Wait for new Macan "T" or buy ex demo Macan "S"

All your ordering information here!
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

With the new price announcement yesterday I had a trawl through the used car website and came across a demo Macan S (4 months old) in my second choice colour with most of the options I wanted and a lot I could live without. I spoke to their SE this morning regarding p/ex of my car etc and the deal for the "S" will be circa £2000 cheaper - p/ex price now versus next September and reduced first year VED.
CONS on the "S" - chrome window trims and roofbars, 20" Macan S wheels and 14 not 18 way seats + I haven't seen the actual car.
Not on the car - sport chrono and spare wheel.
PROS - it's an S and has too many extras to list including Bose.

I tried to keep my "T" to a budget but the price increase has blown it out of the water.

Decisions, decisions - what to do ??

estymasko

Post by estymasko »

I’d be going for the S for the engine choice alone, especially now if the demo S is within budget but your specced up T is out of the budget. But it comes down to how much you value the options missing! Sport chrono is definitely worthwhile on an S, so I’d be disappointed that that option is missing. How far is the OPC from you? Is it too far to travel to go see the car?
2024 Porsche Taycan 4S sport turismo
2022 Porsche Macan S
2022 Audi S5 Sportback
2019 Porsche 718 Cayman
2017 Porsche 718 Cayman
2016 Audi TT
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I prefer the 14 way to 18 anyhow. The chrome you could have wrapped gloss black if it really bothers you, and I love the standard 20inch wheels - think they look great ;)

Go see the S :D However, I couldn't live without Sport Chrono on an S but if I had never had it I'd manage without.
Last edited by Skyway on Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macan S MY 2023
EngineerMK

Post by EngineerMK »

I’d go S. instant gratification and better resale value
pstrat

Post by pstrat »

You can get a spare wheel through parts. So scratch that off the CONS list!

I'd go S - no brainer
andreas

Post by andreas »

Definitely consider the S.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)
AllanG

Post by AllanG »

I’d definitely be going to view this S……the engine is a peach!! 👍
Allan
2023 Macan S in Crayon
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

If you were going to be happy with the performance of the T, you won’t need SC with the S. The 14 way seats and 20” wheels, in my opinion are the best (I’ve had both) not a fan of chrome, but it depends on the car colour. Certainly worth a closer look. MPG difference is negligible but the performance, if you like to use it, is far more rewarding.
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

estymasko wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 3:54 pm I’d be going for the S for the engine choice alone, especially now if the demo S is within budget but your specced up T is out of the budget. But it comes down to how much you value the options missing! Sport chrono is definitely worthwhile on an S, so I’d be disappointed that that option is missing. How far is the OPC from you? Is it too far to travel to go see the car?
500 mile round trip next week probably, but worth it for the S , sport chrono I could probably live without .
andreas

Post by andreas »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Fri Mar 31, 2023 4:46 pm
sport chrono I could probably live without .
I don't have it on my S, and don't miss it. I'd guess that many owners with Sport Chrono rarely use it.
Macan S collected 4 Dec 2017 - Jet Black, 20" SportDesign, Agate/Pebble, 18-way, Pano roof, Bi-Xenons with PDLS, Surround View, PASM, PS+, spare wheel, towbar.
2021 Audi TT Roadster Black Edition (hers)
2011 Freelander 2 (workhorse)