Hey MacanArif any news of 991.2 GTS build slot?

All your ordering information here!
Bramptonmel

Post by Bramptonmel »

Remind me what your position is?
I'm still waiting for my targa gts slot. Had an interesting conversation with my SE yesterday who says that the UK is getting almost NO production slots out of Germany - for anything, not just 911. He says unless you want a diesel Macan or cayenne they can't provide anything. All their other delivery estimates are a year out. He doesn't know how any of them will make any money if there is nothing to sell, as they are so heavily commission based, unless there is a big dump of production slots coming.

Are you hearing the same sort of thing?

I'm picking up my Macan turbo pp on Saturday - looks like I might be driving it for a few months longer than I thought!

Sold: 2017 Night Blue Macan Turbo
Sold: 2010 Atlas Grey 997 C4S
Current: Night Blue Macan Turbo PP PHTAL3T4 collected 1March 2017
Ordered build date July 17: 991.2 Targa 4 GTS. PJTHYJP0.

Wing Commander

Post by Wing Commander »

Had an interesting conversation with my SE yesterday who says that the UK is getting almost NO production slots out of Germany - for anything, not just 911. He says unless you want a diesel Macan or cayenne they can't provide anything. All their other delivery estimates are a year out. He doesn't know how any of them will make any money if there is nothing to sell, as they are so heavily commission based, unless there is a big dump of production slots coming.

Blimey, Mel! That's the first of that I've heard on here or anywhere else...
Anyone else heard anything similar from their SE/OPC...? Confused
Simon

Sold: 2016 Rhodium Silver Macan 2.0
Sold: 2013 Platinum Silver 911 (991.1) C2
Sold: 2017 Carmine Red Panamera 4
Mine: 991.2 Carrera T Racing Yellow 06/04/2018
BigPhil

Post by BigPhil »

Would this be due to unfavourable exchange rates making the UK less attractive to Porsche?
http://www.porsche-code.com/PH96VJA6
MCDK

Post by MCDK »

May also be due to the fact that the UK got a boost in production slots over the last 6 months I imagine to meet the deadline of the upcoming VED increase. Clearly making hay while the sun shines as anyone wanting a new £40k plus car in 2017 wants it before April.

As a current owner I'm happy enough for lead time to extend out now as it will bolster residuals.
Virage11

Post by Virage11 »

I have heard Ferrari have reduced the number of cars coming into the UK for this year so would not be a surprise if Porsche was the same
Current Porsches: 991.2 GT3 RS
Previous Porsches: Macan x4 (one of each), Panamera x2, 996x2, 997x2, Cayenne S, Boxster S, Cayman S x2, Boxster Spyder, 991.1 Turbo S, 991.2 GT3 (manual), 718 Cayman GTS (PDK)
Others: way too many...
Ray G

Post by Ray G »

Good point about residuals...as long as it is not a diesel I guess.
Current: Macan SD Volcano Grey
Previous: Cayenne SD then Cayenne S
Bramptonmel

Post by Bramptonmel »

I said to him it was prob because they can make more money selling slots into France or Belgium given the exchange rate. He is v depressed.

He also said nobody wanted diesel Macans or cayenne because he is seeing a big swing away from diesels so I felt very sorry for him!
Sold: 2017 Night Blue Macan Turbo
Sold: 2010 Atlas Grey 997 C4S
Current: Night Blue Macan Turbo PP PHTAL3T4 collected 1March 2017
Ordered build date July 17: 991.2 Targa 4 GTS. PJTHYJP0.
Col Lamb

Post by Col Lamb »

Bad for anyone wanting a Porsche.

Good for JLR.

More Evoques, RRS'S, F Pace's and the upcoming Vader's.

Col
Macan Turbo
Air, 20” wheels, ACC, Pano, SurCam, 14w, LEDs, PS+, Int Light Pack, Heated seats and Steering, spare wheel, SC, Privacy glass, PDK gear, SD mirrors, Met Black, rear airbags
Hawkeye

Post by Hawkeye »

I find the whole diesel sentiment really curious as still pretty much every car review I read still recommends the diesel engine e.g. latest reviews of the Alfa Stelvio as a case in point. I wonder if motoring journalists just ignore the pressure on diesel?
No longer part of the Porsche Family. Now enjoying a Giulia Quadrifoglio.
Macan S Diesel delivered Oct 6th 2016. http://www.porsche-code.com/PHI3WP95. Sold March 2018.
Gazoak

Post by Gazoak »

I find the whole diesel sentiment really curious as still pretty much every car review I read still recommends the diesel engine e.g. latest reviews of the Alfa Stelvio as a case in point. I wonder if motoring journalists just ignore the pressure on diesel?

These politicians are making a mountain out of a mole hill. Unless it's a high performance sports car, if it has 6 or more cylinders, I will always buy diesel because of combined performance and fuel economy. I don't know what their hang up is. Global warming! I say "bring it on!"
2016 Cayman S 981
2018 BMW M3 CP