Specification Error

All your ordering information here!
FirstSeaLord

Post by FirstSeaLord »

Wooldric - how did you get on post your Tuesday conversation?
Gen-3 Macan GTS (Volcano)
992 GT3 Touring (Agate)
718 Spyder (Arctic)

sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

wooldric wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:13 pm Thanks for all the feedback & advice.

Disappointingly I'm still struggling to get any clarity out of the OPC. I was assured the Centre Principal would call me yesterday only to then receive another email from the SE today saying the CP had moved on and again asking me if I'd decided what I wanted to do! I've again stressed that to make a decision I need to know a delivery timeframe for a new order. Getting me "up the build schedule" is too vague. The SE has again said that whoever's standing in for the Centre Principal will call to discuss. As I write I'm still waiting so I guess that I'll have to call them 1st thing in the morning. I really think they just want me to take back the deposit so they can sell the car to someone else & hopefully keep the sorry episode quiet.

I'm so disappointed by the lack of interest/respect they are showing.

Did I mention that they've been servicing my Porsche Boxster for the last 9 years!
I’m sure you’ve done this already but if not log a formal complaint with Porsche uk hq.

That will get the OPC to listen plus you may get some comp towards new car
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I bet we never here from the Op again.

They have got all the advice they need from the Forum.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

And probably ignored it all 😂
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
wooldric

Post by wooldric »

Thanks again for those who’ve provided helpful comments and suggestions. Sadly this dispute is still rumbling along as the OPC hasn’t come yet up with a solution that won’t expose me to additional cost. So it’s now being escalated within the Group. To add insult to injury the Sales Exec tried to deny he’d provided me with a firm p/ex valuation for my Boxster.

I’m expecting another conversation on Monday & I’ll report back with any tangible updates.

A disappointing end to what should be an exciting time!
wooldric

Post by wooldric »

Closure!
I had constructive talks with my OPC management on Monday & Tuesday. Long story short I was offered a couple of options, take the car with a healthy discount (plus some Tequip accessories) or wait for a rebuild also with a substantial discount (but risk a price increase). After a viewing I decided that I could live with the omissions and as I didn’t want to wait any longer, I’m now the proud owner of a Macan T.
Not the buying experience I expected or wanted but pleased to have drawn a line under the sorry saga.
DRW

Post by DRW »

Hi

I have never ordered a brand new Porsche but other marquess that I have ordered I have always had a vehicle order form with the base price and the options price and description?
Is this not the case with Porsche?

David
Bluesnose1812

Post by Bluesnose1812 »

DRW wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:46 pm Hi

I have never ordered a brand new Porsche but other marquess that I have ordered I have always had a vehicle order form with the base price and the options price and description?

David
Yes, but before then you have the option to change your spec any time between paying the deposit and signing the final order.

Use the portal search function for "Lock Down" there are many wierd and wonderful stories to keep you amused.
Currently
S|Leather|Air Susp|Chrono |Surround Camera|BOSE|14 way | AILPG |
http://www.porsche-code.com/PPSV6RD5
Next Project 4 March 2025
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6MH479
pmg

Post by pmg »

David
i cannot obviously say in this particular case what happened , but in my own order there was such form specifying base cost and added extras and taxes etc
2019 Macan S Porsche code PKW8WKI8
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

David
No it is not the case.

We sign up in the OPC and then use the Porsche Configurator to select the Options that we want.

When we have a Configuration that we are happy with we get the system to Generate a Code.

This code is passed in most cases via eMail to the Sales Exec who in turn gives it to the OPC Admin who enters the details on the Porsche Ordering Platform. So you can see how easy it is for errors to creep into the ordering process. The worst being a Macan supplied in totally the wrong colour, the Op declined the car and was offered a 911 instead which he took.

What we should not do is give the Code to the SE our OPC Admin until they confirm an actual build date and they request the Code.

I eMailed my Code to the SE and included a PDF file of the Configuration chosen, I still have a copy of that file

Until they receive the Code a deposit is fully refundable, after they have received the Code the Contract To Buy comes into force and the buyer is committed to the purchase.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags