Exterior Colour

All your ordering information here!
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

...not sure that I'd order a new Porsche in that pale lilac colour, but it is certainly a more colourful choice than that which we have here in the UK
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018

Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

Thanks...that's all great advice all...plenty to think about...I think I have 4 weeks to decide.

Look what you lot have done ............ you've chased the new guy away.

The original question was "<span style=": rgb248, 248, 252;">not sure if I should go for Jet Black Metallic or Standard Black". No mention of red, green, purple or whether they should wash using the 5 bucket method. Confused</span>

Oooooh. The 5 bucket method. Is that a new one? I still haven't got my head round washing it, let alone with more than 1 bucket. Do Porsche sell a 5 bucket kit? Maybe on the Tequipment site?
Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

There's a wealth of choice on there! Do you want your buckets in carbon, aluminium, black aluminium, piano black, walnut or limed oak...? And do you want heated handles...? Wing Commander2017-02-14 19:06:47
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
Ian.g

Post by Ian.g »

I would quite like one that washes the car without any input from me. Do they do one of those?
SP6IGHT

Post by SP6IGHT »

Nice Spec. For what its worth on a GTS i would go for Carmine Red. I saw one today at Porsche Leeds. Looked Awesome. Trouble is to make my SD look nearly as nice i need to spec the sport design pack.

SE said that with the red i need to make it really sporty looking otherwise it will look like a PO van

Plus i'm trying to keep this side of £55k

My spec

Cheers
MacanArif

Post by MacanArif »

Purely from a residual point of view - please tick Jet Black Metallic. You will reduce its desirability on the used market if you go flat black. If you like flat black and aren't bothered about residuals then fine.

Current:
992 Turbo (July 23)
MG4 EV Trophy Long Range
VW Caravelle 6.1 4motion DSG
Suzuki Swift Sport

Previous Macan SD, Macan Turbo, Macan Turbo, 991.1 C4GTS coupe, 996 C4S coupe, Macan Turbo, 991.2 C4GTS coupe; 991.2 GT3; 992 C2S; 991.1 Turbo S
steve w

Post by steve w »

Not a lover of Black to much like funeral cars,but everyone to their own if you definitely want Black I'd go metallic
SteveW
VanB

Post by VanB »

Colour is such an individual choice and there are no right answers. Some like red some lick black and some like bright green (anyone with good taste, of course, likes night blue).

You are trying to keep to £60k and, in the scheme of things, £600 odd is nothing so if you do actually prefer metallic black then go for it or you will regret it.
Current - 991.2 GTS C4 GT Silver
Previous: Macan GTS Night Blue
Previous: 981 Cayman S Agate
donmacan

Post by donmacan »

Your macan will be spotless and shiny for a day or so after cleaning it. Look at the macans you pass on the road and decide which still look good after getting a bit grubby. My sapphire blue seems to look good (to me anyway) even when dirty.
Bigboyrolo

Post by Bigboyrolo »

Hi All,

Great forum!

I'm about to take the plunge and complete my spec order for a Macan GTS. I'm looking for feedback on Exterior Colour options and not sure if I should go for Jet Black Metallic or Standard Black and save cash. 

Hi infaserv, as you will note, this post has deviated from your initial query. I suggest metallc black, it has a lovely shimmer when polished, the Macan GTS is a special car and deserves a special look. Flat black is just ordinary. Xterior colour is the hardest choice, I went from black to red and settled on Volcano Grey, after Mrs B intervened. There a few of your options I would drop to cover the cost, but that's your decision. I ended up £1k over my self imposed limit on an S at £61k, so I know the feeling. Let us know what you decide, and if you get a discount on your 5 buckets.
"Every year is getting shorter, never seem to find the time" Pink Floyd.
BMW 2019 440i Convertible
2016 Panny S e-Hybrid Black/Cream sold Apr 19
Macan S VG/Luxor, sold @ 9700 miles March 18
Macan SD Dark Blue/ Pebble, sold @ 16k miles Dec 16