Grey thoughts...

All your ordering information here!
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

2japs wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:26 pm Go for Crayon, it’s gray but erm… looks beige 🤔
An SE at Leicester recently let slip that they call Crayon “hearing aid beige” at the OPC… 😂😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0

ultrabelse

Post by ultrabelse »

I had an Agate grey Gen 1 and that was a nice colour when cleaned but quickly picked up dust and looked like any other grey car.

Now have a crayon Gen 2 and love the colour. More unique, and can’t see swirls or light scratches and doesn’t need cleaning as often (just doesn’t look dirty vs the darker grey that rarely looked clean)
GeeRam

Post by GeeRam »

PorscheMack wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:30 pm
wab172uk wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 3:17 pm
PorscheMack wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 12:35 pm Having placed an order for another Macan GTS for post March 2024 delivery I'm struggling to find a colour that I like as much as Volcano Grey. My initial thoughts were go Dolomite Silver, but I got thinking why didn't I choose Dolomite over Volcano for my current Macan; and there's only one answer coming back at me: that's because I preferred Volcano over Dolomite!! So I'm now rethinking whether to keep my current car or get a new one next year in.......You guessed it, Volcano Grey. I wouldn't hesitate getting the same colour if it was say, moving from a Gen 2 car to Gen 3 but it's effectively going to be the same car only newer which I guess in itself does bring certain benefits. Anyone else been down this road?
Keep the current car and get it wrapped in any colour you want. Sorted !

The roads are full of Grey cars. While looking deciding to cancel my Macan order or not due to silly lead times, I looked at an RS4. Only colours were Grey, Black or a dull Blue. Just a few years earlier you could have Red and Green. But I guess either no one ordered one (they do look nice in Red) or Audi decided dull boring colours were the way forward.
Yep. It's interesting tho as more people must prefer these dull colours as there's so many of them on the road. You just can't odds it really.
There's so many of them on the road, largely because with many manufacturers, there is very little choice other than varying shades of monochrome. You can't buy it if they don't offer it.
corgi

Post by corgi »

Grey... Yawn... Go for something exciting...

Having aid that, I have a black Macan... and a silver (light) Mini JCW Works Challenge... the Mini only came in that colour though...
MikeM

Post by MikeM »

neilj007 wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 5:29 pm I love this...money no object and all that...

Screenshot 2023-08-17 at 17.28.33.png
Had a 1980’s Ford Cortina in that colour, wasn’t that expensive for the extra charge for metallic in those days. 😂😂
Previous Porsche’s
2008. 987 Boxster S Sport basalt
2012. 991 Carrera S aqua
2016. Macan Turbo volcano
2020. Macan GTS crayon (sold 04/24)
Awaiting delivery
2024. Macan GTS gentian. mid May https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR8H7WC6
GeeRam

Post by GeeRam »

Jon A wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:02 pm
2japs wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 8:26 pm Go for Crayon, it’s gray but erm… looks beige 🤔
An SE at Leicester recently let slip that they call Crayon “hearing aid beige” at the OPC… 😂😂
I must be colour blind then, as I can't begin to equate Crayon looking even vaguely beige....?

Now this hideous piece of junk, is beige :D

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

GeeRam wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:19 pm
Jon A wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 9:02 pm
I must be colour blind then, as I can't begin to equate Crayon looking even vaguely beige....?

Now this hideous piece of junk, is beige :D

…errr… ok 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
SanPorMGTS

Post by SanPorMGTS »

PorscheMack wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:37 pm
SanPorMGTS wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:15 pm I’m in exactly same position, I’ve order forms completed and have put Carmine down again, but… should it be another colour!!
I loved the volcano grey, but went with red to be a bit different. I’ve not seen dolomite in reality, so don’t know about that - yet. I am looking to only keep this car for just 2 years, to keep the value up and as potentially that the Macan is phased out petrol wise..
I won’t have much mileage up on my own current one..
Would you be interested in getting a Macan in their last production year probably 2025 or keep your current order for 2 years and then switch to something completely different?
Great question. I want to push out as far as possible in terms of date, to get the last year, if 2025 is the final one. Mines a Jan 23 presently. The OPC offered me a slot for this November and that was a big NO from me, it’s far too soon, both timing and money wise.

I got an indicative valuation already from OPC. But in terms of another model, depending on boot size, I’d probably love the Panamera, not driven one, but it’s prob quite a stretch money wise. So I’m guessing that will be off the table, but who knows!!

What about you?

Maybe they’ll bring in more colours- but I’d never PTS.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

SanPorMGTS wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:47 am
PorscheMack wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:37 pm
SanPorMGTS wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 7:15 pm I’m in exactly same position, I’ve order forms completed and have put Carmine down again, but… should it be another colour!!
I loved the volcano grey, but went with red to be a bit different. I’ve not seen dolomite in reality, so don’t know about that - yet. I am looking to only keep this car for just 2 years, to keep the value up and as potentially that the Macan is phased out petrol wise..
I won’t have much mileage up on my own current one..
Would you be interested in getting a Macan in their last production year probably 2025 or keep your current order for 2 years and then switch to something completely different?
Great question. I want to push out as far as possible in terms of date, to get the last year, if 2025 is the final one. Mines a Jan 23 presently. The OPC offered me a slot for this November and that was a big NO from me, it’s far too soon, both timing and money wise.

I got an indicative valuation already from OPC. But in terms of another model, depending on boot size, I’d probably love the Panamera, not driven one, but it’s prob quite a stretch money wise. So I’m guessing that will be off the table, but who knows!!

What about you?

Maybe they’ll bring in more colours- but I’d never PTS.
So your current car is a Jan 23 and you are looking at replacing sometime next year? Was the "Indicatve valuation" strong? In terms of end of life for the petrol Macan details, my guess is that with the upcoming Euro 7 regulations and the advent the Macan EV (albeit delayed) can't see the order books remaining open beyond 3rd quarter next year for the current range. In your position, having a relatively newish car I'd keep my order bubbling around the edge of build date commitment in order to be guaranteed a build slot after Porsche announce RIP for the current model range.
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

GeeRam wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:19 pm ........this hideous piece of junk, is beige :D
So you had one too then! Mine was the darker cow pat colour, much worse :D
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP