Mexico blue?

All your ordering information here!
Andymacan

Post by Andymacan »

Hi all, before I go to lock down I have been deliberating Mexico blue for my Gts, my other colour is VG, I think my partner has had enough of listening to me switching between colours! so I have turned to this forum to get all the answers I need and for you lot to encourage me to spend much more of my hard earned money to make the Porsche empire even richer. many friends have said,nice colour but wouldn't own it! I think of future residual values as well, and also living with this colour and coming to sell it? Please could you let me know your thoughts good or bad, I'm sure you fellow macannies will let me know!

Paul

Post by Paul »

Brave choice, you'd certainly be unique...but how long would you need to wait? I assume that's a " special" colour at huge expense and additional delay?
Reminds me a bit of the Porsche Gulf racing colour scheme.
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Little lofty

Post by Little lofty »

Colours like that can cost you twice, once when you pay Porsche for it and again when the OPC kicks you in the nuts at trade in. I would never tell anyone what colour to get as it's a very personal choice, but that's not for me, on a 911/Cayman yes, but not on a Macan. Why not Sapphire blue if you like blue.
Andymacan

Post by Andymacan »

I think it is six months, I just think the Macan colour palette is a bit basic when you consider the colours you can choose from Land Rover or some other car companies.
turboman

Post by turboman »

For what its worth I love the blue and if its what you want go for it, its your cash and you could kick yourself later on if you really wanted that blue and went for VC. This has to be your call go with your gut feeling and you stick with it.
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Not 100% sure about that very bright blue, but LOVE the wheels!! 😜
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Tonyboney01

Post by Tonyboney01 »

Why not get a standard colour, then get the car wrapped in the blue. Cheaper, protects paintwork, and can be removed come trade-in time....

PS: I actually think that blue would look amazing! I actually was considering doing the above before the GTS in Carmine was announced.Tonyboney012016-02-23 07:20:27
Macan GTS - PHLELVC4
Cayman GT4 - PG5GT6Z9
Mcanny

Post by Mcanny »

... that would be the way I would go! way cheeper, don't have to wait for ever to get it and can change it several times for the cost of the Mexico paint which I'm guessing is £4k wish to have
www.porsche-code.com/PG7L9Qc5 sold 24th March 2016

GTS ordered 9th November 15, May 16 build, May 24th delivered www.porsche-code.com/PH62SLM5
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Go for the wrap as Tony advises.

A couple of years ago I saw an R8 that was wrapped but in mirrored silver, it looked amazing
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
LLL

Post by LLL »

Bold color and could be fun to have a few days a year, but maybe a bit too much for a DD. I would take any of the standard colors, get the car quicker and then take a vacation to Mexico instead for the saved funds not going with PTS LOL