What should I spec on my Macan? FAQ

All your ordering information here!
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

EVIL

In the light of DPF issues with people buying SDs and not driving the car in a manner that will trigger regeneration can I suggest that you amend the initial post with a brief paragraph about the choice of engine and with specific advice something along the lines of
The diesel engined Macan (refered to as Macan SD within this forum) has a DPF filter which requires specific engine temperatures, loading, & speed characteristics to initiate regeneration of the DPF filter. This regeneration clears the build up of soot particulates within the exhaust system. If your usage of an SD is not condusive with this criteria then it is likely that you will experience problems with the SD, with the problems being an error message, the car going into limp home mode or the car requiring collection and return to the nearest OPC. Can we suggest that you discuss and document with your SE precisely what your intended useage is of your proposed Macan and have them confirm either way which will be the best model variant for you. Do note that a DPF filter is not specific to Porsche, they are required to meet the Cat 6 emissions criteria and hence other manufacturers diesel engines will probably behave in a similar manner.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags

Kasfranks99

Post by Kasfranks99 »

Great suggestion Col.
As much as the diesel DPF issue is generic to other make / model cars I think it would be sensible that buyers check the usage and driving style.
Also maybe put a link to some generic info as per below which gives easy detailed info.

https://www.theaa.com/driving-advice/fuels-environment/diesel-particulate-filters
GTS 😀
2japs

Post by 2japs »

Good point. My last two cars have been jag XF diesels and I Made a point of once a week doing a 'DPF' run. My son is a JLR technician and warned me of the DPF clogging issue. Now have a petrol Macan which suits my short journey low mileage lifestyle
Macan S
Audi S3 x 2
Macan
Jag XF x 2
Audi A3/4/6 (C. Cars)
VW Golf/Passat (C.Cars)
Ford Cortina/Capri/Sierra(C.Cars)
Toyota Celica x2
Triumph Stag/ TR5(classics)
MGB
Austin 1300( first car)
EviL Ras

Post by EviL Ras »

FAQ post now stickied!
Carmine and Partial Garnet GTS Delivered Jan 17' www.porsche-code.com/PHE2IGH7
Our collection video - https://youtu.be/B-HvzRYztqc
Paul

Post by Paul »

😂 your spelling!.....that should read stuckted!😉
1st Sapphire SD
2nd Sapphire GTS
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=4296
Current 992 S Cab
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=9845&p=196465#p196465
Stanley246

Post by Stanley246 »

G/Day Forum

About to place an order for a 2019 Macan , now the the decision is the should I purchase a 2 Ltr or the v6 S ? ......my worry is I do like to drive enthusiastically ( but within the law) would the four cly be underpowered ?

Now although lm still undecided,I have a provisional order contract with my local dealer for a 2019 Macan S (update model) for hopeful delivery ro Oz in April 19 Ive listed the add ons and wondered if one of You’s could advise if there something I’ve missed ( and also answer my 2 Ltr 3 Ltr decision)

Black Garnet two tone leather
Titled tail lights for the new rear lights design
Panoramic roof
Sport design exterior mirrors
Sport exhaust with black tail pipes
21 inch sport classic wheels in black
Adaptive sport seats
Red seat belts
Porsche crest embossed head rest
Bose sound system

Rgs Alan
Ray G

Post by Ray G »

Stand by for a barrage, something along the lines of...

GTS best (but new model not yet available) so...

Turbo (with PP) if you can afford it
S is good if budget does not stretch to Turbo
2l as last resort...not because it is bad but because there are better options if your budget allows due to reasons of performance, ride and depreciation.

It would be the "S" for me from what you have outlined.

There are numerous other threads available regarding options, so stand by for a similar bewildering barrage of "suggestions" (they like to spend your money on this site😂😂). Some initial thoughts on that:

What is your preferred colour?
Spare wheel?
PASM/Air
LED/PDLS + in black
Auto dimming mirrors
Park assist with (minimum) reversing camera
Heated windscreen
Seat heating
Heated steering wheel
Smokers pack
Current: Macan SD Volcano Grey
Previous: Cayenne SD then Cayenne S
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Stanley246 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:57 am G/Day Forum

About to place an order for a 2019 Macan , now the the decision is the should I purchase a 2 Ltr or the v6 S ? ......my worry is I do like to drive enthusiastically ( but within the law) would the four cly be underpowered ?

Now although lm still undecided,I have a provisional order contract with my local dealer for a 2019 Macan S (update model) for hopeful delivery ro Oz in April 19 Ive listed the add ons and wondered if one of You’s could advise if there something I’ve missed ( and also answer my 2 Ltr 3 Ltr decision)

Black Garnet two tone leather
Titled tail lights for the new rear lights design
Panoramic roof
Sport design exterior mirrors
Sport exhaust with black tail pipes
21 inch sport classic wheels in black
Adaptive sport seats
Red seat belts
Porsche crest embossed head rest
Bose sound system

Rgs Alan
Welcome

Can I suggest that rather than this sticky being highjacked that you start a new post.
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Ray G

Post by Ray G »

Transferred to new thread under title "2l or S - and what should I spec?" as suggested by Col Lamb
Current: Macan SD Volcano Grey
Previous: Cayenne SD then Cayenne S
Stanley246

Post by Stanley246 »

Thks all for the reply’s , there’s a lot to take in .... need to get it right as these things are expensive in OZ $96K USD for my build as listed so far