GTS Order Confirmed

All your ordering information here!
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

GTS is good value IF you are speccing up an S with much of the stuff that’s standard on a GTS (tinted lights, sports exhaust, air suspension, upgraded wheels and upgraded interior, painted front apron/sides/rear apron) - these alone are about an additional £8k-£9k. If you fancy bigger brakes you get with GTS then that’s another £2K I think

At that stage better just getting the GTS

But if your speccing a bunch of stuff that’s not standard on either car (like surround camera, lane change, ACC etc) then the GTS is much more expensive.

For me all that GTS standard spec was must haves so easy decision.

For others they may want the optional extras that don’t come with either the S or the GTS and don’t care much for the GTS spec, at that point the S makes more sense.

Hot Wheels

Post by Hot Wheels »

I have had the Macan for four weeks now and appreciate (nearly) all the extras that I added. I was sceptical about getting any benefit from the heated steering wheel and was persuaded by this forum. I am now delighted that I took the advice of sage forum contributors and included the heated wheel (I have the GT sports wheel) - it’s great.
I’m unclear if you have selected the larger fuel tank? - when full, it indicates that I should have around 450miles with mine, but coming from a rattly old diesel with a range of 700 miles for a full tank, I often feel at 200 miles range remaining that I need to re-fuel. This could just be my old person caution……and another reason I will not be going battery any time soon. My advice: go for the larger fuel tank.
Macan S
Code: PR5S7372
Tidesurge3

Post by Tidesurge3 »

75L tank is standard on a GTS.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRD69BS9 GTS on order for Mar 24 delivery.
Jon A

Post by Jon A »

If you are showing 450 miles range on your S then almost certainly you have the 75l tank - as Tidesurge says, it’s standard on GTS 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
M30LEV

Post by M30LEV »

Thanks all for the comments i will re-visit the 18 way seats on Tuesday. sd1985 has explained it perfectly and it seems i was in the same boat as everything i specd on my MacanS (code below) was std on the GTS so it made sense to go for the GTS if possible. I think the black wheels go better with the Papaya athough i know black wheels seem to have a love / hate relationship. The only thing i do like is the gloss black front bumper section but to have this i will have to replace the side trim in body colour with gloss black and the lower mirror trim will also be gloss black but this will be a no cost option on my current spec so 50/50 at the moment on that change.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR42CAZ5
2japs

Post by 2japs »

sd1985 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 6:59 pm GTS is good value IF you are speccing up an S with much of the stuff that’s standard on a GTS (tinted lights, sports exhaust, air suspension, upgraded wheels and upgraded interior, painted front apron/sides/rear apron) - these alone are about an additional £8k-£9k. If you fancy bigger brakes you get with GTS then that’s another £2K I think

At that stage better just getting the GTS

But if your speccing a bunch of stuff that’s not standard on either car (like surround camera, lane change, ACC etc) then the GTS is much more expensive.

For me all that GTS standard spec was must haves so easy decision.

For others they may want the optional extras that don’t come with either the S or the GTS and don’t care much for the GTS spec, at that point the S makes more sense.
Good points, it’s all down to the individual options.
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)