What should I spec on my Macan? FAQ

All your ordering information here!
Fairynuff

Post by Fairynuff »

Does anyone just happen to know whether the cross roof members that came with my Q5 would fit on the roof rails of a Macan. OR do you know how I can answer that question with taking them to a Macan with roof rails and trying to fix them on?

ianst

Post by ianst »

Heads up, the 2019 S we drove had smoking package but retained rear usbs
MY22 GTS awaiting parts :roll: http://www.porsche-code.com/PN7IVI77
69 Sapphire S: (sold)
frankstar123

Post by frankstar123 »

Defo get an switchable sports exhaust if you like a good engine note. The car is fairly quiet even at WOT.
2019 Macan S, Air Susp, 21 RS Alloys, Pano, Sport Chrono Pack, Lighting Pack, BOSE, Standard seats, Parking Camera, Privacy Glass.
T4LGO

Post by T4LGO »

But does it make that much difference on new Macans.. I think the problem is the GPF.. its in the exhaust and acts as sound muffler its the same for a lot of marques
Kermit the Mamba Green Macan S .. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKIFXUV9
PaulR

Post by PaulR »

T4LGO wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:36 pm But does it make that much difference on new Macans.. I think the problem is the GPF.. its in the exhaust and acts as sound muffler its the same for a lot of marques
Would be good if someone could clarify this for sure. Is there a difference in sound between the pre and post facelift Macan S with sports exhaust? I'm more interested in the upcoming GTS, wondering if this won't sound as good as the older one.
Current - Macan III GTS
Previous - Macan II GTS, Macan I GTS
NSinc

Post by NSinc »

PaulR wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:44 am
T4LGO wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 1:36 pm But does it make that much difference on new Macans.. I think the problem is the GPF.. its in the exhaust and acts as sound muffler its the same for a lot of marques
Would be good if someone could clarify this for sure. Is there a difference in sound between the pre and post facelift Macan S with sports exhaust? I'm more interested in the upcoming GTS, wondering if this won't sound as good as the older one.
There's a video on youtube showing the difference in the facelift Macan S with PSE and without. The difference is minimal! I took it off my final order because of that video. Also listened to both and my experience day and it really isn't worth the £1700 to me.

My thoughts were that i'm basically then trying to spec a GTS, and it was just adding more and more cost. Plus i have an RS3 with Sports exhaust for when i want to go and make some noise :)
2018 Audi RS3 480bhp (Nardo Grey)
2019 Macan S (Volcano Grey)
FSB

Post by FSB »

If you look up 'Nick Murray' on Youtube he actually goes through all the options on the Macan Configurator and gives his opinion on all of them.
This includes the Sports exhaust on a Macan running, inside and out vs one without. I have to agree that there appears to be minimal difference listening to the engine being revved on the outside and even less on the inside.
Nige

2016: Boxster 981 GTS in GT Silver
2020: Macan GTS in Crayon
On order: GTS http://www.porsche-code.com/PR9P7VG9
JohnP

Post by JohnP »

PaulR wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:44 am

First impressions are that the exhaust note is much different on the new GTS to the old one; the old one had a much deeper, more resonant sound. The Gen2, whilst still having some nice crackles and pops on overrun, sounds a little bit too civilised for my liking. Whether this will change after a few thousand miles (as suggested by my OPC) is yet to be seen.

On the Gen2 GTS, activating the sports exhaust makes a significant difference to the sound outside of the car, but much less so inside. All in all, I'd say the earlier car sounded better.
Dolomite Silver Macan GTS Gen 2 (www.porsche-code.com/PLBT3XT5)
Rhodium Silver Macan GTS (sold)
Tracky

Post by Tracky »

We’ve not owned a Gen 1 only had a couple of loaners when others were in and even each time a different model 2.0 and petrol/diesel S, therefore have no direct comparison on engine noise

We do have PSE and it has got better with miles but nothing like the difference the switch used to make on my old RS4 (B8) or current generation AMG e class I had before my 992.

Thankfully there is a noticeable difference in sound on my 992.
On order

GT4 RS

Current

2019 992 S
2019 Macan S
2014 Modified Lotus Exige V6
2022 Seat Ibiza 1.0 (115ps) DSG Excellence Lux(dog’s!)
1987 928S4
1967 Jag Mk2 3.4

Ex

2012 Boxster S
Batuk

Post by Batuk »

About to fnalise Macan 2l order.
Selected a few options. Is it worth getting Sports Chronos bearing in mind is only a 2l model? Asking because I like the clock thing on the dash. However ordering a compass/clock to fill the space costs around £240. For £500 more can get the Chronos pack. Should I just go for Chronos pack? Any views, thoughts welcome and gratefully appreciated