Macan GTS Sports Package

All your ordering information here!
Dubs911

Post by Dubs911 »

Hey everyone,

I am being told the GTS Sport Package is not currently available on in the GTS model. Very frustrating as after hours of playing on the Porsche configurator I decided on this.

Apparently it isn’t available and won’t be for the foreseeable future… annoying that apparently unavailable options are still readily selectable in the online configurator.

Has anyone else been told this about the GTS Sport Package? Do we know what hat the issue is or on which of the parts??

wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

I think the worst thing is having to buy a GTS package on a GTS car. Surely it should be standard, given it's a GTS?

Only Porsche could do this !
MoonageMin

Post by MoonageMin »

nooooooo I just finished speccing my car.
Does that also mean I can't go hulk green?

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRDYTCJ8
Macan GTS - September build allocation
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

MoonageMin wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:19 pm nooooooo I just finished speccing my car.

You might have dodged a bullet… 🤔
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Python Green looks awesome IMO. :)
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Dubs911

Post by Dubs911 »

MoonageMin wrote: Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:19 pm nooooooo I just finished speccing my car.

Has your order locked yet?
Check with your dealer if they know anything about this as I would love to know if this is confirmed or not
MoonageMin

Post by MoonageMin »

Dubs911 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:03 am

Has your order locked yet?
Check with your dealer if they know anything about this as I would love to know if this is confirmed or not
I'll update on here when I find out tomorrow. :)
MoonageMin

Post by MoonageMin »

Dubs911 wrote: Sun Jun 18, 2023 3:03 am Has your order locked yet?
My dealer says he hasn't heard about this and should be able to order the GTS sports package.

Although while speccing out a back-up build I actually ended up preferring it, so going with a non-python green car this time for myself.
Dubs911

Post by Dubs911 »

I see, what made you change your mind?
MoonageMin

Post by MoonageMin »

Dubs911 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 6:01 am I see, what made you change your mind?
Couple of reasons,

1) my voice of reason, aka my better half
2) keeping the fun colours for a subsequent sports car purchase in the future (911 or something like that) and having something to look forward to. So a bit more sensible colour for the SUV, and save the python green for the 911 (whenever that happens).
3) We intend to keep this Macan GTS for a while, given it's the last of the ICE models. And the logic is that when going for a more common colour like Carrara White, then even a 10-15 year-old car looks fine and nothing out of the ordinary. But if going a slap your face loud colour like the Python green, unless it's actually on a sports car it might look a bit dated after 5 years or so. Not that it matters, but I guess it's that spiteful look (jealousy?) of, if they can afford such a car why are they still driving it 10 years old instead of updating their car, maybe they can't afford it? that kind of thing.
4) Better half has allowed the Python green if I really want it, but is still of the opinion it's a bit too much on a larger vehicle (SUV) and looks great on a 911, but maybe a little too try hard in a Macan, when it's not even that special and super common in the area we live.
5) Also due to the GT package being enforced, the price difference of a same specced Macan GTS in Carrara White would be £4k more. I do understand that I would lose out on a few things that I don't really need like PTV (Torque Vectoring), Race-tex wheels, race-tex gear lever, race tex seat middles (for these, I actually prefer leather given kids at the back). Would have been nice but wouldn't pay extra for if not in the package, carbon interior package, carbon door trims, race-tex roof lining. One thing I would have wanted and have been deliberating over was the GT satin black wheels, which is only available in the GT package, and I would have paid for if it was an option without. All other things like 18 way seats, GT steering wheel, red model designation on the side, body coloured side blades (I know GT package is gloss black, but same price), extended leather, contrast seatbelts etc. I have all included in my White build anyway, so no difference.
So instead of the £4k premium for practically just the green colour (I appreciate that I do get extras for this) we thought it was best to put that towards a Matte/Satin full body wrap of PPF, which has the dual purpose of both keeping the car protected somewhat, and to change up the look to a Satin white finish for that extra touch of uniqueness albeit not quite at the same level of special as Python Green.
I appreciate that is is a 911 not a Macan, but something like this for the look.