New GTS order and spec

All your ordering information here!
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

Welcome!

Looks like a good spec.

I'd echo that you should untick that suspension option - it is confusing how it's worded, but ticking that £0.00 cost option removes the GTS specific suspension setup. I guess if you felt strongly about that then that's cool, but for me it removes a huge part of why you buy a GTS. You're also still paying for it - it's baked into the base cost - you're just then removing the thing you're paying for!

I wish I had extended the leather in my GTS - I've actually gotten used to the cabin and I don't mind it so much now, but compared to a friends S with extended leather, his cabin does feel a big notch above mine. Alas, my budget at the time was what it was, and I prioritised other things (which I don't regret). It's still a premium and well made cabin that get's a lot of positive comments, but full leather really would have been the cherry on top.

I did, however, spec the heated GT steering wheel which is absolutely 10/10. It's a lovely wheel to hold and use, excellently sized, and in the winter the heating element is brilliant.

I love the standard GTS 8 way seats. I've done long driving holidays in them already and they've been excellent. As mentioned above the GTS 8 way share the same seat body as the 18 way.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94

Snook

Post by Snook »

Thanks all, this is really helpful. I was already somewhat concerned by the comfort access and the advice makes me want to ditch it - especially since you need to put the key in dash anyway. I’ll be adding the extended leather, having looked more closely it will indeed lift the interior.

For the adaptive suspension, to clarify, the standard will offer stiffer and adjustable, just not the auto. The off-road lift setting is available on both?
Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

The suspension works both the same in the S and the GTS, in that you get 3 levels of stiffness, a lower and 'regular' ride height, and offroad lift.

The GTS specific suspension though is tuned for the GTS to be more sportier, and it sits lower in all settings other than offroad. So in normal, sports and sports+ the suspension is stiffer and therefore rides flatter through corners than the S equivalent.

You can still run your GTS in normal ride height and normal dampening and its very comfy and compliant.

Porsche's gumpf on it here:
Height-adjustable sports air suspension, including the Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) adaptive damper control system, is fitted as standard equipment exclusive to the Macan GTS. The suspension and damping have been optimised for the optional GTS Sport package and the high-performance tyres that come with it. Performance tyres build up lateral forces more quickly, which, together with further improvements to the car's body control, have a positive effect on the driving experience. Thanks to stiffer springs – an extra 10 per cent on the front axle and 15 per cent on the rear – larger anti-roll bars and newly developed dampers, it has been possible to further reduce body pitch and roll as well as body movement on rebound. In combination with the 10 mm reduction in suspension height, this results in a clearly noticeable improvement in handling and performance.
https://media.porsche.com/mediakit/maca ... nd-dynamic
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
Snook

Post by Snook »

That’s made it clearer, I’ll be unticking the adaptive. With regards to options like speed limit detection, is this functionality built-in, but just disabled unless you select - meaning you can get it enabled later?
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Speed Limit Indicator is £204 and a license saver from the get go. A bargain compared to other of your options! Your OPC can advise if it can be retro fitted and their charge.
Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

You’ve had plenty of good advice above. I’m just going to comment on the model designation in silver on the side blades; with black script on the rear that might stand out more than it looks on the configurator. I’m not sure what comes as standard but we have black on black on our T sideblades and it is visible; subtle but I think that works better. Depends how much you want it to stand out of course; I’d quite happily have deleted it entirely but my wife wanted it 😄
2023 Macan T - http://www.porsche-code.com/PPMPKF77
Due 2025: Cayenne S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PRBH59L6
2023 Audi S6 Avant
Suzuki Jimny
Mini Cooper
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

Found a picture of our side blades - ours is matte black script on gloss black painted side blades. From an angle it looks like this:

It looks like the standard GTS spec is matte sideblades with gloss script, so the opposite.
2023 Macan T - http://www.porsche-code.com/PPMPKF77
Due 2025: Cayenne S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PRBH59L6
2023 Audi S6 Avant
Suzuki Jimny
Mini Cooper
SAC1

Post by SAC1 »

Here's the standard GTS one.

Screenshot_20230806_141004_Gallery.jpg

Steve

2020 GTS in Sapphire Blue
(sold) 2017 SD in Rhodium Silver
Snook

Post by Snook »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 1:16 pm You’ve had plenty of good advice above. I’m just going to comment on the model designation in silver on the side blades; with black script on the rear that might stand out more than it looks on the configurator. I’m not sure what comes as standard but we have black on black on our T sideblades and it is visible; subtle but I think that works better. Depends how much you want it to stand out of course; I’d quite happily have deleted it entirely but my wife wanted it 😄
My logic for this was black on black is a little pointless, silver at least pops a little. I did originally choose the body coloured option which put black on crayon which stood out even more.
pmg

Post by pmg »

Snook wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 11:30 am That’s made it clearer, I’ll be unticking the adaptive. With regards to options like speed limit detection, is this functionality built-in, but just disabled unless you select - meaning you can get it enabled later?
You have choice whether it is shown or not in MFD and on widgets on main PCM screen
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8