New Macan delayed until at least February

All your ordering information here!
ColinRR

Post by ColinRR »

Following on from my introduction post, I have been pushing my SE to find out a build date after the original October/ early November was obviously going to be unrealistic. Last week I finally had an email from him on Friday saying that it was likely to be at least February.
On Saturday I decided to search the used car market for a Macan up to 4 or5 years old. This would save me money and I could maybe get an upgrade from the base 2 litre model I had ordered. I found a Macan S which happened to be painted in the now unavailable colour, Night Blue, that I originally wanted. Coincidentally it was at the same OPC who was handling my order so I called them to make sure it was still there and made arrangements to see it. I went straight over, had a long test drive, liked it and bought it, cancelling my original order and transferring the deposit. I’m due to collect it next Friday. :D

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I simply do not believe what you were originally told about a Nov build.

Just look here and some have had an 18 month wait.

Sounds like SE BS and that they perhaps expected a cancellation which would then be used to slot you in.

So you are back where you were when you first joined the forum except you are getting a vastly better motor than a basic Base.

Hope all goes well for you.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
ColinRR

Post by ColinRR »

Yes a fair amount onSE BS I believe but at least I’ll be collecting an S and soon. Looking forward to that.
ScotMac

Post by ScotMac »

Next Friday sounds good :D :D
Wolands Advocate

Post by Wolands Advocate »

Congrats on the Night Blue. It's lovely, especially when clean.

I didn't go for Night Blue because my father has a Gen 2 S in Night Blue and my wife preferred Gentian. But I regularly pass a Night Blue Gen 3 S on the silver-finish RS Spyder alloys, with chrome window surrounds and a beige interior, and it always looks very smart. It's parked by the Italian embassy on Grosvenor Square and always immaculately shiny - easily looks upmarket enough to match its august surroundings!
2023 Macan GTS
2022 Mini Cooper
ColinRR

Post by ColinRR »

Thanks. I don’t know why Porsche discontinued the colour. I chose Gentian for my new order as a nearest second choice. When I saw the S advertised and being in night blue I thought I must take a look. It was really shiny and looked great but they are going to do a full valet and 111 point inspection to have it ready for when I collect.
ColinRR

Post by ColinRR »

Collected my Gen 2 Macan S from Tewkesbury Porsche Centre on Friday afternoon. Very pleased with it - looks like new!
Will post a couple of pics here when I’ve worked out how to do it.
Colin
2japs

Post by 2japs »

ColinRR wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:59 am Collected my Gen 2 Macan S from Tewkesbury Porsche Centre on Friday afternoon. Very pleased with it - looks like new!
Will post a couple of pics here when I’ve worked out how to do it.
Colin
👍
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB