Tin helmet time….

All your ordering information here!
Persicm

Post by Persicm »

Hi all

I have just ordered an S with following spec (https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRM7TKT7) and would welcome views of those of you that have had the benefit of living with a Macan for some time.

For some context, the car will be used primarily for long journeys with a Volvo EX30 on order for day to day trips.

I’ve tried to keep the options within reasonable limits (initially targeted 10% of base cost but ended up nearer 15%) and focused more on what I would like/need rather than with resale in mind. That said, the pano roof has been specced with the latter primarily in mind.

I also wanted to check one point. Initially, I had specced the standard 8 way seats with the Leather Package Black which included leather on the seat centres whereas the now specced 14 way seats look to have leather seat centres as standard anyway?

Look forward to receiving the benefit of the Forum Members wisdom in due course!

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Welcome to the forum.
Quite a nice spec and leather package will get you leather dashboard and parts of the door - worth having as it lifts the quality.
Can you not think of any other colour as tarmac grey with black interior is kinda forgettable 😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Welcome.

By your spec you look to have been doing so pretty good researching.

One obvious omission, no spare wheel.

I would drop the Lane Assist and Speed Warning unless the driving standards of one or more of the users leaves room for improvement

Heated steering wheel, I have used mine vastly more than I have used my heated seats..

Do take up the PEC invite and only Lockdown the spec when you have a guaranteed Build Slot.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
PJV997

Post by PJV997 »

Welcome to the forum.

It’s your car so ultimately must be right for you, but as you’re asking……

My first two questions are how long do you plan to keep the car and do you have a hard budget or just trying to avoid ticking every box?

As for your spec ….

Colours - boring grey exterior and boring black interior

Pano roof - defo keep, particularly if you stick with your black interior, the extra light will stop the car feeling like a coal bunker

Heated steering wheel - good choice, got my first car with HSW only two years ago and now it would be one of the first items I would tick for any new car

Your assistance options - go with what you want/are used to. We have lane keep assist in our new car spec. I hate it but my wife really likes it for the boring motorway journeys so we ticked that box. Many on here like the Speed Warning, but we tend to use Waze via CarPlay and that displays the speed limit.

Heated windscreen - I have just removed it from my final spec as I was trying to be sensible. My car will be garaged, although if it was going to be parked on the drive, I would have kept it.

And if the car is a keeper and/or some wiggle room in the budget consider:

Extended leather, maybe one of the two tone combinations. (If as Jon A suggests, the leather package you have chosen gets leather dashboard and door caps then it’s probably not worth the money, otherwise take a look)

Bose hifi (I haven’t heard the standard system - but I have been running a Gen 1 with Bose for 3 months and think it is very good)
Current fleet:
2023 Macan GTS
2018 BMW M6 GC
2023 Boxster GTS

Departed:
2017 Macan Turbo
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Jon A wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 3:29 pm Welcome to the forum.
Quite a nice spec and leather package will get you leather dashboard and parts of the door - worth having as it lifts the quality.
Can you not think of any other colour as tarmac grey with black interior is kinda forgettable 😂
he/she must be an actuary

Welcome anyway OP
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

PJV997 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 4:19 pm Welcome to the forum.

It’s your car so ultimately must be right for you, but as you’re asking……

My first two questions are how long do you plan to keep the car and do you have a hard budget or just trying to avoid ticking every box?

As for your spec ….

Colours - boring grey exterior and boring black interior

Pano roof - defo keep, particularly if you stick with your black interior, the extra light will stop the car feeling like a coal bunker

Heated steering wheel - good choice, got my first car with HSW only two years ago and now it would be one of the first items I would tick for any new car

Your assistance options - go with what you want/are used to. We have lane keep assist in our new car spec. I hate it but my wife really likes it for the boring motorway journeys so we ticked that box. Many on here like the Speed Warning, but we tend to use Waze via CarPlay and that displays the speed limit.

Heated windscreen - I have just removed it from my final spec as I was trying to be sensible. My car will be garaged, although if it was going to be parked on the drive, I would have kept it.

And if the car is a keeper and/or some wiggle room in the budget consider:

Extended leather, maybe one of the two tone combinations. (If as Jon A suggests, the leather package you have chosen gets leather dashboard and door caps then it’s probably not worth the money, otherwise take a look)

Bose hifi (I haven’t heard the standard system - but I have been running a Gen 1 with Bose for 3 months and think it is very good)
Leather package gets upper dashboard and door handles/door armrest. Extended is leather everything and totally superb.
Standard stereo is actually a good sound albeit without the excess base of Bose but have had both and wouldn’t pay nearly a grand for Bose.
It’s all subjective, including paying £70k for a grey Porsche… 😂
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Well here's my tin helmet comment, only had my "S" for about 8 weeks and done about 1000 miles but I really don't miss the option of Sport Chrono on mine. I can't think of one occasion where I would have used it , IF I HAD IT. :)
Last edited by Scooby_Doo on Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:26 pm Well here's my tin helmet comment, only had my "S" for about 8 weeks and done about 1000 miles but I really don't miss the option of Sport Chrono on mine. I can't think of one occasion where I would have used it.
Just as well Scoob cos you haven’t got it! 😂
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:26 pm Well here's my tin helmet comment, only had my "S" for about 8 weeks and done about 1000 miles but I really don't miss the option of Sport Chrono on mine. I can't think of one occasion where I would have used it.
Somebody that speaks sense at last !
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
crockers

Post by crockers »

Doesn't the non sports chromo have a sports button on the by haptic panel above the pasm? Never used sports plus but have used the boost button. Mind you - before Tracky says it- a 4 pot needs as much boost as one can get 🤣🤣