Another GTS on order

All your ordering information here!
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

I have to admit that the ACC on motorways with restricted speed sections and queuing traffic is brilliant but lane keeping assist I would never spec. The only thing I need to find out on the Macan is how to adjust the ACC distance to the next car. (Must read the handbook)

Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:59 am I have to admit that the ACC on motorways with restricted speed sections and queuing traffic is brilliant but lane keeping assist I would never spec. The only thing I need to find out on the Macan is how to adjust the ACC distance to the next car. (Must read the handbook)
It's the little up/down switch/lever (like the rear wiper control) on the ACC stalk.
Last edited by Neil1911 on Sun Oct 01, 2023 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:59 am I have to admit that the ACC on motorways with restricted speed sections and queuing traffic is brilliant but lane keeping assist I would never spec. The only thing I need to find out on the Macan is how to adjust the ACC distance to the next car. (Must read the handbook)
Yeah, I will admit I use ACC on my other car, only when in road work sections. Again it completely baffles me when in a 50 zone, people can’t just stick to 50. It’s 50, 45, 50, 42 etc. like how sodding hard it it to keep you foot still and just travel at a constant speed?

I never specced it on my Macan, as tbh I don’t drive everyday so rarely hit motorway road works.

These safety devices though. Maybe just a coincidence that given more manufacturers are installing even the most simplistic functions, like heating controls, into infotainment systems, they are probably allowing people more time to fiddle on with the iPad screen rather than actually concentrating on the act of driving. :roll:
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Neil1911 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:04 am
It's the little up/down switch/lever (bit like half the rear wiper control) on the ACC stalk, far side away from you...
Thanks.
Jobbo

Post by Jobbo »

I’m not going to bang on further about liking lane keep assist with active cruise - chacun a son gout.

However, I am only advocating it when cruise is activated. I haven’t tried the Macan system and the fact that it is a separate option to active cruise intrigues me. If you spec it, is it on all the time by default? Can you turn that off without specially coding it out? If so, I’d certainly think twice about ordering it.

Our Macan has none of the driver aids at all because my wife hates them, but then she mainly drives it.
2023 Macan T - http://www.porsche-code.com/PPMPKF77
Due 2025: Cayenne S - http://www.porsche-code.com/PRBH59L6
2023 Audi S6 Avant
Suzuki Jimny
Mini Cooper
GeeRam

Post by GeeRam »

Jobbo wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:55 pm Our Macan has none of the driver aids at all because my wife hates them
Sensible lady 8-)
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

Scooby_Doo wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 12:18 pm
Neil1911 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 11:04 am
It's the little up/down switch/lever (same as the rear wiper control) on the ACC stalk.
Thanks.
Slight revision, the nearest side of the control doesn't come to my left thumb as the wiper switch does to my right!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP