Grey thoughts...

All your ordering information here!
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

There's masses of kick back on Euro 7. I wouldn't make that part of my consideration. But doesn't affect me as my current Macan is a keeper. I'm not convinced changing a Macan every 2 years has any financial benefit at all apart from the OPC that picks it up and then sells it for an inflated price ;)
Macan S MY 2023

M30LEV

Post by M30LEV »

I too have a volcano grey gen 2 macan and love the colour it looks great when cleaned and polished with the diamond cut wheels but was in a similar dilemma, new order but what colour i spent hours playing on the spec configurator, must admit most of the colours are ok but it seems a lot of manufactures have gone for similar colours std black, white and greys. Seeing as this will be a keeper and not worried about the re-sale in a couple of years I have decided on the Papaya orange with black accents don't think I will loose it in a car park. Order lock down around November / December so gives me a couple of months to change my mind but think Papaya it is.
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Jon A wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:02 pm
2japs wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:26 pm Go for Crayon, it’s gray but erm… looks beige 🤔
An SE at Leicester recently let slip that they call Crayon “hearing aid beige” at the OPC… 😂😂
😂😂
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
2japs

Post by 2japs »

GeeRam wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:19 pm
Jon A wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:02 pm
2japs wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:26 pm Go for Crayon, it’s gray but erm… looks beige 🤔
An SE at Leicester recently let slip that they call Crayon “hearing aid beige” at the OPC… 😂😂
I must be colour blind then, as I can't begin to equate Crayon looking even vaguely beige....?

Now this hideous piece of junk, is beige :D

My old boss had one of these with the squarial steering wheel, interior was chocolate brown and I think the paint was British Leyland Crayon beige! 😂😳😳
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Leaky

Post by Leaky »

M30LEV wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 11:33 am I too have a volcano grey gen 2 macan and love the colour it looks great when cleaned and polished with the diamond cut wheels but was in a similar dilemma, new order but what colour i spent hours playing on the spec configurator, must admit most of the colours are ok but it seems a lot of manufactures have gone for similar colours std black, white and greys. Seeing as this will be a keeper and not worried about the re-sale in a couple of years I have decided on the Papaya orange with black accents don't think I will loose it in a car park. Order lock down around November / December so gives me a couple of months to change my mind but think Papaya it is.
I went for Papaya on the basis that a) it's not boring and b) I like it in any light. Pretty much all of the other colours can look great, but (to me) can also pretty dreadful in the wrong light. Papaya also varies a lot but I've yet to see a shade that I don't like.

And it still looks great when it's less than perfectly clean. No regrets here on colour choice.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Leaky wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:26 pm No regrets here on colour choice.
That's all that matters, enjoy!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Colour is obviously entirely subjective (apart from volcano) and it’s whatever makes you feel good about it. I have bright yellow which many will hate, but it delights me every time I set eyes on it 😂
Be brave, be conservative, there are no rights or wrongs (again, apart from volcano) so you can’t go wrong… well, apart from volcano. 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Jon A wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:33 pm Colour is obviously entirely subjective (apart from volcano) and it’s whatever makes you feel good about it. I have bright yellow which many will hate, but it delights me every time I set eyes on it 😂
Be brave, be conservative, there are no rights or wrongs (again, apart from volcano) so you can’t go wrong… well, apart from volcano. 👍
So just to be clear….you don’t like volcano !?
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Tracky wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:38 pm The market is on the brink of turning so it seems pointless changing the car just for the sake as you will end up with double depreciation

Fine if you can afford it but to have the same car ?
I hold a different view on Depreciation calculations using the difference between the Buying and Selling figure divided by the number of weeks ownership. Fortunately, the Macan GTS is holding it's value well compared to other cars in it's class. I suspect when it's 2 years old it will be worth around £65,000 to someone, somewhere. That will be a hit of around £125 per week which will make it justifiable as the car heads towards year 3 and 4 costs. However, slight downside is that the same car new is now around £6k more but hopefully this will be reflected in future resale value especially as 2024 will be one of the last years the Macan Petrol remains in production. But who knows.....
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
GeeRam

Post by GeeRam »

Neil1911 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 10:24 am
GeeRam wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:19 pm ........this hideous piece of junk, is beige :D
So you had one too then! Mine was the darker cow pat colour, much worse :D
Nope, I never stooped as low as owing an Austin Aggro.

But I have to confess to owning a Marina 1.8TC Coupe for 6 months.......(but it was a fetching dark metallic bluey purple colour though :lol: )