Updates from my OPC on my ordered Macan S

All your ordering information here!
shaunyt0

Post by shaunyt0 »

Bluesnose1812 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 2:16 pm
shaunyt0 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:19 pm
Bluesnose1812 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 12:31 pm

My understanding is that Lockdown is the point at which no more changes to spec will be accepted.

My process has been

1. You place order by providing tentative spec and paying £3K refundable deposit - 22/9/21
2. OPC gets their model producion schedule an allocates your order to a slot. - 7/1/22
3. OPC advises you of build start date and asks you to confirm final spec lockdown and the deposit also locked - 21/1/22 revised to 27/2/22
4. OPC advises proposed build start date and ETA - 15/4/22 then 13/5/22 then 27/5/22
5. OPC advises actual build completion date - 3/5/22 :o

Wow, so your build slot was pushed back then came forwards a couple of weeks, excellent.

so did they give an ETA on arriving at the OPC. May I ask which OPC

Thats really good info you gave there perhaps that should be a thread

showing initial order date : slot allocation date : final lock in date : actual build completion date : and Final delivery/pick up date, maybe the OPC, no other off topic info or
There is a thread already but it often gets sidetracked viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11511

My ETA in point 4 was always the estimated collection date. The car is currently on its way to Emden so could be anything from 14 to 28 days before I actually pick it up from Tewkesbury. The problem that SEs have is that there's no reasons given for changes to the schedule once the build is locked. They can only go on gossip unless Porsche AG give out formal notices. The SE is loath to raise or depress the hopes of us punters who are a very opinionated and fickle bunch, so don't go proactive. This approach is understandable. Say they have 50 orders in the pipeline. To update everyone every month is a one or two day task. Simpler to respond as and when we shout.

Yes I've been following that thread but as you say the information does get sketchy and truncated in places, as to the SEs I guess yes updating could be painful with so many orders to track but they should at least inform of your lock in date just in the of chance you want to make a change as to final build. Transport etc maybe not but definitely an ETA at the dealership.
They want the car out the door the month it comes in for financial reasons. I work away quite a bit and they weren't too happy when I said I could be away up to 4 weeks and that 4 weeks could straddle two month, I informed my SE that the sooner they give me an ETA the sooner I can book a day off to make sure I'm in the UK to take delivery on a convenient day

Oh well hope you get your car sooner than later
Shaun T

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNGQ5LZ6

Current Python Green G3 GTS
Jaguar F Pace 300 Sport
Jaguar F Pace R Sport
Various Freelander's and Discovery's

Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

shaunyt0 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:29 pm
shaunyt0 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:19 pm

Wow, so your build slot was pushed back then came forwards a couple of weeks, excellent.

so did they give an ETA on arriving at the OPC. May I ask which OPC

Thats really good info you gave there perhaps that should be a thread

showing initial order date : slot allocation date : final lock in date : actual build completion date : and Final delivery/pick up date, maybe the OPC, no other off topic info or
There is a thread already but it often gets sidetracked viewtopic.php?f=18&t=11511

My ETA in point 4 was always the estimated collection date. The car is currently on its way to Emden so could be anything from 14 to 28 days before I actually pick it up from Tewkesbury. The problem that SEs have is that there's no reasons given for changes to the schedule once the build is locked. They can only go on gossip unless Porsche AG give out formal notices. The SE is loath to raise or depress the hopes of us punters who are a very opinionated and fickle bunch, so don't go proactive. This approach is understandable. Say they have 50 orders in the pipeline. To update everyone every month is a one or two day task. Simpler to respond as and when we shout.

Yes I've been following that thread but as you say the information does get sketchy and truncated in places, as to the SEs I guess yes updating could be painful with so many orders to track but they should at least inform of your lock in date just in the of chance you want to make a change as to final build. Transport etc maybe not but definitely an ETA at the dealership.
They want the car out the door the month it comes in for financial reasons. I work away quite a bit and they weren't too happy when I said I could be away up to 4 weeks and that 4 weeks could straddle two month, I informed my SE that the sooner they give me an ETA the sooner I can book a day off to make sure I'm in the UK to take delivery on a convenient day

Yes there's still plenty of time to slow things down. Imagine how the Yanks must have felt when they're told, like me, it's built and on its way to Emden - er sorry Sir it's failed the water ingress test.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project GTS March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8DH6E6
shaunyt0

Post by shaunyt0 »

:lol:
Bluesnose1812 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 4:02 pm
shaunyt0 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 3:29 pm

Yes there's still plenty of time to slow things down. Imagine how the Yanks must have felt when they're told, like me, it's built and on its way to Emden - er sorry Sir it's failed the water ingress test.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Shaun T

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNGQ5LZ6

Current Python Green G3 GTS
Jaguar F Pace 300 Sport
Jaguar F Pace R Sport
Various Freelander's and Discovery's