Post by AndyC160 »

Crayon and the agate bits on a T go together nicely
2021 Macan GTS Jet Black with Full Espresso Leather :D
2018 Macan in Agate grey (now sold)
Audi B5 RS4 - tweaked a little bit ;)
Lotus Elise S1 Sport 160

EngineerMK

Post by EngineerMK »

Very Smart looking T, loving the monochrome look of the Crayon and tinted lights with Agate highlights

As for the dealer incentive this is the first new car I've purchased (Jan this year) and not got a discount! I'm usually good at getting something, including a new Cayman S back in 2013 when they had just been launched.
BZR81

Post by BZR81 »

crockers wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 8:29 am Very nice spec. I prefer colour coded side blades but that’s just a personal preference. Most here prefer or spec contrasting.
The standard GTS seats are very supportive. No need to pay extra so good choice.
I don’t find the 2 litre underpowered. Cruises like a dream. I have driven the S on a long unaccompanied test drive. Yes I can see the added attraction- and yes it’s only £1000 more - but it isn’t. Spec for spec it’s closer to £6k more.
You will really like the T. It handles like a dream.
Thanks. Coming from 2 way cayman seats I’m sure the 8 way GTS ones will be fine. Certainly felt comfy enough in the showroom. Fully agree regarding the S. A lot of YouTube reviews seem to say why for for the T when the S is only £1k more. Appreciate some may want or need the extra power but to spec an S similar to my T in everything but engine massively blew my budget.
AndyC160 wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 9:39 am Crayon and the agate bits on a T go together nicely
EngineerMK wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 10:53 am Very Smart looking T, loving the monochrome look of the Crayon and tinted lights with Agate highlights

As for the dealer incentive this is the first new car I've purchased (Jan this year) and not got a discount! I'm usually good at getting something, including a new Cayman S back in 2013 when they had just been launched.
Yes, I’m hoping the agate grey appears quite dark against the crayon giving a nice contrast.

Tbh I was happy to walk away for a think when I ordered and I think she could tell that. I think they had a vacant build slot and wanted to get someone in it hence the contribution. It was something like 29th jan so I don’t know if being so close to the end of the month was a factor too.

Thanks for all the positive comments so far on my build spec folks. 👍🏼 It’s going to be a long 6 weeks or so.
Macan T - Ordered January ‘23 - Collected June ‘23
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPZG5PN8
BZR81

Post by BZR81 »

Starting to get excited now. Received an email yesterday with a VIN number to add my car to My Porsche app. Sales advisor rang me earlier and my car has been at Emden since 26/05. Her system is showing delivery to them 09/06.

Done a bit of ship spotting and the Viking Constanta left Emden for Grimsby today, and the Danube Highway on Saturday coming, so I’m hoping it could be on one of those. She did mention there has been a backlog at Emden so hopefully that’s cleared. Does a week at Emden sound right or should I expect longer even though there are regular ships crossing?
EngineerMK

Post by EngineerMK »

My recent experience; my Macan left the factory on 12 April, I picked it up from the OPC on 17th May. Shipping via Emden to Sheerness then to OPC, I was lead to believe it sat at Emden for about 10+ days and then waited at Sheerness, finally arriving at the OPC the week before I took ownership.
BZR81

Post by BZR81 »

EngineerMK wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 5:46 pm My recent experience; my Macan left the factory on 12 April, I picked it up from the OPC on 17th May. Shipping via Emden to Sheerness then to OPC, I was lead to believe it sat at Emden for about 10+ days and then waited at Sheerness, finally arriving at the OPC the week before I took ownership.
Thanks. I think the 9th June date sounds a bit optimistic then.
BZR81

Post by BZR81 »

Collection now booked in for Saturday! :)

Car arrived at OPC yesterday. The due date has fluctuated between 09/06 and 16/06 so it’s pretty much gone as scheduled which is nice especially due to the lack of a self tracking system.

Just to give an idea of current delivery times from leaving the factory the dates were:

26/05 arrived at Emden
07/06 arrived at Grimsby
13/06 arrived at Teesside OPC

Sold my 718 Cayman to webuyanycar who even after a little knockdown due to bumper chips still beat the second best price by £900 which really surprised me. Excited for the weekend now :)
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Good turnaround, enjoy your pick up 👍
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)