My first Porsche order

All your ordering information here!
EngineerMK

Post by EngineerMK »

My thoughts on some of your points;

1) I’d go for metallic white over solid

5) Try both and then decide. I have the 18ways; very comfy but geting out isn’t alway elegant

9) The pano roof really brightens up a dark interior

10) I chose the stand rear light bar, i think the red strip compliments the red brake calliper’s

11) I moved from steel sprung 3series to air suspension and love the smoother ride

14) I chose acoustic glass over privacy; it appears to be keeping the interior cool and works with auto dimming mirrors

15) see my post above

16) I have silver seat belts on my cayman, they can look grubby after a few years and need to be cleaned (unlike black seat belts)

19) Surround view is essential IMO

21) The Bose is good but not as good as the HK system in BMWs

I also added adaptive cruise control and load space management pack.

I’ve had ACC on my last few cars and don’t like driving on crowded motorways with out it.

The load space management system keep things tidy in the boot when your having a spirited drive. it included a division net (I’ll never use), reversible boot floor mat, telescopic movable bar, telescopic strap and movable lashing eyes, (the description on the configurator is poor).

Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Just to add to the last post I was originally going metallic white and changed at last minute to divert the money into some other extras. Two motivations, the metallic white is apparently harder to colour match, and when I saw the 2 together in winter conditions I could hardly tell the difference. After 6 months I love the solid white. Easy to maintain and doesn’t show any annoying swirls like the darker colours.
Macan S MY 2023
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Nowt wrong with the Bose, but in addition to above I don’t think it’s as good as the Bang and Olufson in my previous Audi
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Nowt wrong with the Bose, but in addition to above I don’t think it’s as good as the Bang and Olufson in my previous Audi
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
MoonageMin

Post by MoonageMin »

Thank you, everyone, for the feedback and opinions.

With a bit more knowledge of what I want in hand, I went to my pre-arranged appointment today to place the order and for a test drive.
I was super excited and looking forward to it actually, and was high in positivity.

I posted this already in the main forum, but as a way of an update to this thread I had a dire experience, and in the end didn't even get an experience.
Let me know if I'm being unreasonable here, I'm a bit fuming if I'm honest.

I waited there for over an hour! No explanation as to why I was kept waiting, receptionist went to check a few times, each time telling me he will be down in a minute.
At the very least if he popped down for 10 seconds to say something along the lines of "I'm really sorry to keep you waiting, due to XYZ, I need another 5/10/15/20/65 minutes etc" then I might have been okay.
But I'm sat there feeling like an absolute muppet who has nothing better to do than wait over an hour to see an SE, for a pre-booked appointment, begging to part with close to 6 figures for the privilege of being able to place an order for a new Porsche.

After waiting for over an hour, I just left and told the receptionist to let the SE know that I will reschedule.

This is my first time buying a Porsche, so I am not sure if this is standard practice, I never had such an experience when buying BMWs or any other car before.
In fact, I have never heard of any salesman in any industry be it cars or whatnot, keeping their clients that came in to place a purchase order waiting for more than an hour with not so much as a brief pop down, or even an explanation.

Do I have unrealistic expectations for the bare minimum etiquette?
Or is this a standard Porsche Snobery thing that I need to learn to deal with if I still want to buy a car?
I thought buying a luxury car would also mean a luxury purchase experience, not made to feel like a right muppet.

Totally put me off the whole experience and made me reconsider if buying a Macan is the right thing to do.

(Their coffee machine was not working, so didn't even get to try these famous free Porsche coffee and pastries that you guys have talked so fondly about either! :D )

I did get an email saying sorry, the receptionist only informed the SE after I was there for an hour already, and by the time he came down, I was already gone.
Not sure what happened, as I even gave the full name of the SE, just in case there were a few there with the same first name.
And what was she or with whom has she been checking with every time she went to check and came back letting me know it will just be another minute?

Now the offer is for a 24/48 hour extended test drive, but would I be a right tool going back there to accept that after what happened today?
Last edited by MoonageMin on Wed Jun 14, 2023 1:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macan GTS - September build allocation
Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels »

Customer service matters to me. I would go to an alternate Porsche dealer….and tell them why you have chosen to switch from Sidcup.
Macan S
Code: PR5S7372
MoonageMin

Post by MoonageMin »

Update

I just had a call back from an OPC that I sent an enquiry email to regarding an approved used car they had on sale that I found through the main Porsche website.

Some exciting news, they had someone cancel an order for a Macan GTS with a build slot already allocated to them for September.
It's worth highlighting that this is September 2023, not September 2024!

It even has a slim window for me to change to my specs before it gets locked.
So I have just placed my deposit with them and I am about to send them my specs to lock in.

Any thoughts or advise on the spec below guys?

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR94MF53

I know I went from wanting a Macan to a Macan S, and then to a Python green GTS, and now settling on a Carrara white Macan GTS. But I think this might be the perfect build for me now and save the python green for a subsequent 911 instead. :D

For those who followed my other thread, I guess this might be karma and if it does all work out as planned for a brand new GTS built on that September 2023 allocation, everything worked out in the most amazing fashion!
MoonageMin

Post by MoonageMin »

Might be worth adding that this is the other build I am toying with the idea of.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRKSGMJ2

Current plan that is more likely is to go with the Carrara White build (code in my post just above) and then get it full PPF in either STEK DYNOmatt or XPEL Stealth, or something along those lines, and end up with a Satin White Macan GTS.

I love the Python green, but might be best I left it as something to look forward to on a subsequent 911 or something like that.