black to the car personally just IMHO think it’s a spoiler, would also choose crayon belts or leave as black, over red. Just think that Less is More 👍
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
Current
2020. Macan GTS crayon
2024. Macan GTS gentian sometime this year https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
drgav2005

Post by drgav2005 »

Welcome to the forum.
Lovely spec! I’d probably change the belts to crayon rather than red but they certainly offer a bit more excitement than the standard black belts.
Only thing I’d personally add would be the rear side airbags (which really should be standard).