New member - Macan S lockdown imminent

All your ordering information here!
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

RichardM wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2023 10:00 pm Evening all,

I’ve spent countless hours on the forum, but finally joined last weekend. Our new Macan S is due to go into build on 03 Oct, although the local dealer will keep it until the new plate in March. Given the rumours regarding price hikes from Oct my wife and I will be trying to lock down the spec next week.

After numerous changes, our latest spec is PR54YS11 - it will be our first Porsche so wanted to be sure we hadn’t missed anything obvious or whether there are items ticked that may not be necessary. Happy to hear any views and suggestions 🙂

Not sure whether the spec link below will work but here goes;

https://configurator.porsche.com/en-GB/ ... VK.VR0.VW6
Wow!! You have a build date of Oct 3 but you still haven't locked in your spec. That's only 2 weeks away. What's your OPC saying about lock in deadline date?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4

RichardM

Post by RichardM »

It goes into build lock down on 03 Oct; apologies if was unclear. Presumably will be ready around late 2023 but I will be abroad working for much of the time, hence the dealership agreed to hold until the new plate.

Thanks again for all of the advice; we will be going in next week to finalize when I get back to UK and am sure there will be more tweaks on the way….will feel quite strange when we can no longer amend; will have to find something else to do in the evenings….🙄
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

RichardM wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 9:47 am It goes into build lock down on 03 Oct; apologies if was unclear. Presumably will be ready around late 2023 but I will be abroad working for much of the time, hence the dealership agreed to hold until the new plate.

Thanks again for all of the advice; we will be going in next week to finalize when I get back to UK and am sure there will be more tweaks on the way….will feel quite strange when we can no longer amend; will have to find something else to do in the evenings….🙄
Incidentally, What was the OPCs view on possible price rise?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
Skyway

Post by Skyway »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:08 am Keep the dimming mirrors, they are a low cost option and useful if you drive at night, especially on motorways. With many cars now having very bright LED headlights they should be standard fitment. I don't understand why others dismiss them, the height of the Macan is irrelevant and the front door windows are not tinted so you will get the full force of glare from the door mirrors. There is no downside so to me it is one of the obvious options to add.
Never had an glare in my non-dimming mirrors and I use the motorways alot ;) Complete waste of money in my opinion.
Macan S MY 2023
RichardM

Post by RichardM »

Have not discussed any price rise risk with the dealership; but either way I have to lock down by 03 Oct latest, so makes sense to do it next week….
GeeRam

Post by GeeRam »

Nuclear Nick wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 7:08 am Keep the dimming mirrors, they are a low cost option and useful if you drive at night, especially on motorways. With many cars now having very bright LED headlights they should be standard fitment. I don't understand why others dismiss them, the height of the Macan is irrelevant and the front door windows are not tinted so you will get the full force of glare from the door mirrors. There is no downside so to me it is one of the obvious options to add.
Agree 100% with this.
I specced them on my old BMW 135i and again on my X5 40d, and wouldn't be without them.
My cousin has a Xi3 or whatever the EV X3 is, and hasn't got them, and he let me have a drive of it at night when he first got it, and I noticed the absence of the auto-dim mirrors right away, just driving it a few miles around town at night, especially as said, if there are no street lights.
RichardM

Post by RichardM »

For the incremental cost, I’ll probably add them anyway. It seems faintly ridiculous to be paying large sums for stuff like ACC that was standard on our 1.4 Golf we bought new 8 years ago, but this is the Porsche way….
GeeRam

Post by GeeRam »

RichardM wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 10:59 am For the incremental cost, I’ll probably add them anyway. It seems faintly ridiculous to be paying large sums for stuff like ACC that was standard on our 1.4 Golf we bought new 8 years ago, but this is the Porsche way….
Its because Porsche still cater for the fact that enthusiast drivers want to buy Porsche's and many (like me) don't want a car festooned with driver aids......and Porsche at least offer the option rather than as most others do, as a nanny spec default option.

I'm glad they still do have that approach, which is why was my last ICE car buy was going to be a Porsche.....circumstances may now have conspired to make that not become a reality sadly.
2japs

Post by 2japs »

All my cars since god knows when has had auto dimming mirrors apart from both my Macans, can’t say I’ve missed it, having said that should be standard on a car of this price point.
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
RichardM

Post by RichardM »

I suppose it gives us options…..part of the fun is compiling alternative specs on the configurator….