First Porsche

All your ordering information here!
Woodhouse

Post by Woodhouse »

LemonJelly wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:24 pm
Woodhouse wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:16 pm Hi. Picked up my S Saturday after months of deliberations and spec changes then an 3 month wait. Only thing I would retrospectively add to my spec is more leather. Really lifts the cabin - wish I’d done more. I went with air after trying both and as Jon and Wab have said, lowers the ride height. You won’t regret surround camera at all.
Congrats on taking delivery! I will definitely check the leather options out, it was an area I stayed away from as it can escalate costs quickly.
Absolutely. There’s always a ceiling and tough to get it in with everything.

Also, try to see as many colours as you can. Wouldn’t have dreamt of going silver but dolomite isn’t an ordinary silver and my last test drive was in it and it changed my mind. So pleased I did.
Macan S - MY23 - PRG1YBJ5 - (his)

F60 Mini Countryman Cooper S (hers)

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I've never been one to follow the crowd, so here goes..... Macan 1, had a standard interior, No.2 has extended leather, I don't notice any bloody difference! Now, maybe if I'd added some colourful stitching.....🤔
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
LemonJelly

Post by LemonJelly »

Neil1911 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:29 pm I've never been one to follow the crowd, so here goes..... Macan 1, had a standard interior, No.2 has extended leather, I don't notice any bloody difference! Now, maybe if I'd added some colourful stitching.....🤔
:lol:
Current: 2020 A4 S-Line Black Edition with Technology Pack
(Near) Future: MY2023 Porsche Macan S
LemonJelly

Post by LemonJelly »

Woodhouse wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:39 pm
LemonJelly wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:24 pm
Woodhouse wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:16 pm Hi. Picked up my S Saturday after months of deliberations and spec changes then an 3 month wait. Only thing I would retrospectively add to my spec is more leather. Really lifts the cabin - wish I’d done more. I went with air after trying both and as Jon and Wab have said, lowers the ride height. You won’t regret surround camera at all.
Congrats on taking delivery! I will definitely check the leather options out, it was an area I stayed away from as it can escalate costs quickly.
Absolutely. There’s always a ceiling and tough to get it in with everything.

Also, try to see as many colours as you can. Wouldn’t have dreamt of going silver but dolomite isn’t an ordinary silver and my last test drive was in it and it changed my mind. So pleased I did.
Yeah will do, thank you. I am quite partial to my Stormtrooper spec though :)
Current: 2020 A4 S-Line Black Edition with Technology Pack
(Near) Future: MY2023 Porsche Macan S
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Neil1911 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:29 pm I've never been one to follow the crowd, so here goes..... Macan 1, had a standard interior, No.2 has extended leather, I don't notice any bloody difference! Now, maybe if I'd added some colourful stitching.....🤔
You’ve got pebble seat centres on black and you don’t notice any difference???
Time for Specsavers Neil… 😂😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Jon A wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:55 pm
You’ve got pebble seat centres on black and you don’t notice any difference???
Time for Specsavers Neil… 😂😂
I was thinking that! 😁😁
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I was thinking of the dash and doors.. Seat centres were another option entirely.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
Nuclear Nick

Post by Nuclear Nick »

Jon A wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:52 pm Not sure air required on 20” wheels as all the comfort is really coming from PASM, air is more about reducing pitch and lean when pressing on
I have to disagree with you here Jon, it's the other way round. The ride comfort is provided by the more compliant air springs while PASM is a dynamic damping control system to vary damping according to driving style and feedback from the road. What is true is that they both combine to create the 'feel' that the driver (and passengers) experience on the move. The air option does increase the amount of control the driver has over the ride comfort and height of the car and has additional self levelling benefits particularly useful when towing.
Nick

Defender 90 V8

991.2 C2 GTS

Macan Turbo - sold

BMW K1300S, BMW R1250 GSA
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:55 am
Jon A wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:52 pm Not sure air required on 20” wheels as all the comfort is really coming from PASM, air is more about reducing pitch and lean when pressing on
I have to disagree with you here Jon, it's the other way round. The ride comfort is provided by the more compliant air springs while PASM is a dynamic damping control system to vary damping according to driving style and feedback from the road. What is true is that they both combine to create the 'feel' that the driver (and passengers) experience on the move. The air option does increase the amount of control the driver has over the ride comfort and height of the car and has additional self levelling benefits particularly useful when towing.
Will certainly bow to your greater knowledge here Nick, I was just regurgitating what was explained to me by a Porsche technician at the OPC.
Not sure you can rely on them for absolute accuracy! 😂
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
kalniel

Post by kalniel »

IMHO air vs steel is kind of a question of what sort of vehicle do you want the Macan to be. Steel brings about a direct connection to the wheels, so it feels like a very well sorted saloon/hatch car - not uncomfortable, but not 100% isolating, and with a car-like roll and pitch - incredible for a SUV and in some ways matching dynamic expectations. Air on the other hand has more in common with luxury SUVs/luxury cars - there's a slight other-worldliness about the isolation from the surface and the much less than expected roll and pitch, especially over things like speed bumps - but it feels less like a car as a result (though still performs like one).