Specification Error

All your ordering information here!
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

wooldric wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:39 pm My last word on the build error.

In my own sad case I visited the OPC back in March and agreed the initial spec with the SE who put it in the system himself and eventually issued an order form. In August I got a call saying that my build slot was imminent and that I needed to finalise the build. I again visited the OPC and the SE added all the extras I wanted then sent me the revised order form. His main error (and there were a few) was that he'd lost track of the build timetable and Porsche had already closed the spec on my car. So my original spec was the one that was built / delivered. The fact he then didn't notice, or maybe just ket quiet about the error, until the week before delivery just added to the pain. Not the end of the world but you don't buy bespoke to receive off the peg.

An additional issue was that he denied giving a firm valuation on my p/ex in August and wanted to reduce the p/ex value in October. I had an email detailing p/ex value (that he'd forgotten he'd issued) and a record on the date & time I'd called him to clarify valuation docs get issued and when. Ultimately what he told me was wrong and I should have received was an order form that included the p/ex valuation. This meant it needed protracted conversations to get what I thought was a fair p/ex value for my Boxster.

My learning takeaways are:
- Ask for regular system generated order / build status reports
- Don't accept email valuations
- If you are unhappy with your SE early in the process ask for another

I genuinely think I was very unlikely to be allocated a rogue SE. The OPC are revisiting their oversight controls to hopefully ensure it doesn't happen again. As I've been more than happy with the service from them over the last 9 years I won't name and shame (although tempted to name the SE !)
Personally, I don't think you should name & shame. I'm sure he's had a kicking from the dealer principal on the matter. Plus car sales is pretty ruthless anyway. If he's not up to scratch, they'll get rid. Especially if a few customers have also complained. Not good for the brand, or the dealership. Especially as you have your customer satisfaction survey to come. Now you could drop him it with Porsche. Which, I think you should be honest about. And also honest about discount and free accessories which ultimately made you then accept the car. Let Porsche decide from there on.
Last edited by wab172uk on Thu Nov 02, 2023 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Plyphon

Post by Plyphon »

When I ordered my car similar happened in that I wasn't told when the factory lockdown date was - and by the time I enquired it had been and gone. Luckily the last spec they had was the final spec I wanted. But I was a bit miffed at the time.
Gen 3 Macan GTS: PPUAVS94
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Plyphon wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:58 pm When I ordered my car similar happened in that I wasn't told when the factory lockdown date was - and by the time I enquired it had been and gone. Luckily the last spec they had was the final spec I wanted. But I was a bit miffed at the time.
I'm surprised about that, especially as they us the the specification review as a time to get you to add any extras.

I had 3. initial order specification. Second was when the price rise hit and some times became standard. Then again just before lock-in.

Maybe some SE care more about customer service more than others?
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

I read this and heard echoes of my first purchase experience at Sheffield in 2019. I went in to confirm an order and pay over the deposit. The SE "couldn't get into the system" and said lockdown is tomorrow but we can sort it in the morning. Next day we mucked about with emailed order forms, printed, signed, scanned and emailed back. In short all too late!
So delivery slipped a month (still a LOT quicker than No.2 ordered last year!).
Come collection, after the SE having view my previous car and giving me a trade in way in excess of my expectation, I was asked to sign and confirm it had 7,000 miles on it :idea: no says I, it's 67,000. They honoured the price though, fair play!
Just two of umpteen reasons Stockport got my business next time around.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
FlyingDutchman

Post by FlyingDutchman »

homerdog wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 9:18 am
wooldric wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:33 pm Closure!
I’m now the proud owner of a Macan T.
Glad you got it sorted out in the end, even though it's not an ideal outcome.

Shame some of the replies have probably put you off the forum; some people on here come across as complete arseholes - you would think they would show a bit more respect to everybody!
Couldn't agree more. Thankfully it's the really helpful ones that are in the majority.
Current
- Macan Turbo PP
- 997 GTS
- Mercedes Benz R107 300SL

Previous
- 993 Turbo X50
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

FlyingDutchman wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:09 pm
wooldric wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 10:33 pm Closure!
I’m now the proud owner of a Macan T.

Shame some of the replies have probably put you off the forum; some people on here come across as complete arseholes - you would think they would show a bit more respect to everybody!
Couldn't agree more. Thankfully it's the really helpful ones that are in the majority.
I’ve read this thread through - where are the disrespect posts? All seem to be offering sympathy and sound advice…. Have I missed something?
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

Jon A wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:53 pm

I’ve read this thread through - where are the disrespect posts? All seem to be offering sympathy and sound advice…. Have I missed something?
I blame Wab!
On order

GT4 RS

Current

992 S
Macan.2 S
928S4
Modified Lotus Exige V6
Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

981 Boxster S
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Tracky wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 5:58 pm
Jon A wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 12:53 pm

I blame Wab!
Good shout 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

A real conspiracy for him to seize on!
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
r1flyguy

Post by r1flyguy »

Plyphon wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 2:58 pm When I ordered my car similar happened in that I wasn't told when the factory lockdown date was - and by the time I enquired it had been and gone. Luckily the last spec they had was the final spec I wanted. But I was a bit miffed at the time.

Identical experience here too.
Macan GTS collected 01/092022 - PN4IVH48

Previous - 2015 Macan SD
Previous - 991.1 TTS met an untimely and sad end.
Previous - 2008 997 Turbo traded for TurboS
Previous - 2003 986 BoxsterS Sold due to needing a 3rd seat :D