What should I spec on my Macan? FAQ

All your ordering information here!
VanB

Post by VanB »

If anyone wants the absolute best ride comfort then its a no brainer, standard 18" and air suspension.

Test drove one a year ago and the ride was superb, handling a bit lacking but nowhere near as compromised as you would think.

Take it from that you pushed it to the limit, lost grip and concluded this happened at a lower performance envelope than with bigger, lower profile tyres that you also pushed to the limit and lost grip with?
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate

Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

If anyone wants the absolute best ride comfort then its a no brainer, standard 18" and air suspension.

Test drove one a year ago and the ride was superb, handling a bit lacking but nowhere near as compromised as you would think.

Take it from that you pushed it to the limit, lost grip and concluded this happened at a lower performance envelope than with bigger, lower profile tyres that you also pushed to the limit and lost grip with?

Did not need to do that, it was a back to back test of two Macans.

First Macan was 21" and PASM and we drove the same route with each Macan hence it is very easy to feel the difference
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
goron59

Post by goron59 »

Oh look, a superlative!

Well obviously not "best" if you find the slow undulating nature of this ride induces nausea.
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

I stand corrected.

I should have said ........................best ride comfort for this old codger with a bad back who can readily eat a full five course meal on board a ship going through gale force winds and seas whilist all those around me are throwing up breakfast
Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Lovely image, Col!
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Justin

Post by Justin »

Chaps, it is Justin here, the writer of the original survey.

Could I encourage you all to fill it in...

Please just fill it in once, and resist the temptation to "play" with different configurations!

I've split out the results here...

The results for 2.0/S/SD are here

The results for GTS/Turbo models are here

Keep up the good work everyone.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Just updated your survey.

One thing to note is the seats

GTS has a choice of the three different configs

Turbo comes with 18 way as standard and 14 way as a no cost alternative
Col
Macan Turbo
Justin

Post by Justin »

Thanks Col Lamb - I haven't looked at the survey for a while, it had quite a lot of activity at first and then died off.

I'll give it a few more tweaks in a few days time.

I originally thought we might be able to cost the options, but at the time I hadn't realsied that the same option can cost different amounts depending on what the base model is.

Tim92gts

Post by Tim92gts »

Has anyone done Paint to Sample lately?

In a preliminary chat before Christmas I was given the impression that it wouldn't be a problem but now my SE is saying no more orders being taken.

I just can't believe that the option has been withdrawn just before I chose to order.

Could it be best to hold off for a year in case sales drop a bit and the option is reinstated?

This has really thrown me having spent the last fortnight chewing over the options and finding the cash to fund it.
Tim
PP Turbo, LED PTV ACC Pano 20"Macans collected 6th September 2017
1992 928GTS
2003 996 Cab
goron59

Post by goron59 »

^^ try another OPC
Used to have 2016 Macan Turbo PHCKCL70
Previously a 2014 Macan Turbo.
Now a 2021 Tesla Model 3 LR