GTS Order Confirmed

All your ordering information here!
M30LEV

Post by M30LEV »

Had some good news today from my local OPC In a thread I posted some months back I posted my spec for a Macan S ordered way back in March 2023 wanting a delivery for March 2024 (new reg and may be one of the last) at the point of placing my order I dismissed a GTS due to delivery lead times and initial cost. After reading some threads on the forum it seems that the availability of a GTS has eased slightly although according to the OPC they don’t have so many build slots available for the GTS as the S. In August I spec’d up a GTS to the same spec as my S (sports seats, 21” wheels, sports exhaust, sports chrono etc) and found that a GTS was coming out at just over 2k more. I went to see my local OPC to see if I could change my order to a GTS but he explained that currently I was top of the list for a Macan S but 13 other people have ordered a GTS for delivery around March / April 2024 he commented there would probably be no further orders after this time and would not know the allocation for 2024 until early November / December at their dealership.
On Wednesday 1st November 2023 I attended the Porsche experience centre and drove a GTS, what a car after reading all the comments on this forum and YouTube all saying what a good car it is, when you put it through its paces on a track well to say I was impressed would be an understatement and while driving home I was wondering what the chances are in getting one. Yesterday I phoned the OPC to see if there was any update but I had to leave the sales person a message as he was out of the office. Well to cut a long story short I had a phone call today from the OPC saying they have one vehicle allocation available for a build in January 2024, delivery In February, hopefully might get a slight delay and get the new Reg but just happy to get one. I sent through my new specification so they can cancel my S order and place my GTS order. Had a phone call late this afternoon confirming from Porsche I now have that build slot I have a meeting on Tuesday to lock the spec down. Tried to work within my desired budget and just about did it so no room to add any extras. Should be a bit different to my previous Macan SD.

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PR6BLYC4

Jon A

Post by Jon A »

Really nice car!!
If I were to make an unsolicited comment, I would say I had the carbon package and it adds very little, particularly in a GTS which has a bespoke brushed black aluminium.
But your car and it looks a cracker! 👍
718 Boxster - lava orange (2019)
992 C2 racing yellow (2020)
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PRIMAJB4
Ex - Macan S - Carmine (2022)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZVYTE0
Scooby_Doo

Post by Scooby_Doo »

Well specced, but I couldn't live with the 8 way seats, as above I'd drop the carbon package and put the cash towards 14 or 18 way seats , plus you get the electric memory function for free so only an extra £333 for 18 way seats.
sd1985

Post by sd1985 »

Similar spec to mine but different colour, I went crayon.

I went with 8 way seats, I’ve had 18 ways in two previous macans. If only recommend if you have back issues, as I never used the other 10 adjustment options! I’d only consider 8 way on a GTS though because the bucket seats are the same as the 18

I also specced carbon package, I personally love the additional sporty feel it brings. I owned a gen 3 GTS which i sold and now buying a new one back again, the brushed aluminium is lovely, but I sat In one with the carbon and loved it, and felt £700 was actually reasonable so also went with it.

Also the surround camera is a good feature but I left it out because I feel the Porsche surround isn’t actually that great.
crockers

Post by crockers »

I have the 8 way GTS seats and find them great. Also the T has the black brushed trim which I too think is great.
PorscheMack

Post by PorscheMack »

Not sure about Red callipers with Papaya?
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 24-???)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PRKIVM50
Macan GTS (Gen 3) (Mar 22-Nov 23)
http://www.porsche-code.com/PNIECDM4
wab172uk

Post by wab172uk »

Nice spec. I'm surprised there was only £2k between S & GTS specifications.
Neil1911

Post by Neil1911 »

wab172uk wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:41 am Nice spec. I'm surprised there was only £2k between S & GTS specifications.
I was too, so I did the same exercise (well, I have just gone over 10k miles) ..... would cost me ten grand more for the GTS plus loss on current 🤔
http://www.porsche-code.com/PP37WLA6, a Dolomite Silver S, collected from Stockport OPC on Valentine's Day 2023, after a 399 day wait.
Ex.: Gen2 S, Volcano grey 1/9/19 - 3/2/23 & 39,235 Smiles, RIP
DJMCUK

Post by DJMCUK »

When you go in for the meeting on Tuesday try the 8 way and at least the 14 way seats.

Our test drive was in an 8 way car but having had 14 way for so long in my 981 I tried the 14 way Macan seats and they were, for my wife and I, essential.

Also, storage is scant so ask about additional storage options such as under seat.
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Neil1911 wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 11:07 am
wab172uk wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2023 10:41 am Nice spec. I'm surprised there was only £2k between S & GTS specifications.
I was too, so I did the same exercise (well, I have just gone over 10k miles) ..... would cost me ten grand more for the GTS plus loss on current 🤔
Just out of interest I did the same, works out at a £6k diff, so looks like a GTS is good value considering the bog standard cars have nearly a £12k gap 🤔
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)