MY23 - MY24 and predicted price increase.

All your ordering information here!
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

I will ask the SE next time I see him but in the meantime I'm sure that with the long waiting lists someone on here will know.
I will probably get a build slot and date before the annual factory shutdown in August which my SE informs me is when they change over to MY24 Spec. So if mine is built before the shutdown it will be MY23 spec and if built after the shutdown it will be MY24 spec. If my car will be subject to the expected price rise mid year , am I better off delaying my build slot until after the shutdown to get any benefit of MY24 update ??

CKMAC

Post by CKMAC »

I placed a GTS order a week ago. SE said 3-5% for base price increase and up to 10% increase for options.
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

CKMAC wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:50 pm I placed a GTS order a week ago. SE said 3-5% for base price increase and up to 10% increase for options.
3-5% is something that's a cert , but my SE mentioned that My24 might have extra items as standard , so if I end up with a MY23 then it won't have the add ons (if any) and I will still be paying the extra 3-5%.
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:42 pm I will ask the SE next time I see him but in the meantime I'm sure that with the long waiting lists someone on here will know.
I will probably get a build slot and date before the annual factory shutdown in August which my SE informs me is when they change over to MY24 Spec. So if mine is built before the shutdown it will be MY23 spec and if built after the shutdown it will be MY24 spec. If my car will be subject to the expected price rise mid year , am I better off delaying my build slot until after the shutdown to get any benefit of MY24 update ??
This is what annoys me with Porsche. I got caught in the price rise last year. But sir, you're getting additional features as standard now.

I have ordered cars before where model years change, or price increases happen, but the manufacturer has always honoured the original price and finance rates. Porsche don't.

Personally I'd be wanting the MY23 car with the prices as ordered. The MY24 may have extra standard features, but the price difference will be far greater then the original options on the MY23 car.
gammaray

Post by gammaray »

Realistically, I would think the new prices will see the price of a Base Macan go up to about 52k, with a Macan T at about 57k and the Macan S 58k. I imagine the GTS would definitely surpass the 70k mark. I guess we’ll soon find out!
Now: 2022 Macan S
Previous: BMW 320i, C class
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

The increased prices don’t seem to be any different from what they do every year. I got hit with 2 before taking delivery of mine :(
Macan S MY 2023
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Reading posts regarding last years increase and when the increases come into effect , would I be correct in thinking that once your spec is locked then the price at that point is fixed ??
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:15 pm Reading posts regarding last years increase and when the increases come into effect , would I be correct in thinking that once your spec is locked then the price at that point is fixed ??
No.....unless you get it in writing from your supplying OPC.

I ordered last month a new VW for my better half. Delivery will not be until Oct / Nov 2023. Here the agreement in writing is for no increase on the agreed discounted price. The only variable will be if VAT and / or VED changes in the interim.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
crockers

Post by crockers »

From my SE I was of the opinion that price increases are not applicable once you’ve gone into lockdown. I’ll have to re read order forms 🤣
Wolands Advocate

Post by Wolands Advocate »

Yes that was what I was told. Exposed to price rises until your order locks, but they honoured the finance quote I was given when I first enquired, which was a relief.
2023 Macan GTS
2022 Mini Cooper