My first Porsche order

All your ordering information here!
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

I have hi gloss black side blades and they’re really easy to keep clean. :)
Macan S MY 2023

2japs

Post by 2japs »

Skyway wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 10:16 am I have hi gloss black side blades and they’re really easy to keep clean. :)

Ditto, 👍
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I saw two Macan’s parked side by side in the OPC yard on a bright sunny day, the standard white looked good but it was a slightly dull white compared to the Carrera white Macan that was parked next to it.

That said to me the Carrera white in bright conditions does have a blue hue to my eyes.

So do checkout both thoroughly if you decide to go white.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
RGS

Post by RGS »

My Macan was a showroom model already fully specced, the only addition I have made retrospectively is power steering plus. The Macan is a heavy beast and manoeuvring in tight spaces can be tiresome without the help of power steering plus. Another addition to my Macan were rear window blinds and despite having tinted glass as well my granddaughter finds them useful in bright sunny condition when the sun penetrates through the tinted glass. Small kiddies in the back might appreciate them and they're not an expensive option to add.
MoonageMin

Post by MoonageMin »

Wow thank you all for the amazing feedback!
Taking all these on board with me when I go for my test drive.
Can't wait to join this community properly once I have a Macan S of my own to drive and talk about :)
Macan GTS - September build allocation
pstrat

Post by pstrat »

My two cents:

1) I'd always go metallic. No brainer.
2) Agreed - black rims/red caliper is a good combo.
3) I would say pebble interior on a white car would be a big no no for me (unless maybe I lived in Miami? :D) . If the car is white, i'd def say go black inside or red.
4) Extended leather makes a big difference to the interior feel. Well worth doing.
5) Both are good, 14 way perfectly good enough, maybe see if you can try both and see what you prefer.
6) Wouldn't bother with seat ventilation. Spend your money elsewhere.
7) I'm not a fan of the chrome window surrounds, so I'd personally always tick the black trim option
8) Agreed - tuck in the black trim, does look good.
9) Mixed here on the sunroof. Some people get one without question. I didn't and don't regret not having it for one second.
10) The standard rear light isn't actually bad. I think the 'tinted' one would get lost on a white car as well.
11) I think you'd need / want all of those on an S.
12) bigger fuel tank - no brainer.
13) Agreed! looks mint
14) I've got the dimming mirrors and tinted glass. Works fine?
15) Trim can eat up cash specially if you go carbon, but then its something that's in the eye line all the time. Give this one some thought.
16) I went bordeaux red seat belts on black leather to give a contrast. Love it.
17) One of the best options. Such a nice wheel to hold and lovely size. My Mrs raves about it, and I would agree with her.
18) Note if you have a young kid in a seat, i think you have to deactivate the side airbags. hence redundant until they're older. (i could be wrong there)
19) Surround view is a must. Although its not a large SUV it can feel big when parking. Having the top down view of the car is essential and I have come to really value it.
20) Wouldn't bother with an ioniser. Waste of money
21) I got Bose. I think its really good. Love the base, very happy with it. The Berm was just excessively expensive and I couldn't justify paying that much more over the Bose.
Deleted User 5286

Post by Deleted User 5286 »

I’m in an absolute minority on this forum and am likely to get some abuse but here goes…

I hate the Air Suspension on the Macan and chose the S just because you can’t order a GTS with steel springs…

I drove an S with air over 500 miles through some great Welsh roads on an extended test drive…. It did keep the car level through bends BUT I felt it lacked feel …

Also as a passenger I felt mildly sick when the car was being driven hard…( as a former fast jet pilot I thought I was immune from such things)…. I have never felt sick in the S or any other car…

Do test both set ups… maybe the majority are right :D
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

cowdray2 wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 7:38 pm I’m in an absolute minority on this forum and am likely to get some abuse but here goes…

I hate the Air Suspension on the Macan and chose the S just because you can’t order a GTS with steel springs…

I drove an S with air over 500 miles through some great Welsh roads on an extended test drive…. It did keep the car level through bends BUT I felt it lacked feel …

Also as a passenger I felt mildly sick when the car was being driven hard…( as a former fast jet pilot I thought I was immune from such things)…. I have never felt sick in the S or any other car…

Do test both set ups… maybe the majority are right :D
I’ve heard the sickness thing before so there must be something to it.
I ordered mine with air so have no frame of reference with steel but pretty happy with the ride although it is permanently in low mode.
TBH, as good as the Macan is, after driving the Boxster it’s clear that it’s a million miles away from a real sports car. It’s just a comfortable and moderately quick SUV which is exactly what I wanted 🤷‍♂️
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

If the Macan is a moderately quick SUV then even the Boxter 4.0 GTS is only a moderately quick sports car ;)
Macan S MY 2023
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Skyway wrote: Mon Jun 12, 2023 8:43 pm If the Macan is a moderately quick SUV then even the Boxter 4.0 GTS is only a moderately quick sports car ;)
Well there must be at least half a dozen other mainstream SUV’s that are north of 500bhp??
Not a gripe, Macan is a great car and fast, just moderately so by comparison to quite a few others from BMW, Jag, Mercedes and Alpha etc. 🤷‍♂️
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0